Airpura V600 is a simple but necessary upgrade for the so-so Airpura R600. At least it serves for a specific purpose, and with a better price than both the Airpura F600 and Airpura UV600, the Airpura V600 strengthen the position of Airpura in the high-range segment. Today, we are happy to deliver the Airpura V600 Review.
In Breathe Quality, we have reviewed all air purifiers under these sections. Also, we guarantee that:
- We do give honest reviews (both pros and cons) so anyone will guarantee to have the wisest choices.
- We do not (and never) exaggerate one product just to let you click the links and buy that product blindly.
- Variety of options for Activated Carbon filter
- Powerful air flow with high CADR
- Overall complete finish
- Quiet operation in lowest setting
- No Smart Features
- High power consumption
- High filter replacement cost
Since 2004, Airpura has been the best air purifier brand in Canada. With a large manufacturer factory, this brand has delivered up to 12 options that will definitely match your needs. As the air purifier for Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and chemicals, the Airpura V600 is one of the most desired air purifiers of this brand. Why so? You can check this Airpura V600 Review to understand.
Other Airpura’s Air Purifier Reviews:
Airpura V600 Price
The Airpura V600 is now an old device and the follow-ups, Airpura F600 and Airpura P600, are here. But if you are interested in the Airpura V600, it’s cheaper and you can always upgrade to the later version inside its main housing.
It’s touted as the most proper solution for not only VOCs and chemicals, but also the disaster of wildfire smoke, especially in California the recent years.
For the price, the Airpura V600 costs you $799. This price is exactly like the IQAir HealthPro Compact, and is a lot cheaper than the Oransi EJ120, Austin Air Bedroom Machine and IQAir HealthPro Plus.
While these prices may not convert exactly when the air purifier releases in Amazon, it’s still a good indication of the price of the air purifier – and it looks like it fits comfortably in the high-range of the price spectrum.
Related post: Best air purifiers in 2019.
Airpura V600 Design and Size
Even for the last review of Airpura air purifier, we still have a repetition for nearly everything, starting with the design and size of this Airpura V600.
Yes, just like the American Austin Air brand, the Canadian brand will keep the main housing for all of their air purifiers. So if you purchase one in the family, you can always change your mind and install other air filters to have a new machine.
Durability of the Airpura V600 is pretty good, with a full body of powder coat steel. It can prevent any off-gassing of chemical vapors, both within the clean air stream and in the unit’s end-of-life phase. With this material, the Airpura V600 is 93% recyclable.
There is one pressure seal on the filter chamber ensures that all of the dirty air passes through the filters. Other systems allow leakage and do not achieve the 99.97% HEPA filtration rating. Also, the felt gaskets will seal the filter chamber and maximize the filtration.
The Airpura V600 is also free of any plastic, rubber, silicone, or adhesives. The absence of these materials helps to reduce any off-gassing of chemical vapors, both within the clean air stream and in the unit’s end-of-life phase. As an air purifier for chemicals, the Airpura V600’s capacitors are free of polychlorinated biphenyls, or PCBs, which are toxic to humans, animals, and the environment.
The size of this Airpura V600 is quite compact in average, with the height of 23 inches and the width of 15 inches. It also features the powerful 360° Distribution air flow, which is the trending concept for air purifiers with high fan power.
The code name of this air purifier, “V” means “VOCs”. Airpura V600 is designed to deal with not only the common allergens and odors, but also thousands of harmful chemicals released from common household products such as PVC, vinyl, carpets, paint, heating fuels, ammonia, and pesticides. The great Activated Carbon filter inside Airpura V600 is ideal for any person with multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS). It is even effective against all types of wildfire smoke in the nature.
The weight of this Airpura V600 is 45 lbs, and luckily, we have a set of 4 casters to move it easier. This is also the signature concept of the Austin Air air purifiers.
Related post: Best air purifiers for bedroom.
Airpura V600 Filters
Now, we are reading one of the two most important factors when deciding the performance of one air purifier – its air filters. Basically, we will check the quantity of air filters and what air filter types it used first. Airpura V600 makes use of the signature 3-stage air cleaning system of this company.
- Pre-filter – To protect the main filter, Airpura V600 uses a poly pre-filter, which can trap large particles such as pet hair, human hair and large dust. It can be vacuumed clean and should be changed after 6 months or 1 year.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Airpura V600 uses a powerful Activated Carbon filter, which is 18 lbs in weight.
- True HEPA filter – Airpura V600 upgrades to the True HEPA filter, and can deal with 99.97% of any contaminant particles as small as 0.3 microns in size.
The True HEPA filter from the Airpura V600 is truly powerful, with an area of 40 sq ft in size. Having more filter media, the True HEPA filter of Airpura V600 is capable of dealing with even the tiniest particles, and can effectively remove 99.97% of any airborne particles ≥ 0.3 microns. You can also upgrade to the HEPA 14 Filter to improve the efficiency of Airpura H600 to 99.99%. Moreover, the True HEPA filter can last for 5 years without replacement.
Just like the Airpura R600, Airpura V600 uses a 18-lb Activated Carbon filter, which is highly effective in dealing with the chemicals, smoke, odors and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). With 17% of potassium iodide, the carbon filter can accelerate the binding of chemicals and VOCs quicker. You will have a next level upgrade for this carbon filter, to consist of 17% of potassium permanganate instead, then your Airpura V600 will become an Airpura F600.
Remember that the carbon filter is made from the high-quality coconut shell charcoal, which is 100% natural and won’t proceed any chemicals into your indoor air quality.
Now it’s time for the performance test, and I used a lot of high-end air purifiers to compare the power with this Airpura V600. The samples this time were Blueair Pro L, Austin Air HealthMate Plus and Austin Air Allergy Machine. They all ran in a room of 500 sq ft, for a full hour. As I expected, these top-class air purifiers were all able to remove 99.97% to 99.99% any particles down to 0.3 microns.
The only downside to buy one air purifier of this Canadian brand is the high filter replacement cost. You need to pay $179 for the True HEPA filter, and another $279 for the Activated Carbon filter. Quickly, the cost of filter replacement will be over the basic cost of your air purifier.
Related post: Best air purifiers for allergies.
Airpura V600 Room Coverage
The room coverage of Airpura V600 is 2000 sq ft, according to the technical standard of Airpura air purifiers.
The ACH of Airpura V600 is 2X. For a room of 2000 sq ft, it will exchange the air every 30 minutes.
The CADR of Airpura V600 is 560 cfm in general. You will get another Airpura air purifier with high CADR rating again.
Related post: Best large room air purifiers.
Airpura V600 Sound
The Airpura V600 shares the same fan power as others in the Airpura family, and this is one of the quietest fan for the power.
From the measurement, our testing unit is only 28 db at the lowest setting, and this is exactly the noise level of the whisper. There is no way you can hear a sound from such low noise level. However, if you are running the Airpura V600 at the highest setting, the noise level is 62 db, which is 8 times higher than the lowest noise level. For me, it is reasonable for an industrial air purifier.
Related post: Best air purifiers for office.
Airpura V600 Power Consumption
In Breathe Quality, one of our most FAQs is “Do air purifiers use a lot of energy?”. In fact, an air purifier needs to run for a long time (usually more than 8 hours) to be efficient, and therefore, power consumption is an important criteria to decide which air purifier to buy.
Such powerful air purifier like the Airpura V600 can’t hold the power consumption to be low. You will get a typical Airpura power consumption from 40W to 120W. And to be honest, the power consumption of this Airpura V600 is a lot higher than the AIRMEGA 400S, or the Alen BreatheSmart 75i in the same price range.
To run the Airpura V600 8 hours per day, you need to pay from $15 to $43 annually. Even if you always run the air purifier on highest speed, it would cost you only $0.1 each day.
Related post: Best air purifiers for pets.
Airpura V600 Additional Features
Both the Airpura and Austin Air families are saying no to any kinds of additional features. It seems that the high-end air purifiers are mostly for air purification, not for some flashy features to show off. You shouldn’t be surprise if your Airpura V600 doesn’t have any additional features.
There won’t be even the filter replacement indicator or the Timer. There is only one manual switch to change the fan speed of this machine.
If you like to add the Smart Sensor, a great feature to automatically adjust the fan power to suit the current indoor air quality, you need to buy the Alen BreatheSmart 75i. Or if you need Smart Wifi connectivity, you should look for the AIRMEGA 400S or the Blueair Classic 605.
Airpura V600 Customer Service
The Airpura Industries is a strong brand in Canada, and they are active in customer service field. Anyone who demands an air purifier from this brand can take dedicated suggestion about which device to buy, also with a reasonable installation of Central Air System (the latter is only available in local).
You can contact them freely via phone at 866-505-7872, or via email at email@example.com. They will get back to you as soon as possible.
Moreover, this company provides a 5-year warranty on parts, and even 10-year warranty on labor. This is one of the best customer services for the air purifier, and you would be happy with it.
The Airpura V600 is an upgraded version of the Airpura R600, gaining great abilities in dealing with common VOCs and harmful, airborne chemicals and pollutants.
Should I buy Airpura V600?
Yes, if you can afford an air purifier with such high price, you must have high demand for clean air. The Airpura V600 is overall a perfect solution for chemicals and Volatile Organic Compounds. Of course, you can upgrade the internals to other models in this Airpura family, but the Airpura V600 is nonetheless the cheapest.
- If you have serious allergies or asthma to airborne pollutants: and only if you believe your problem is caused by the toxic chemicals, an upgrade of $50 to Airpura C600 could help you better, with a bigger Activated Carbon filter.
- If you want a better performance, or better fan power to clean your room faster: all the air purifiers in Airpura family have the same fan power, so if you still don’t satisfy, you must pay $1500 for the Blueair Pro XL.
- If you need an air purifier with a better room coverage: the Airpura V600 is one of the best air purifiers for extra large room, especially with the Airpura Central System.
- If you need a budget version of this air purifier: with less than $80, the Austin Air HealthMate Plus has great performance against the chemicals. You can also downgrade to the Airpura R600, as it still has the same size of Activated Carbon filter.
- If you need a more silent air purifier: the Airpura V600 is really quiet for its high fan power. If you don’t mind cut off the fan power, you can look for the AIRMEGA 400S or Alen BreatheSmart 75i, because both of them are much quieter than our today unit.
- If you care about the annual filter cost and energy cost: there are many saving options for you in this price range. Choose one from IQAir HealthPro Plus, Oransi EJ120, AIRMEGA 400S, Alen BreatheSmart 75i, Honeywell HPA600B or Philips 5000i.
- If you love the additional features: with less money, you can buy one of these AIRMEGA 300S, AIRMEGA 400S, Honeywell HPA600B and Philips 5000i for both the Smart Sensor and Smart Wifi connectivity functions. If you only care about the Smart Sensor, the IQAir HealthPro Plus and Alen BreatheSmart 75i will suit you better. Or if you don’t need to save the energy, and just want to control your air purifier via Alexa voice control, you should buy the Blueair Classic 605.
- Cleaning Power
- Power Consumption
Powerful air purifier against VOCs, and chemicals.