Viruses that cause airborne diseases are small enough to cling to the air. They hang on dust particles, moisture droplets, or in the breath until they are picked up. When you breathe in airborne viruses, they take up residence inside you. You can also pick up viruses when you touch an infected surface and then touch your own eyes, nose, or mouth. Because these virus diseases travel in the air, they’re hard to control. That’s why people search for a solution named “air purifier” to find out, “Do air purifiers work for viruses?”
* Important: The new nCoV coronavirus, which caused the global outbreak of COVID-19, is spread primarily via respiratory droplets—the liquid released from someone’s coughing, sneezing, and talking. You should remember that the virus doesn’t float in the air for a long time; therefore, an air purifier isn’t much helpful at dealing with the new Corona virus. To protect yourself, you should get a face mask and make sure to wash your hands whenever possible with soap or alcohol. In addition, please check the CDC website for any accurate information about COVID-19.
Related post: Best air purifiers for viruses.
Most common airborne viruses
Today, there are many diseases that are spread through the air. Before we can answer the question “Do air purifiers work for viruses?” we need to know what kind of viruses we’re dealing with.
- The common cold: Millions of cases of the common cold occur each year in the United States. Most adults get two or three colds a year. Children tend to get them more frequently. There are many viruses that can cause a cold, but it’s usually a rhinovirus.
- Influenza: The seasonal “flu” virus spreads easily from person to person. There are many strains of the flu, and it continually changes to adapt to the human immune system. If you have a weakened immune system for any reason, you can spread it to others for longer than that.
- Chickenpox: It is caused by the varicella-zoster virus. If you have chickenpox, you can spread it for about 48 hours before you get the telltale rash show. It takes up to 21 days after exposure for the disease to develop.
- Measles: This illness is caused by contact with a person who has the measles virus or by inhaling particles from their sneezes or coughs.
Do air purifiers work for viruses?
An air purifier is a great way to deal with viruses. If the house is contaminated with microscopic viruses, they will simply re-circulate throughout the house, necessitating the use of an air purifier to capture the viruses before you breathe in the contaminated air, increasing your chances of getting a cold or flu.
In order to eliminate these viruses, air purifiers can be run inside the home to capture these particles. The best air purifiers on the market that specialize in defeating the spread of viruses are those that feature a True HEPA filter to clean the air.
The spread of viral infections, colds, and flu viruses is something that concerns all home owners. The health of residents inside the home and the prevention of the spread of viruses are important issues that should be taken seriously by homeowners. The correct use of air purifiers that contain a true HEPA filter or specialty air purifiers with an ionic generator or UV light filter is helpful for the quality of indoor air. By investing in such air purifiers, a home’s indoor air can be safer and healthier for your lungs.
However, you should consider maintaining good hygiene and sanitary habits to further prevent the viruses. Some of the recommended practices include wearing a hospital mask in public and covering sneezes and coughs with tissue. Even regular hand-washing can also help lower the spread of bodily fluids that may contain disease-causing germs.
List of the best air purifiers
- 1, Best Air Purifiers (Air Purifier Ranking List)
- 2, Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma
- 3, Best Air Purifiers for Bedroom
- 4, Best Air Purifiers for Baby
- 5, Best Air Purifiers for Smoke
- 6, Best Air Purifiers for Dust
- 7, Best Air Purifiers for Mold
- 8, Best Large Room Air Purifiers
- 9, Best Air Purifiers for Pets
- 10, Best Air Purifiers for Office