If you are here, we guess that you want to find out the best air purifiers for smoke in your house. It is also your top priority to search for an air purifier that will eliminate cigarette smoke and cigar odor. This air purifier must remove both smoke and its odor. The following are the most often encountered issues:
- You (or your family members) are a regular smoker.
- You are fed up with the smell of cigarette smoke, cigar odor or cooking smells.
- You are in an area with long exposure to the wildfire smoke, and you need a solution to end the misery.
Why you can trust Breathe Quality ☑: We’ve evaluated and measured 400+ air purifiers over the last few years to compile the most comprehensive air purifier ranking list available. It’s time to get rid of smoke inside your home in the most effective way. Let’s find the best air purifier for smoke in 2023.
Let’s not waste countless hours searching through other websites just to find the top rated air purifiers that fit your specific needs. Because in Breathe Quality:
- We provide honest reviews (both pros and cons) and a base comparison for all air purifiers, ensuring that everyone makes the best decisions.
- We do not (and we never) exaggerate one product just to let you click the links and buy that product blindly.
- Air purifiers are for everyone. Believing that, we will give you the best air purifiers from low-range to high-range. To know the exact price of your air purifier, make sure to hit the Check price button.
It is difficult for anyone to give up smoking. Buying the best air purifier for smoke in 2023 is clearly the most efficient way to help you eliminate the smoke and smell at the moment. The Breathe Quality has tested and considered many of the top air purifiers up until now, and here are our absolute favorites.
Before you read
First, let’s take a look at how good or bad the air quality is in your area.
We must remind you that for almost everyone, you should check the best air purifier 2023, which are the most comprehensive list of the top-tier air purifiers that you can buy right now, for anything regarding indoor air quality. It also includes the air purifier ranking list, made exclusively by us, Breathe Quality.
Why do you need this list of the Best Air Purifiers For Smoke? In this list, an air purifier must have a big and high-end Activated Carbon filter. Secondly, we expect the air purifier to deliver a high Smoke-free CADR for the required spaces, because sometimes smoke is very deadly, as it can suffocate you in seconds.
We provide you with a comparison table of the best air purifiers for smoke in 2023. In this table, we compare the air filter types of each air purifier, as well as other important criteria such as room coverage and filter replacement (HEPA filters commonly should be replaced after 12 months of constant use).
Remember that you should check the reviews of each air purifier. We will offer all of our knowledge regarding the advantages and disadvantages of each air purifier. To have a better understanding of why we chose this list of the best air purifiers for smoke in 2023, you should read our buying guide.
TOP 10 BEST AIR PURIFIERS FOR SMOKE IN 2023
1) Blueair HealthProtect 7770i – The Best Air Purifier for Smoke in 2023
As our top pick for the best air purifier, the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i is the best air purifier for smoke naturally. Blueair is a top-of-mind Swedish air purifier brand with store locations in 60 countries, and its flagship is certainly the best air purification technology that the company can offer.
The Blueair HealthProtect 7770i delivers the unique 2-stage air cleaning system as below.
- Pre-filter – For best performance, you’re required to clean the pre-filter regularly. It can trap large objects of pollutants, to prolong the life time of the Smart Filter.
- Smart Filter – The most advanced filter technology of Blueair, it can remove airborne pollutants and allergens such as pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, fine smoke particles and more. It is covered by activated coconut shell carbon, to adsorb chemicals, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), and annoying household odors from cooking, smoke, and pets.
The Blueair HealthProtect 7770i features the specialized air filtration system developed exclusively for the Blueair HealthProtect family, in which HEPASilent Ultra technology captures 99.97 percent of airborne particles as small as 0.1 microns. The coconut shell Activated Carbon filter is a sizable piece of filter. So, by having a Blueair HealthProtect 7770i in your house, you will never again have to put up with smoke and odors.
This air purifier has an advanced air sensor that monitors everything from PM10 to PM1 particles such as smoke, viruses, and bacteria. At the moment, this is a must-have function for every high-end air purifier. It can help detect smoke right away, and maximize its fan power immediately to pull in wildfire smoke.
Additionally, the reason this Blueair HealthProtect 7770i is the best air purifier for smoke is because of its powerful fan. With the CADR rating of 400 Dust/ 435 Smoke/ 435 Pollen (cfm), and 5X ACH, the smoke will disappear in seconds. This air purifier can clean a room up to 674 square feet, verified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM).
In our air purifier ranking list, the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i ranks S-, the best ranking we could give. If your budget can’t stretch for this air purifier, you should check out for the Blueair HealthProtect 7470i, which ranks A.
Here are the pros/cons of the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i:
- Fantastic, powerful performance
- Accurate and fast air sensor
- Very quiet
- 5-year warranty
Review: Blueair HealthProtect 7770i Review.
Related post: Best air purifier 2023.
2) Levoit Core 300 – The Only Personal Air Purifier You Need for Smoke and Odors ($100)
The Levoit Core 300 has a lot to recommend it, and it shows Levoit really getting into its stride. It’s one of the best air purifiers the company has ever made, and this is the only personal air purifier you will need for any smoke and odor problems.
This Levoit Core 300 delivers the same 3-stage air filtration system as other Levoit devices. The system can be classic, but it is certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for being safe to use.
- Pre-filter – This nylon pre-filter is able to capture large particles such as dust, lint, fibers, hair, and pet fur. You need to vacuum this filter regularly because it is only effective for a short time.
- True HEPA filter – Levoit Core 300S uses a True HEPA Filter to reduce 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, and bacteria particles. It is attached with a customized Smoke Remover layer, to help remove smoke, smog and VOCs more effectively.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This Activated Carbon filter tackles smoke and odors from the kitchen, your pets, or even the outdoors.
With the other best air purifiers for smoke starting at significantly higher prices, you can notice the pricing difference between the Levoit Core 300 and the competition. However, for a cheap personal air purifier, the Levoit Core 300 is equipped with everything necessary to eliminate smoke and smells. A H13 True HEPA filter in conjunction with granular Activated Carbon of the highest quality is designed to remove automobile exhaust, toxic gas from air pollution, cigarette smoke, and wildfire smoke. The Levoit Core 300 is also the only air purifier with a customized Smoke Remover air filter, so it can trap deal with wildfire smoke easily.
Moreover, against any budget air purifier under $100, this is the best air purifier you can get. Levoit Core 300 can cover a room of 215 square feet, with a high CADR rating of 140 Dust/ 145 Smoke/ 141 Pollen (cfm). The air purifier can clean your room five times an hour within the recommended room size.
The Levoit Core 300 doesn’t have smart features, which is something you shouldn’t expect in this price range. In our air purifier ranking list, the Levoit Core 300S ranks B-, with an A in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the Levoit Core 300:
- Unique air filter customization for smoke
- Very quiet operation
- Sleek and compact design
- 2-year warranty
- Only for small rooms
- No smart features
Review: Levoit Core 300 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for bedroom.
3) GermGuardian AP5800W – Great Budget Air Purifier for Smoke and Odor ($150)
For a bit more money than the Levoit Core 300, the newest GermGuardian AP5800W of Guardian Technologies can tackle smoke in larger rooms. As a company primarily aimed at the low-end market, Guardian Technologies knows how to deliver a good product at a very low price.
For your money, you will get a simple 2-stage air cleaning system from the GermGuardian AP5800W as below.
- Pre-filter – Using the Activated Carbon filter, this layer of air filter can remove most of the large particles of pollutants and reduce odors created from smoke, cooking, and pets.
- True HEPA filter – The True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% of allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles down to 0.3 microns in size.
Under the hood, the GemGuardian AP5800W has some impressive specifications. The most significant feature is its H13 True HEPA filter, which assures superior performance against all types of contaminants. As the best budget air purifier for cigarette and cigar odor in $150, the GermGuardian AP5800W successfully removes smoke through the use of a high-quality Activated Carbon filter. Yes, you will immediately notice that the smoke has dissipated.
While the GermGuardian AP5800W is a low-range device, it includes an extremely precise odor sensor that detects the air quality and adjusts the fan speed to meet the surroundings. Indeed, many inexpensive air purifiers just have a dust sensor, making the odor sensor on the GermGuardian AP5800W more important. It supports in the detection of smoke and odors much more easily and precisely.
The room coverage of this GermGuardian AP5800W is easily the best you can find in this price range, at up to 300 square feet. The CADR rating is only 199 Dust/ 192 Smoke/ 221 pollen (cfm), but this air purifier does it at very low power consumption of 29 watts. Yes, high efficiency in air cleaning is one criterion for our performance ranking.
In our air purifier ranking list, the GermGuardian AP5800W ranks only B+, with an S in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the GermGuardian AP5800W:
- Fantastic performance ranking
- Very energy efficiency
- Smart Sensor
- Very quiet
- 3-year warranty
- Filter replacement cost is a bit high
Review: GermGuardian AP5800W Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for pets.
4) Airmega 230 – The Best Air Purifier for Smoke ($200)
Coway is a South Korean brand, but this brand is the No.1 brand of air purifier in its native country. As with the Airmega 230, this brand will continue to show up in the list of the best air purifier for smoke in 2023.
The reason why the Airmega 230 is the best air purifier for smoke is its powerful 2-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – A powerful washable pre-filter is available to help you capture large objects of contaminants.
- Max2 filter – A combination of both Activated Carbon Filter and True HEPA filter, this filter can both capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. It also reduces more than 99 percent of Volatile Organic Compounds and fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO.
As you can see, the Airmega 230 has high efficiency against smoke and odors because it has a new formula for its Activated Carbon filter. Usually a bigger size air filter means better performance rating in large spaces, typically larger than 300 square feet.
Yes, we said large spaces, and the Airmega 230 can cover an area of up to 488 square feet, with a reliable CADR rating of 292 Dust/ 260 Smoke/ 343 Pollen (cfm). The Airmega 230 has a lower overall ranking than the Winix AM90, but it has higher Smoke-free CADR rating, so it can clean your home much faster.
For a high-end device, especially one made by the South Korea company, the Airmega 230 has a Smart Sensor to help detect smoke quickly, and it will maximize the fan speed to save your home.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Airmega 230 ranks A-, with an A+ in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the Airmega 230:
- Great fan power
- Very good performance ranking
- Stunning design
- Smart Sensor
- 3-year warranty
- Still only has dust sensor
Review: Airmega 230 Review.
Related post: Best large room air purifiers.
5) Airthereal AGH550 – The Best Air Purifier for Smoke ($250)
Adding $50 more, and you can have a very high fan power of the Airthereal AGH550, the flagship of Airthereal, which was nominated as the best air purifier in Breathe Quality years ago. Its performance ranking is very good at dealing with smoke or odors.
Being the top product of this lineup, the Airthereal AGH550 makes use of the classic 3-stage air filtration system:
- Pre-filter – An aluminum mesh preliminary filter covers the True HEPA filter, to prolong the life time of the core filter, by trapping the large pollutants such as fur, hair and large dust. It is 100% recyclable.
- True HEPA filter – With the True HEPA filter, this air purifier can capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
- Activated Carbon filter – The real power of Airthereal air purifiers is inside the carbon filter, as a combination of Nano mineral, Cold catalyst, Photo catalyst and Molecular Sieve carbon. It will adsorb the odors, chemicals and smoke from the indoor air.
Not only the Airthereal AGH550 has impressive raw power, but the air purifier is made specifically for dealing with smoke, gases and odors with its exclusive Activated Carbon filter. It combines nano mineral, cold catalyst, photo catalyst and molecular sieve carbon for better trapping the particles inside the smoke.
The air purifier is rated by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), with a CADR rating of 290 Dust/ 295 Smoke/ 303 Pollen (cfm). It is capable of covering any room size at 450 square feet.
Airthereal AGH550 features a laser sensor for more accurate reading, making it ideal for detecting smoke. If you’re concerned about cigarette smoke or wildfire smoke, the air purifier will react promptly.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Airthereal AGH550 ranks B+, with an S- in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the Airthereal AGH550:
- Great performance
- Accurate Smart Sensor
- Customized Activated Carbon filter
- 2-year warranty
- Short filter’s life
Review: Airthereal AGH550 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for mold.
6) Levoit Core 600S – The Best Way to Avoid the Smoke and Odors ($300)
Levoit has built another great air purifier for smoke. This time you will get a mid-range level of air purification and a lot of high-end features for an affordable price. This is the Levoit Core 600S, which is the best air purifier for smoke you can get from this brand.
Without looking at the price, you’d weigh up the Levoit Core 600S and say it’s one of the best air purifiers of the year – it’s a massive machine with outstanding performance, the specs are all pleasingly powerful, and the silent operation remains the Levoit air purifier’s selling feature. When you factor in the inexpensive price tag (even cheaper than the former Levoit air purifier), the air purifier becomes a very attractive proposition.
Yes, just like the Levoit Core 300S, the flagship of this company has a 3-stage air cleaning system, with both True HEPA filter and an advanced Activated Carbon filter. The filter contains a huge amount of high-grade granular carbon, to ensure the adsorption for any smoke, odors from pets, cooking, and wildfire smoke.
The Levoit Core 600S can clean a 600-square-foot room in just 18 minutes and with a large CADR rating of 373 Dust/ 377 Smoke/ 437 Pollen (cfm). If you’re searching for a big room air purifier, the Levoit Core 600S is a good choice.
The best part? The Levoit Core 600S has a cutting edge laser sensor behind the common dust sensor, to detect any smoke particulates and report back to the air purifier within 30 seconds. This air purifier will react to even the smallest changes in the quality of the indoor air.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Levoit Core 600S ranks A+.
Here are the pros/cons of the Levoit Core 600S:
- Solid performance
- High fan power for lower price
- More accurate Smart Sensor
- Powerful yet elegant design, with enough mobility
- Too big
Review: Levoit Core 600S Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for allergies.
7) Blue Pure 121 – The Best Air Purifier for Smoke ($350)
If you’re looking for more raw performance, the Blue Pure 121 is your best bet. As the top-of-the-line Blue product of Blueair, the air purifier is packing serious fan power to deal with wildfire and cigar smoke alike.
The Blue Pure 121 run a very simple but efficient 3-stage air filtration system.
- Pre-filter – The fabric pre-filter of Blue Pure 121 is outside the air purifier and can catch the large particles. This pre-filter is washable or vacuumable.
- Particle filter – Instead of using a True HEPA filter, Blue Pure 121 uses a polypropylene fiber filter to capture 99.97% of all allergens down to 0.3 microns in size like dust, dust mites, pet dander, pollen and fungi (HEPA technology).
- Activated Carbon Filter – The Activated Carbon filter is added inside the Particle filter and effective against smoke, odors, gases and VOCs.
The Blue Pure 121 has huge fan power, to the point it can easily match the fan power of air purifiers that costs much higher. The Blue Pure 121’s Activated Carbon filter contains high-quality carbon that can deal with common odors, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) as well as wildfire smoke.
Its high fan power is enough to clean a room full of smoke in minutes, as the CADR rating of the Blue Pure 121 is 400 Dust/ 400 Smoke/ 400 Pollen (cfm). It is verified by the AHAM to cover 620 square feet, which is as impressive as a HealthProtect 7770i at double the price.
However, the Blue Pure 121 lacks Smart Sensor. It only has one button to manage the setting, though, so you can turn it on quickly whenever you need it.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Blue Pure 121 only ranks C+, but its performance ranking is S.
Here are the pros/cons of the Blue Pure 121:
- Unmatched performance
- Excellent fan power
- Neat design
- Lacks of smart features
- Only 2-year warranty
Review: Blue Pure 121 Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for dust.
8) Rabbit Air MinusA2 – The Best Air Purifier for Smoke ($500)
The mid-range air purifier for smoke is packing with a lot of great air purifiers, but with a good performance and tailored air filter for smoke, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the best one you could get for around $500. It isn’t the flagship of Rabbit Air, mind you, the Rabbit Air A3 is.
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is one-of-a-kind in its price range, with a 6-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – The polluted air must pass through a pre-filter, where it will capture all large particles, along with dust mites and some of pet hair.
- Medium Filter – Traps large pollen, pet dander, mold and dust particles that are too small to bypass the Pre-filter.
- Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter – It is a True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% of all allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles down to 0.3 microns. Rabbit Air advances their air filter process, therefore prolonging the optimal filter efficiency and filter life of their HEPA filter.
- Customized Filter – You can get either the Odor Remover or Toxin Absorber for your specific need.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Eliminates odors, smokes and chemical vapors.
- Ion Generator – The last line of defense is an ionizer to capture even the tiniest particles of pollutant and trap them into other filters. Can be switched on/off.
By combining 6 different stages of air cleaning, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 can deal with airborne contaminants easily. However, the reason we choose the Rabbit Air MinusA2 as the best air purifier for smoke and odors is because of its Activated Carbon filter. Made of high-grade granular activated carbon, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 can trap odors and smoke quickly. You can also choose from either the Odor Remover or Toxin Absorber customized filter, to improve the shield against smoke and odors.
As a smart air purifier, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 features both Smart Sensor and Wi-Fi capability feature. Especially with the air sensor, it can help you detect the smoke even before you know, and the Auto Mode will deal with smoke and odors automatically.
Sadly, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 doesn’t have great fan power for the price, with a CADR rating of only 200 Dust/ 193 Smoke/ 208 Pollen (cfm). In our air purifier ranking list, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 ranks A, with only A- in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the Rabbit Air MinusA2:
- Good performance with special air filtration process
- Very quiet
- Low power consumption
- Smart features
- Good design to improve fan power
- 5-year warranty
- Low CADR for room coverage
Review: Rabbit Air MinusA2 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for baby.
9) Austin Air HealthMate Plus (HM450) – The Best Medical Grade Air Filtration for Smoker
Proud to be chosen by the U.S government, all products made by this well-known Austin Air brand are tested carefully before launching to the market. As one of the few medical-grade air purifiers in the world, let’s see how Austin Air HealthMate Plus dares to claim the title of “The only Clinically Proven, Medical Grade Air Purifier”.
The Austin Air HealthMate Plus has the most formidable 4-stage air filtration system like this.
- Pre-filter – To remove any large objects of pollutant particles like pet hair, human hair or large dust. This pre-filter is washable and permanent.
- Medium Particle Pre-filter – Adds a layer of filtration to double the removal of molds, spores and pollen from the air.
- Activated Carbon filter – A powerful Activated Carbon, Potassium Iodide Impregnated Carbon and Zeolite to help remove VOCs, formaldehyde, benzenes, chemicals, gases and odors.
- True HEPA filter – With double the pre-filter, the True HEPA filter will only need to capture the tiniest particles. This medical-grade True HEPA filter can capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
With a 60-square-foot True HEPA filter and a double pre-filter, the Austin Air HealthMate Plus is difficult to beat. It is capable of purifying the air down to 0.1 microns in size. By sheer power, we believe that the Austin Air HealthMate Plus is one of the best air purifiers on the market.
Most importantly, the Austin Air Healthmate Plus’s advantages are contained within its Activated Carbon filter. This air purifier’s 15 pound granular carbon filter efficiently adsorbs smoke compounds and smells. In 2016, this Austin Air HealthMate Plus was widely used to protect thousands of California residents from the effects of a natural gas leak. As you can see, this air purifier’s effectiveness against smoke is undeniable.
Additionally, this air purifier is excellent because of the 360° air intake, which aids in increasing the efficiency of purifying dirty air. Finally, the Austin Air HealthMate Plus provides 1500 square feet of room coverage with a CADR rating of 400 cfm. With such fan power, you may be certain that you will no longer be surrounded by smoke and odors.
Thus, even when the Austin Air HealthMate Plus is ranked C+ only in our air purifier ranking list, it earns a position in dealing with wildfire smoke.
Here are the pros/cons of the Austin Air HealthMate Plus:
- Extra-large room coverage
- Impressive fan power
- Top-notch performance rating and Air filtration process
- 360° Air intake, with mobility
- 5-year warranty
- Lacks of Smart features
- Too noisy
Review: Austin Air HealthMate Plus Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for office.
10) IQAir GC MultiGas – The Best Air Purifier for Smoke (>$800)
Our last device for this list of the best air purifiers for smoke in 2023 is from IQAir – a well-known Swiss brand. To guarantee the quality, IQAir became the educational partner with American Lung Association. And its IQAir GC MultiGas is what it proudly called the #1 Air Purifier for Smoke. At the top of the company’s air purifier lineup, the IQAir GC MultiGas is for those who are desperate and in need of an absolute solution for smoke, odor and smell.
The IQAir GC MultiGas’s top-notch performance comes from a superior 4-stage air filtration as below:
- HyperHEPA filter – The first stage of filtration features a powerful True HEPA pre-filter, which can capture 99.95% of particles down to 0.3 microns, and 95% of particles as small as 0.003 microns. In short, this is a medical-grade filter that can stop even the tiniest viruses.
- Cartridge-based activated carbon filter – Made with 12 lbs of the highest quality ABS plastic, this filter can remove VOCs and odors effectively.
- Cartridge-based chemisorption – This stage destroys harmful chemicals, such as formaldehyde and other toxic smokes.
- Post-filter sleeve – A post-filter sleeve wraps each gas cartridge to prevent media dust from being released.
The Swiss-made high-end air purifier IQAir GC MultiGas is built with outstanding quality and superior design with the 3D Ultra Seal, to make sure the filter media is 100% sealed in the filter frame and prevents any internal leakage. Plus, the internal power of this air purifier is flawless, too. There’s a double stage of cartridge-based Activated Carbon filter with 12 lbs of the highest quality ABS plastic, the IQAir GC MultiGas will adsorb any types of smoke, including wildfire smoke, household odors, formaldehyde and even Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Don’t forget to note the HyperHEPA filter, a powerful certified True HEPA filter that can capture even ultra-fine particles, as small as 0.003 microns. With such power, the IQAir GC MultiGas can purify all the toxic tobacco smoke, soot and viruses from your indoor air.
For its capability, the IQAir GC MultiGas can cover up to 1125 square feet, so you can use it in both your home or the office. Remember that you should open your doors for an air purifier to take effect (air purifiers can’t work through walls). The New Edition fan power of the IQAir GC MultiGas is one of the strongest ones at the moment, with an astonishing high CADR of 300 to 776 cfm and 5X ACH. This air purifier will clean your room in a matter of minutes, all thanks to the powerful fan.
Sadly, the IQAir GC MultiGas doesn’t have a Smart Sensor. You need to buy an air sensor from IQAir separately, but it can’t trigger the Auto Mode for this air purifier. However, if anyone could afford much money, the IQAir GC MultiGas is simply the best air purifier for smoke, wildfire smoke and heavy odors.
In our air purifier ranking list, the IQAir GC MultiGas only ranks B-. However, we believe its extraordinary performance against smoke is far better than other devices at the same price, thanks to its big Activated Carbon filter.
Here are the pros/cons of the IQAir GC MultiGas:
- Perfect performance rating
- Well-built with highest quality materials
- Remarkable Technology and Fan Power
- Extra-large room coverage
- Impressive quiet
- Low power consumption
- 5-year warranty
- No Smart Sensor
Review: IQAir GC MultiGas Review.
Why do you need an air purifier for cigarette smoke?
Tobacco smoke contains volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are harmful to both adults and children’s health. Smoking can result in heart attacks, brain damage, asthma attacks, and even lung cancer. For smokers, the pungent odor of cigars and tobacco may result in poor breath and stain teeth.
An air purifier can capture and adsorb the particles inside tobacco smoke, thanks to its HEPA and Activated Carbon filters.
What does HEPA filter do with tobacco smoke?
HEPA filter is an ultra-fine, glass-fiber filter. Through the mechanisms of diffusion, interception and inertial impaction, the HEPA filter can capture microscopic particles easily.
HEPA air filters function as physical barriers that operate on a go/no go basis. The pollutant particles that are larger will be trapped and particles that are smaller than the filtration can pass right through. However this is just the interception process of the HEPA filter. To ensure that these contaminant particles like cigarette or cigar smoke stay in the filter, the mechanism of diffusion will be used.
What does Activated Carbon filter do with smoke and odor?
Activated Carbon filter is made up of a special form of activated carbon consisting of millions of tiny adsorbent pores. These tiny pores increase the surface area of the medium and allow gaseous cigarette smoke to be collected through a process of adsorption.
The Activated Carbon filter can adsorb and neutralize volatile chemicals on a molecular basis such as cigarette and cigar odors. Once trapped, these contaminant particles will be changed from gaseous phase into solid phase. Then it will be collected by other filters, most commonly the HEPA filter.
We are always aware of the dangers of secondhand smoking. Numerous studies and surveys indicate that at least 2.5 million non-smokers have died as a result of cigarette smoke-related health issues. If you are a smoker, prolonged exposure to cigarette smoke is bad for your family members, particularly your children.
That’s why you need an air purifier for smoke. According to some studies, the HEPA filter inside air purifier is able to capture most of the contaminant particles. The certified True HEPA filter can even trap 99.97% of pollutant particles down to 0.3 microns.
There are many acronyms for HEPA, for example HEPA-like or HEPA-type. However, if you want ultimate protection, you need one with the label “True HEPA filter”. This label is only for the air purifier which has been certified and tested to capture 99.97% of 0.3 microns particles. The size of 0.3 microns is chosen because it is the tiniest particle size to get into your lungs.
1, Do air purifiers help with smoke?
2, Do air purifiers remove odor?
The list of the best large room air purifier is updated to version 2.0, you can see the changelog here.
We hope that you now understand the process of an air purifier for smoke. Also, you have in your hands the top 10 best air purifier for cigarette and cigar smoke. It is up to you to invest in one of our lists now. Thank you.