According to American Psychological Association (APA), 60% of adults report having sleep problems a few nights per week.
A popular cause of these sleep problems is because of the air around you. Yes, your air is not as clean as you think. And indoor air quality can be up to 5 times more polluted than outside air. 5 times!
Then the solution must be finding the best air purifiers for bedroom in 2020.
Let’s not waste countless hours of searching through any others of websites just to find the top rated air purifiers that fit your specific needs. Because in Breathe Quality:
- We do give honest reviews (both pros and cons) and a base comparison for all the air purifiers so anyone will guarantee to have the wisest choices.
- We do not (and we never) exaggerate one product just to let you click the links and buy that product blindly.
- Air purifiers are for everyone. Believing that, we will give you the best air purifiers from low-range to high-range. To know the exact price of your air purifier, make sure to hit the Check price button.
On this page, you’ll find everything you need to quickly make the right decision on which air purifier for bedroom to get. Keep in mind that we will update this list daily so you can come back and check again for the latest top rate air purifiers for bedroom. We never let our readers find an out-of-date air purifier in our lists.
UPDATED: We have updated our list of best air purifiers for bedroom on 01/01/2020. In Breathe Quality, we keep updating our posts whenever possible, and this update is the result of a 6-month consecutive experiment in our labs, so we can make sure that you will get the right air purifier for your bedroom. There are many new representatives for the list of best air purifiers for bedroom in 2020, such as Levoit Vista 200 and Dyson Pure Cool Me.
Our next update will be set for 3-6 months later, depending on the release of new products from the well-known air purifier brands. However, you don’t need to wait, because the air purifier market will never change so quickly.
For the best air purifier for bedroom, what truly do you need?
- The silence of this air purifier. Sleeping needs silence.
- The size of this air purifier. An air purifier for bedroom should be light-weight, comes with compact or portable size.
- Additional features to help you sleep easier in your own bedroom, such as Night light or pink noise.
It is not an easy job to find the best air purifiers for bedroom, they must be small and quiet air purifiers. However, air purifiers come with many sizes and models which dazzles you totally. Knowing your problem, we researched and tested hundreds of air purifiers to select the best choice for you.
Important Note: If you need a more powerful air purifier (typically the big-size), or your bedroom is bigger than average, we suggest you choose one in the list of best air purifiers right now (it is updated in 2020, just so you know).
Still not sure? Check out our guides to the following:
BASE COMPARISON TABLE OF BEST AIR PURIFIERS FOR BEDROOM IN 2020
This Comparison Table of best air purifiers for bedroom in 2020 will help you have a quick overview of our list. The factor for comparison in this table is the filter types of this air purifier. And because they are all small and quiet air purifiers, we will show you how small and light they can be.
If you are finding the best air purifiers for small room, or finding the small and quiet air purifiers, also look at this table.
Remember that you should check the reviews of this comparison table. Just check the factors won’t help you know why we put these 10 as the best air purifiers for bedroom.
TOP 10 BEST AIR PURIFIERS FOR BEDROOM (SMALL AND QUIET AIR PURIFIERS) 2020 LIST
1) Coway AP-1512HH – OUR 2020 WINNER FOR BEDROOMPreviously in our list: Coway AP-1512HH.
Coway AP-1512HH is one of the most-anticipated air purifiers for many years, and for good reason. This air purifier has won Breathe Quality as well as many other trustworthy reviewers as one of the Best Air Purifiers of 2018 Award, and truly this Coway air purifier is in the running this year.
You want to know the reason why Coway AP-1512HH is your best pick?
- The silence: Impressive quiet
- The size (H x W x D): 16.8 x 18.3 x 9.6 inches
- Item weight: 12.3 lbs
- Additional Features: Auto Mode, Eco Mode
The reason we select Coway AP-1512HH is the best air purifier for bedroom is merely because of its perfect performance. This air purifier is introducing a powerful 4-stage air filtration system for a low-range device of $200:
- Pre-filter – The air must first pass through a pre-filter. This washable pre-filter is highly-efficient at capturing the large particles of contaminants, from pet hair, human hair and mold.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This filter works its best to deodorize and trap harmful gas to keep your place fresh and odor-free.
- True HEPA filter – The high-performance composite True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
- Ionizer – Vital ionize can trap even the tiniest airborne particles and send it back to other filters. Can be switched on/off.
We had tested hundreds of air purifiers and Coway AP-1512HH is clearly one of the best air purifiers for performance and price. It is safe to say if you want a real deal within low-range segment, Coway AP-1512HH is your best pick for bedroom.
Unlike other air purifiers that run 24/7 even when the air is fresh, this device shuts down the fan whenever it detected no air pollution, which is perfect for saving energy. Moreover, this function will bring the noise level of Coway AP-1512HH as low as 4.9 decibels (db) – the lowest noise level recorded for air purifiers.
Oh yeah, and Coway AP-1522HH’s room coverage is large, up to 361 square feet bedroom.
What more could you want? Well, there is one downside to this air purifier… the size. To have a high performance rating at low cost, Coway need to make a huge fan power and a large filter. For a normal air purifier, Coway AP-1512HH is among the smallest. But in this list, this is definitely one of the biggest.
Here is the pros/cons of Coway AP-1512HH:
- Amazing performance rating
- Advanced air filtration process
- Smart Features like Smart Sensor and Eco Mode
- Very quiet for bedroom
- Low power consumption
- Large room coverage of 360 square feet
- 3-year warranty
- The top light can’t be turned off
- The biggest size on the list
Review: Coway AP-1512HH Review.
Related post: Best air purifier 2020.
2) Levoit LV-H126 – Best $50 Air Purifier for BedroomPreviously in our list: GermGuardian AC4100.
With an irresistible discount on Amazon, the Levoit LV-H126 is now under the $50 rank. The new price tag helps bring this Levoit air purifier to be the best air purifier for bedroom with about $50, a title that had previously been kept by the great GermGuardian AC4100. As one of the top air purifier brands, Levoit is famous for the bedroom air purifier – Levoit LV-H132. The latest small Levoit LV-H126 can offer the same performance (if not better) while trim down many unnecessary things to be in our list.
- The silence: Quiet at the lowest fan speed
- The size (H x W x D): 10.5 x 6.8 x 8 inches
- Item weight: 4.8 lbs
- Additional Features: 6-month Reminder for filter replacement
What you will get in an under $50 air purifier? Let’s look down to the 3-stage air purification process of Levoit LV-H126:
- Pre-filter – Using the same quality fine preliminary filter from the LV-H132, Levoit LV-H126 also attaches the Activated Carbon Filter into this pre-filter, allowing it to capture both large objects of pollutants and neutralize various household odors such as cooking smells, pet odors and cigarette smoke.
- True HEPA filter – A True HEPA Filter can reduce 99.9% of as small as 0.3 microns in size, such as dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, and bacteria particles.
It is hard to find one air purifier with a certified True HEPA filter with a budget of only $50. Apparently, the GermGuardian AC4100 doesn’t have one, and that’s the main reason why we are curious about the Levoit LV-H126. Through lots of tests in just 3 months, the Levoit LV-H126 has led a miles ahead in terms of performance when compared with other HEPA-type devices.
The noise level is another reason to buy the new Levoit LV-H126 instead of GermGuardian AC4100. Its noise level at the lowest setting is only 30 decibels (db), which is exactly the noise level of a whisper. In real-world use, you won’t notice any sound at all.
As one small and quiet air purifier, Levoit LV-H126 is only 4.8 lbs, which even a 4-year-old kid can pick it up without any trouble.
Here is the pros/cons of Levoit LV-H126:
- Overall great performance for the price
- Low-range cost
- Very light-weight
- 2-year warranty
- No additional features for sleeping
- Higher filter replacement cost than others
Review: Levoit LV-H126 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for baby.
3) Levoit Vista 200 – Amazon 2020 Best Seller Air Purifier for BedroomPreviously in our list: Levoit LV-H132.
Levoit is a top air purifier’s brand, famous for their best seller Levoit LV-H132. But now in 2020, we have a new model to serve the same purpose, but with a sleeker and smaller appearance – the Levoit Vista 200. This air purifier is quickly a new Amazon’s Choice in only 6 months, with more than 200 positive reviews on Amazon at the time of writing, which is truly impressive.
- The silence: Quiet Operation
- The size (H x W x D): 13 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches, the best small air purifier
- Item weight: 3.3 lbs
- Additional Features: Nightlight function
- Pre-filter – This nylon pre-filter is able to capture large particles such as dust, lint, fibers, hair, and pet fur. You need to clean by vacuum this filter regularly because it is only effective for a short time.
- True HEPA filter – A True HEPA Filter can reduce 99.97% down to 0.3 microns dust mites allergens, virus particles, pollen, bacteria particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – It is okay at eliminating odors and smoke in your home.
Expert tips: Why you need a True HEPA filter air purifier than other HEPA-type ones? Let’s revise the knowledge of air filter types to answer this question.
Levoit Vista 200 is sport the greatest design which is perfect for your bedroom, both in weight and size. You can easily put this compact air purifier at your side table, and with a coverage of 170 square feet, your air zone around your bed will be fresh.
The bottom line to be one of the best air purifiers for bedroom is because of Levoit Vista 200’s Nightlight function and Quiet Mode. You will barely hear a sound even at the highest setting. The Nightlight function makes your compact air purifier a perfect nightlight. Now you can turn off the display completely for a darker room.
Here is the pros/cons of Levoit Vista 200:
- True HEPA Filter for $100
- Small size, perfect for a nightstand
- Low power consumption
- Generally quiet for bedroom
- Low fan power
- No Smart sensor
Review: Levoit Vista 200 Review.
Levoit is also the home of many impressive bedroom air purifiers, for example the previous Levoit LV-H132 is still the best seller on Amazon, and the new Levoit Core 300 as one of our best air purifiers in 2020. In the late 2020, Levoit is going to officially release the Levoit Vital 100 as a new compact console air purifier for bedroom.
4) Blue Pure 411 – A Great $100 Air Purifier in 2020Previously in our list: Blue Pure 411.
Blue Pure 411 is a bedroom-centric air purifier from a 20-year-old air purifier manufacturer called Blueair. While having big-size air purifiers for the large room, Blueair also designs the compact air purifiers, which are small, quiet and target directly at the small room and bedroom.
- The silence: HEPASilent Technology
- The size (H x W x D): 16.7 x 8 x 8 inches
- Item weight: 3.35 lbs
- Additional Features: Color customization
Blue Pure 411 owns the unique HEPASilent Technology from Blueair. Let’s look at the air filtration system of this bedroom air purifier:
- Pre-filter – A fabric pre-filter is able to capture 99% of down to 0.3 microns particles when running with electrostatic components.
- Particle filter with Carbon filter – It will remove all above pollutant particles one again, plus smoke, chemicals, cooking odors and VOCs.
As Blueair stated clearly in their manual, Blue Pure 411 doesn’t have any HEPA or True HEPA filter. But with the unique HEPASilent technology, German-engineered air purifier could remove the contaminants better like others, while with less noise and less energy.
Also the fan power of Blue Pure 411 is at least double the Levoit LV-H132, and therefore cover a double area of up to 161 square feet.
FYI: Blue Pure 411 only use 1.5 watts, meaning it uses less energy than an LED light bulb (of course at low settings).
If you happen to hate noise, like everyone else, you will be happy to know that Blue Pure 411 is one of the quietest air purifiers for your bedroom at the moment.
Here is the pros/cons of Blue Pure 411:
- Stable Performance rating
- Smart Features like Smart Sensor
- One of the best Energy-saving
- Very quiet for bedroom
- The dust filter is not good enough
- No True HEPA filter
Review: Blue Pure 411 Review.
5) AeraMax 100 – Best Performance Air Purifier for Low-rangePreviously in our list: AeraMax 100.
AeraMax is a young name from a very old-history brand with lots of inventions – Fellowes. In a very competitive bedroom-centric air purifier market, AeraMax doesn’t show off much, but it does provide one of the best performance True HEPA filter under $100 price tag. Behold the AeraMax 100, the ace of bedroom-centric air purifier from the US brand.
- The silence: Normal
- The size (H x W x D): 27.25 x 8.5 x 7.25 inches
- Item weight: 9.24 lbs
- Additional Features: Aera Mode
Despite being under $100, AeraMax 100 is in the running for air purifier of the year 2020. And we will never expect no less than a 4-stage air filtration system from this powerful air purifier:
- Pre-filter – Having combined with Activated Carbon Filter, this pre-filter is able to capture large particles of pollutants and also household odors, pet odors, cooking odors and cigarette smoke as well.
- True HEPA filter – The high quality True HEPA Filter can reduce 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns particles including pollen, ragweed and other allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander and cigarette smoke.
- AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment – Provides built-in protection from the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mildew, and fungi on the True HEPA filter. This is not a physical filter.
- PlasmaTrue Technology – Works as an ionizer to create an ionized field to help safely remove airborne pollutants.
Like we said earlier, this is the best performance air purifier you can get for your bedroom with a budget under $100. Certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, all of the air purifiers from AeraMax prove to be the perfect solution for any kinds of allergies or asthma problems. In addition, AeraMax 100 can even capture the airborne flu virus.
One plus for this air purifier to be in your bedroom is its accurate Smart Sensor to help detect air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified. Also, you will benefit from the Aera Mode, which is an unique mode of AeraMax 100 for allergy and cold/flu seasons.
Though powerful, this air purifier can only cover a room of 100 square feet with a normal CADR of 65 Dust/ 68 Smoke/ 75 Pollen (cfm). And the noise level of AeraMax 100 is a top reason we can’t put this air purifier high on the list of best air purifiers for bedroom. You will hear the crackling noise from the ionizer when turning on.
Here is the pros/cons of AeraMax 100:
- Stunning performance rating
- Progressive air filtration process
- Smart Features like Smart Sensor and Aera Mode
- 3-year warranty
- Quite noisy for a bedroom
- Small room coverage of 100 square feet
Review: AeraMax 100 Review.
6) GermGuardian AC4825 – Best True HEPA filter for the pricePreviously in our list: Honeywell HPA060.
GermGuardian AC4825 is currently the best HEPA air purifier from Amazon, all thanks to a massive drop of price in 2020. With that new price, it can easily beat the old Honeywell HPA060, using the same formula that bring success to all GermGuardian air purifiers.
- The silence: Quiet at the lowest setting
- The size (H x W x D): 21.5 x 5.5 x 9 inches
- Item weight: 7 lbs
- Additional Features: UV-C light filter
GermGuardian AC4825 features a 3-in-1 air cleaning system with these air filters as below:
- Pre-filter – Combining with the Activated Carbon Filter, this layer of air filter can remove most of the large particles of pollutants and reduce odors created from smoke, cooking, and pets.
- True HEPA filter – GermGuardian AC4825 makes use of a True HEPA Filter to capture 99.97% of microscopic allergens, dust and mold spores down to 0.3 microns in size.
- UV-C Light filter – With an UV-C light bulb, this air purifier can kill airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores.
It may not feel or run like a flagship air purifier, but it’s not pretending to be one. The GermGuardian AC4825 offers a lot of solid features, especially the combination of both True HEPA filter and UV-C light air filter, to remove even the tiniest pollutant particles.
GermGuardian has been a class-leader at the budget end of the air purifier for a few years, and the GermGuardian AC4825 ensures you get an excellent best air purifier for your bedroom.
Here is the pros/cons of GermGuardian AC4825:
- Good performance for the money with UV-C light and True HEPA filter
- Best value
- 3-year warranty
- Quite noisy at highest setting
- Lacks of Smart features
Review: GermGuardian AC4825 Review.
It is highly recommended to check other air purifiers from Guardian Technology. Most of them come with tall-size, and won’t take much space of your bedroom. These GermGuardian air purifiers below are the latest and most powerful air purifiers of this brand: GermGuardian CDAP5500BCA, and GermGuardian CDAP4500BCA. Both of them have enabled Wi-Fi connection, so you can easily control these air purifiers from anywhere with a smart app.
Also, we will feature you GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA 3-in-1 Air Purifier and GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Purifier, the Top Amazon’s Best Seller Air Purifiers in 2020. All of these air purifiers have the greatest True HEPA filter, to capture even the 0.3 microns pollutant particles.
Related post: Best air purifiers for pets.
7) Dyson Pure Cool Me – Great performance and featuresPreviously in our list: Biota Bot MM108.
This is not a direct replacement for the previous Biota Bot MM108, in fact, the Dyson Pure Cool Me is a high-end air purifier with the exclusive cooling power from Dyson, together with the obvious air purifying function.
- The silence: Quiet
- The size (H x W x D): 16 x 7.7 x 9.6 inches
- Item weight: 6.2 lbs
- Additional Features: Cooling Fan
Look at the air filtration system below, you will have another choice for a powerful bedroom-centric air purifier for personal use.
- True HEPA filter – With the glass HEPA filter, the Dyson TP04 is able to capture 99.97% of all airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including pollen, bacteria and pet dander.
As a mid-range air purifier from one of the most popular air purifier brands in the world, the Dyson Pure Cool Me is capable of dealing with any airborne problems in small bedroom, thanks to the high-quality air filter.
Moreover, you will have a new way to control your air purifier. Beside the usual remote control, you can direct the air flow precisely to where you need it, thanks to the advanced mechanism in the dome of Dyson Pure Cool Me.
Another advantage for Dyson Pure Cool Me is its weight. With only 6.2 lbs, you can easily bring it anywhere.
Here is the pros/cons of Dyson Pure Cool Me:
- Powerful technology to harness the air flow
- Versatile control
- Unique design
- Quite expensive
- No carbon filter
Review: Dyson Pure Cool Me Review.
8) Philips AC1214/41 1000 – Dazzling design and high-end featuresPreviously in our list: Philips 1000.
Philips is a beast in electronic devices industry, with more than 100 years till the foundation, well-known for both the quality and the lifetime of their devices. That’s why if Philips shows up in whatever list, it is truly not a surprise.
The representative of Philips in this 2020 list of best air purifiers for bedroom is Philips 1000 – one of the Amazon choices for air purifiers.
- The silence: Whisper quiet
- The size (H x W x D): 23.7 x 14.6 x 10 inches
- Item weight: 14.8 lbs
- Additional Features: Extra-sensitive Allergen mode, a NightSense mode, and AeraSense
If you pay up a little bit, you will get Philips 1000 with a simple 2-layer air filtration process:
- Activated Carbon Filter – The honeycomb structured active carbon is made for the purpose of effectively removing various gases including of harmful TVOC and odors.
- True HEPA filter – The NanoProtect HEPA Series 3 filter is made of high quality material. It can capture up to 99.97% of particles even as small as 0.3 microns – the size of most common airborne allergens, harmful particles, bacteria and viruses.
As a high-end air purifier for bedroom, Philips 1000’s performance rating is generally great. Philips 1000 is even capable of capturing some dangerous viruses, such as H1N1.
In addition to the great performance rating, Philips 1000i has featured 3 powerful automatic modes:
- AeraSense is the Smart Sensor to detect the slightest change in indoor air quality and auto-adjust the fan speed to conserve energy.
- The extra sensitive Allergen Mode, to improve the fan speed and ACH.
- The NightSense Mode can automatically turn down the light and the fan speed. You will have a good night with Philips 1000 for sure.
If you can afford more, you can purchase Philips 1000i and have the money feature – the Smart Enabled Features. Using Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G, you can control this air purifier anywhere with the connected app. Also, the air purifier is stable and can cover up to a 200 square feet bedroom.
Here is the pros/cons of Philips 1000:
- Stunning performance rating
- Smart Features like NightSense mode, Smart Sensor and Allergen Mode
- The higher version has Wi-Fi capability
- Generally quiet for bedroom
- 2-year warranty
- App has many bugs
- AeraSense is not so great
Review: Philips 1000 Review.
9) IQAir Atem – The best personal air purifier experiencePreviously in our list: IQAir Atem.
IQAir is a giant in air purifier’s history with 50 years in air filtration industry. Having an IQAir air purifier in your home is a certainty to fresh air. For a compact size and personal use in bedroom, IQAir released the IQAir Atem Air Purifier, which could be the most used portable air purifier (and the most powerful).
- The silence: Very quiet
- The size (H x W x D): 11.5 x 3.1 x 11.5 inches, you can even pack this air purifier when traveling
- Item weight: 8.55 lbs
- Additional Features: Smart Features, Wi-Fi capability and PureJet diffuser
With a Swiss design, IQAir Atem only has two edition colors: black and white. Atem Air Purifier doesn’t cover a wide space like other common air purifiers, instead Atem will create a breathing zone around you, and ONLY you, all thanks to the perfect Air Guidance Technology of PureJet diffuser.
IQAir’s technology brings True HEPA filter into a new level, the HyperHEPA filter. With this filtration, IQAir air purifier, like this Compact Atem could remove even the 0.3 microns pollutant particles. This is near absolute air purification.
All the smart features of Atem are controlled by a bluetooth app. You can easily do both manual and auto air control. Also, there will be no sound in any kinds of fan settings, so you could sleep quietly in bedroom. To save energy and preserve filter life, the proximity sensor signals your Atem to turn off when you walk away.
Remember that the bluetooth mode doesn’t work like a mobile phone, so any reports of how Atem emits radiation is false.
Here is the pros/cons of IQAir Atem:
- Top-notch performance
- Advanced technology and fan power
- Smart Features like Smart sensor and Wi-Fi capability
- Beautiful design
- Very quiet for bedroom
- Can be brought with when traveling
- 5-year warranty
- The plug is quite bad
- Only for personal use
Review: IQAir Atem Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for allergies.
10) Alen BreatheSmart 45i – Great Customer Service for a Lifetime productPreviously in our list: Alen BreatheSmart FIT50.
Our last one in this best air purifiers for bedroom in 2020 list is from AlenCorp company, where all of their air purifiers earned Consumer Digest’s Best Buy.
The Alen BreatheSmart 45i is $100 less than the previous BreatheSmart FIT50, while keeping all the top-notch specs. With a coverage of 800 square feet, generally this Alen BreatheSmart 45i is better for a large bedroom. Also, we consider adding it to this bedroom air purifiers list because of these things below.
- The silence: Whisper Max technology – very quiet
- The size (H x W x D): 25 x 15 x 8.5 inches
- Item weight: 15 lbs
- Additional Features: Smart Sensor, customizable color options
Alen BreatheSmart 45i comes with 4 different HEPA filters to fit your unique demands:
- The HEPA-Pure filter is the standard filter that captures most of the pet dander, mold spores and pollen.
- The HEPA-Silver filter is perfect for mold, germs and asthma related concerns.
- Next is the HEPA-FreshPlus filter to remove smoke, VOCs and heavy chemicals.
- HEPA-OdorCell filter can neutralize pet and diaper odors.
The Smart Sensor with a colored light indicator is also one feature of the high-end air purifiers. It adjusts BreatheSmart 45i’s cleaning power to achieve the best air quality while saving energy and maximizing the filter life. You can also find this in another air purifier of AlenCorp – Alen BreatheSmart.
The #1 reason this Alen BreatheSmart 45i stays in our list of best air purifiers for bedroom is the WhisperMax technology. It generates soothing white, pink, red noise that gently masks disruptive sounds for a peaceful night’s sleep. If you have trauma with your sleep disorder, you really need to consider buying this air purifier.
Here is the pros/cons of Alen BreatheSmart 45i:
- Overall good performance rating
- Smart Features like Smart Sensor, WhisperMax technology
- Customizable color options
- Very quiet for bedroom
- Lifetime Warranty
- No True HEPA Filter
- Bigger than average air purifiers for bedroom
Review: Alen BreatheSmart 45i Review.
DEFINITIONS FOR BEST AIR PURIFIERS FOR BEDROOM IN 2020
Above is a complete list of the top 10 best air purifiers for bedroom in 2020 that are the most outsell in the market. This guarantees that no matter which one you choose in this top 10, you’ll enjoy a really great long-term investment for your health and good sleep in your bedroom.
Related post: Do air purifiers improve sleep?
Our factors to make this list is grouping all the small and quiet air purifiers (which is compact, portable or desktop air purifiers) and then choose the best out of them. We hope that our list will really help you save your sleep in your lovely bedroom.
Here is our guide for best air purifiers for bedroom to help you understand the Terminology and Definitions:
Pre-filter – An essential feature of air purifiers that use a HEPA style filter. The pre-filter captures large dust and pet dander to help prolong the lifetime of the main filter. Most pre-filters are washable and reusable and last a lifetime.
True HEPA Filter – This is the highest standard air filter you can get for a best air purifier. In order to carry this label, the filter must meet strict regulations set by the United States Department of Energy (DOE) and capture at least 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. A true HEPA filter needs to be replaced after 6 months to 1 year, and you should use a suitable replacement for your air purifiers.
Activated Carbon (or Charcoal) Filter – This filter can adsorb odorous particles and gases. That’s why it can remove the smells produced by smoke, pets, cooking, chemicals, etc.
Ionic Filter (or Ionizer) – This filter emits negative ions to charge small particles like dust, pollen and bacteria and collect them into a plate.
UV-C Light – The Ultra Violet light destroy bacteria and virus by sterilizing them. The UV-C Light (UV Light type C) is harmless to humans.
HyperHEPA Filter – A technology from IQAir, which is better than True HEPA filter.
HEPA-type Filter – This filter is a lower quality version of a True HEPA filter and doesn’t meet the standards set in place by the U.S. DOE mentioned above.
We hope this list of the top rated best air purifiers for bedroom in 2020 is exactly what you’re looking for and that it not only saves you time trying to find the right device but also helps you get the most value for your money! Thank you!
Rating Breathe Quality
- Average ratings for this post