If you or anyone in your home is a smoker, you may repeatedly ask this question: “How to eliminate smoke in your house?” And it is not just the cigarette smoke; you also face the problem of secondhand smoke and cooking smoke. These are the leading causes of cancer in your home. Other health problems that smoking may cause are asthma attacks, allergies, and emphysema.
Breathe Quality will introduce the air purifier – the most powerful and effective device to help you combat not only smoke and smell, but ideally any contaminant parts of your indoor air quality—in an attempt to reduce the amount of tobacco smoke in your house.
Related post: Best air purifiers for smoke.
If you have any question like “Do air purifiers help with smoke?”, just kindly read our article.
Do air purifiers help with smoke?
To deal with smoke, an air purifier eliminates both the airborne particles that can form the visible smoke and the microscopic particles in the odors. An air purifier can remove smoke ONLY when it has these two parts:
- A True HEPA filter system, which removes 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns. This includes lots of pollutant particles in visible smoke.
- An Activated Carbon Filter, which adsorbs the smoke odor. It can also eliminate VOCs and toxic gases without any problems.
Here are some things you should consider when using an air purifier for smoke:
- A pre-filter and medium-size filter will help reduce a large portion of smoke’s toxic compounds. These filters are normally washable, which helps increase the lifetime of your True HEPA filter.
- A True HEPA filter is certified to capture 99.97% of pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. If the filter doesn’t meet this requirement (being a HEPA-type or HEPA-like filter), it wouldn’t be able to protect you from some VOCs or small bacteria.
- An Activated Carbon filter is a unique filter that is made up of a special type of activated carbon (charcoal). This filter can absorb gaseous cigarette smoke thanks to its ultra-fine pores. This absorption is an adhesion of molecules that changes the gaseous state into a solid surface. Once adsorbed, the scent of smoke dissipates because it’s not released back into the air.
- The UV Light filter, no matter how useful they are for killing viruses and bacteria, are not effective against any of the harmful compounds in tobacco smoke.
- The ionizer works as well as a true HEPA filter in reducing pollutant particles by emitting a cloud of negatively charged ions into the air. These ions will attract pollutant particles to fall on nearby surfaces. However, you must check if your ionizer creates a high level of ozone or not because ozone is one of the causes of asthma attacks.
List of the best air purifiers
- 1, Best Air Purifiers (Air Purifier Ranking List)
- 2, Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma
- 3, Best Air Purifiers for Bedroom
- 4, Best Air Purifiers for Baby
- 5, Best Air Purifiers for Smoke
- 6, Best Air Purifiers for Dust
- 7, Best Air Purifiers for Mold
- 8, Best Large Room Air Purifiers
- 9, Best Air Purifiers for Pets
- 10, Best Air Purifiers for Office
Why smoking is bad?
Tobacco smoke is made up of gaseous toxic compounds, which are called by one name: volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These bad things are dangerous and cause a wide range of health problems for both adults and children. A study found that one in every two smokers died from smoking-related diseases.
Here are some very small examples of how bad smoking is for your health.
For blood circulation, the poisons from the tar in your cigarettes can increase your blood pressure and heart rate. Also, with the many toxic chemical compounds in smoke, smoking may narrow your arteries and reduce the amount of oxygen. With less oxygen, you may suffer from a heart attack.
For the brain, smoking is more likely to give you a stroke. The most dangerous health problems are brain damage and death.
For lungs, smoking is the worst killer. Starting with the coughs, wheezing, and asthma attacks, smoking can cause fatal diseases such as emphysema and lung cancer.
Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen available to your skin. This means your skin ages more quickly and looks gray and dull when you smoke.
Smoking causes bad breath and stained teeth in the mouth. Also, if you continue to smoke, it will damage your sense of taste and even cause cancer.
All of these facts above can’t make you stop smoking, At the very least, consider your children or other family members. If you can’t (we don’t judge you), you should use an air purifier to help remove the smoke and, as a result, give back clean air to your family.