We’re guessing you’ve come here to learn about the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma. You (or someone in your family) may suffer from severe allergies or asthma, correct?
Why you can trust Breathe Quality ☑: We’ve evaluated and measured 400+ air purifiers over the last few years to compile the most comprehensive air purifier ranking list available. We spent hours narrowing down the competitors to a top 10, taking into account each device’s performance, power, features, a bit of design, and, most importantly, its value for money.
Let’s not waste countless hours searching for any other websites, or looking at tons of websites that have not updated their lists for 2 years. Meanwhile in Breathe Quality:
- We provide honest reviews (both pros and cons) and a base comparison for all air purifiers, ensuring that everyone makes the best decisions.
- We do not (and we never) exaggerate one product just to let you click the links and buy that product blindly.
- Air purifiers are for everyone. Believing that, we will give you the best air purifiers from low-range to high-range. To know the exact price of your air purifier, make sure to hit the Check price button.
- The list of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma is updated regularly. We need at least 2 weeks of continuous running to guarantee the best performance of one air purifier. If one new air purifier is released, we will keep updating our list. You will never find an outdated air purifier here.
Before diving into our selection, we must ensure that you know how to define the best air purifier for allergies and asthma in 2023.
- Must include a True HEPA filter capable of eliminating even the tiniest germs, viruses, and other pollution particles, as well as an Activated Carbon filter for smoke and odor removal. To assist in preventing asthma attacks, an ionizer filter should not be provided or should be switchable on/off. Please read this article to learn about the many types of air filters and how they operate.
- If someone has asthma that is made worse by noise, the noise level must be kept low or completely silent.
- The fan speed of your air purifier, because the faster your air purifier cleans, the higher the fan speed. By looking at the ACH and CADR ratings, it’s easy to figure out how powerful the fan is.
Keep all these three rules in mind whenever you purchase an air purifier for allergies and asthma. We wish nothing but your healthy life.
Other helpful lists of the best air purifiers you should read:
Time to find out the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma in 2023!
Before you read
First, let’s take a look at how good or bad the air quality is in your area.
We must remind you that for almost everyone, you should check the best air purifier 2023, which are the most comprehensive list of the top-tier air purifiers that you can buy right now, for anything regarding indoor air quality. It also includes the air purifier ranking list, made exclusively by us, Breathe Quality.
Why do you need this list of the Best Air Purifiers For Allergies? In this list, an air purifier must have a high-end True HEPA filter, and the “performance” is more important than the “smart features” and “annual cost”.
We provide you with a comparison table of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma in 2023. In this table, we compare the air filter types of each air purifier, as well as other important criteria such as room coverage and filter replacement (HEPA filters commonly should be replaced after 12 months of constant use).
Remember that you should check the reviews of each air purifier. We will offer all of our knowledge regarding the advantages and disadvantages of each air purifier. To have a better understanding of why we chose this list of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma in 2023, you should read our buying guide.
|Image||Name||Filter Type||Room Coverage (sq ft)||Annual Filter Replacement||Check Review||Check Price|
|Blueair HealthProtect 7770i||Smart filter (HEPA Filter + Carbon Filter)||700||Blueair Smart Filter||Read More|
|Blue Pure 411 Auto||Particle filter (HEPA Filter + Carbon Filter)||190||Particle Filter||Read More|
|Levoit Core 300S||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||215||Levoit Core 300-RF Filter||Read More|
|Blue Pure 311 Auto||Particle Filter||380+||Blueair Particle Filter||Read More|
|Coway AP-1512HHS||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||360||Coway AP-1512HH Filter||Read More|
|Levoit Core 600S||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||500+||Core 600-RF Filter||Read More|
|Sharp FX-J80UW||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter, Plasmacluster||500+||Sharp FZ-J80HFU Filter||Read More|
|Winix XLC||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter, PlasmaWave||620||N/A||Read More|
|Rabbit Air A3||True HEPA Filter, Ionizer, Carbon Filter||1000||Rabbit Air Filter||Read More|
|IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||1125||IQAir Filter||Read More|
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma in 2023
1) Blueair HealthProtect 7770i – Quite simply, the best air purifier for allergies and asthma in 2023
There’s been a load of stunning best air purifiers for allergies and asthma in 2023, yet the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i (and its brother – Blueair HealthProtect 7470i) is certainly the one with the most features. It is not the most expensive air purifier on the market, but for both the performance and the value, it can beat every other device on the market without a doubt.
For performance, this Blueair HealthProtect 7770i packs an unique and signature HEPASilent air filtration system to guarantee the best protection against allergies and asthma.
- Smart Filter – The ultimate Blueair HEPASilent Ultra technology helps remove 99.97% of pollutants such as pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, viruses and bacteria down to 0.1 microns. It will destroy the viruses and bacteria instead of trapping them only.
When you look for an air purifier to solve your health problems (allergies and asthma), you must get the best air filters possible. Normally, the HEPA filter is the most efficient air filter used to capture allergens as small as 0.3 microns. However, Blueair’s HEPASilent technology can capture airborne particles as small as 0.1 microns in diameter, including viruses, germs, and bacteria, while also eliminating bigger particles such as dust, pollen, smoke, and pet hair. Electrostatic charging and rapid air movement together may eliminate 99 percent of bacteria.
Moreover, such high efficiency doesn’t require any trade-off. Electrostatic filtration enables the mechanical filtering to be less dense, resulting in an unmatched flow rate of clean air. This also ensures that the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i operates quietly and efficiently compared to other popular air purifiers.
Premium air purifiers have Smart features that make life easier. Advanced sensors monitor coarse particles (PM10) such as dust, pollen, mold spores, and ash, as well as tiny particles (PM2.5 and PM1) such as smoke, viruses, and germs. If pollution levels rise, the Blueair app will monitor the purifier’s work and provide real-time “ETA” updates until the air is pure.
Blueair air purifiers consistently achieve the highest CADR ratings possible, as recognized and verified by both the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) and Energy Star. With a CADR rating of 400 Dust/ 435 Smoke/ 435 Pollen (cfm), the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i is unquestionably the most powerful air purifier available at this price point.
Overall, the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i is by far the most complete on the market – you won’t regret your choice if you pick up this air purifier.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i ranks S-.
Here are the pros/cons of the Blueair HealthProtect 7770i:
- Top-notch performance
- Impressive HEPASilent technology
- Best Smart features
- 5-year warranty
Review: Blueair HealthProtect 7770i Review.
Related post: Best air purifier 2023.
2) Blue Pure 411 Auto – The Best Air Purifier for Allergies ($100)
With the new year comes a new contender for the best air purifier for allergies, the Blue Pure 411 Auto. A high-end HEPASilent air purifier that is rigorously tested and approved by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM). It is currently the best budget air purifier for allergies, with an S+ in performance ranking.
Blue Pure 411 Auto is the latest model of the Blue family from the well-known Blueair company. The air purifier features a more attractive appearance inspired by Scandinavia’s natural surroundings. Moreover, the HEPASilent technology has been updated to a new level, enabling it to catch particles as small as 0.1 microns at a rate of 99.97 percent.
- Pre-filter – It’s worth noting that the fabric pre-filter of the Blue Pure 411 Auto is outside the air purifier. This is one great advantage of this pre-filter, because you can easily check its status to vacuum or wipe the contaminants out immediately.
- Particle filter – Instead of using a True HEPA filter, the Blue Pure 411 Auto runs a polypropylene fiber filter to help capture 99.97% of all allergens like dust, dust mites, pet dander, pollen and fungi (HEPASilent technology).
- Activated Carbon Filter – The Activated Carbon filter is added inside the Particle filter and effective against smoke, odors, gases and VOCs.
As indicated previously, HEPASilent is the most sophisticated air filtering technology available at the moment. Its efficiency is greater than that of a standard True HEPA filter while producing less noise and consuming less energy. The best part is that Blue Pure 411 Auto is offered at the same price as the original Blue Pure 411.
Furthermore, you will have the Smart Sensor, which monitors the indoor air quality in real time. The Blue Pure 411 Auto is a simple device to operate, just press one button and you’re ready to go.
At a CADR rating of 107 Dust/123 Smoke/96 Pollen (cfm), this air purifier has a respectable amount of fan power. It is ideal for use in small and medium rooms, and the Blue Pure 411 Auto’s compact form means it will take up little space in your room.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Blue Pure 411 Auto ranks A-.
Here are the pros/cons of the Blue Pure 411 Auto:
- Impressive performance for the money
- Nice design
- High-end Smart feature
- 3-year warranty
- Still no Timer
Review: Blue Pure 411 Auto Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for mold.
3) Levoit Core 300S – The Best Air Purifier for Allergies ($150)
Stepping up from the Blue Pure 411 Auto, we will have the Levoit Core 300S with more smart features. It is also a great solution for your allergies, thanks to its customized air filter. Such great performance and high-end smart features place the Levoit Core 300S in our list of the best air purifiers.
Levoit Core 300S is the solid compact air purifier of Levoit – one of the most popular air purifier brands in the whole North America market. With a stylish modern design and an excellent air filtering system, the Levoit Core 300S will keep you allergy-free thanks to its new all-in-one air filter.
- Pre-filter – This nylon pre-filter is able to capture large particles such as dust, lint, fibers, hair, and pet fur. You need to clean by vacuum this filter regularly because it is only effective for a short time.
- True HEPA filter – Levoit Core 300S uses a True HEPA Filter to reduce 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns, together with virus particles and bacteria. Can be customized:
- Pet Allergy – For anyone with extreme allergies with pets
- Toxin Absorber – For areas with high levels of smoke, VOCs, or chemicals.
- Smoke Remover – For smoke-heavy environments.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This Activated Carbon filter tackles smoke and odors from the kitchen, your pets, or even outdoors.
With the new certified H13 True HEPA filter, the performance of this Levoit Core 300S is as good as devices that costs hundreds more. It deserves to be the market leader of the low-range segment, with an A+ in performance ranking.
Additionally, the Levoit Core 300S operates at a very low noise level, so it won’t trigger asthma for anyone who is sensitive to noise. The device can operate at a high CADR rating of 134 Dust/ 126 Smoke/ 154 Pollen (cfm), so yes, it is more powerful than the Blue Pure 411 Auto.
What you could expect when spending more for this Levoit Core 300S is its smart features. It delivers the long-awaited Smart Sensor, as well as its own Wi-Fi capability. You will enjoy fresh air with less hassle in controlling the unit.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Levoit Core 300S ranks A.
Here are the pros/cons of the Levoit Core 300S:
- Great performance rating
- Smart features
- Quiet Operation
- 2-year warranty
- Asks more than the original without adding more fan power
Review: Levoit Core 300S Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for bedroom.
4) Blue Pure 311 Auto – The Best Air Purifier for Allergies ($200)
In $200 range, the competition is much tougher. But if you want the best air purifier for allergies and asthma, by simply looking at our ranking list, the Blue Pure 311 Auto is a winner. It is recommended by both the Swedish Asthma and Allergy Association (which is under the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) and Today’s Parent as the best air purifier for allergies and asthma symptoms.
Blueair is a well-known name in the air purifier market, with products accessible in more than 60 countries. It is well-known for manufacturing only one high-performance air filter for the air filtration system. So, you will get this air filtration system in the Blue Pure 311 Auto.
- Pre-filter – The fabric pre-filter of the Blue Pure 311 Auto is easy-to-remove, so you can interchange or wash it anytime you like.
- Particle filter – Instead of using a True HEPA filter, the Blue Pure 311 Auto runs a polypropylene fiber filter to help capture 99.97% of all allergens like dust, dust mites, pet dander, pollen and fungi (HEPASilent technology).
- Activated Carbon Filter – The Activated Carbon filter is added inside the Particle filter and effective against smoke, odors, gases and VOCs.
Blue Pure 311 Auto’s Particle filter performs identically to any other True HEPA filter on the market. It combines mechanical and electrostatic filtration to ensure that allergens as small as 0.1 microns do not get through the filter. Blueair’s technology is appropriately named HEPASilent. This Blue Pure 311 Auto runs in quiet mode with a noise level that is even lower than that of rustling leaves on the ground.
However, as an air purifier with a S in performance ranking, the Blue Pure 311 Auto has great fan power. Its CADR rating is 244 Dust/ 250 Smoke/ 250 Pollen (cfm), verified by both the AHAM and Energy Star. Such performance is great for large rooms up to 400 square feet.
Blue Pure 311 Auto features a Smart Sensor, which is highly accurate. It helps you monitor the indoor air quality in seconds. In our air purifier ranking list, the Blue Pure 311 Auto ranks B+.
Here are the pros/cons of the Blue Pure 311 Auto:
- High quality, powerful and smart
- Small and minimal design
- Low power consumption
- Lacks of basic features
- Only 2-year warranty
Review: Blue Pure 311 Auto Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for smoke.
5) Coway AP-1512HHS – The Best Air Purifier for Allergies ($250)
As the direct upgrade from the most popular air purifier of the Korea’s No. 1 air purifier brand (Samsung’s home nation), the Coway AP-1512HHS can meet any condition to be one of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma in 2023. Actually, the former device was nominated to be the Best Air Purifier not only by Breathe Quality, but also by lots of well-known reviewers. That’s why it isn’t a surprise to see the upgraded Coway AP-1512HHS as the best air purifier for allergies you can buy right now.
Coway AP-1512HHS received several excellent ratings as the “Best Air Purifier” thanks to its new 3-stage air purification system. This air purifier has the same performance rating as the powerful Honeywell HPA300, and hence is extremely effective against allergens and asthma triggers.
- Pre-filter – A washable pre-filter will help you capture the large particles of contaminants, such as pet hair, human hair and mold.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This improved honeycombed carbon filter deodorizes and traps harmful gas to keep your place fresh and odor-free. It reduces more than 90% of Volatile Organic Compounds and fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO.
- True HEPA filter – The high-performance composite True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
First, we’re going to examine this Coway AP-1512HHS’ outstanding performance. To begin, its True HEPA filter is identical to that of the Honeywell HPA300, which captures 99.97 percent of allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungal particles as tiny as 0.3 millimeters. The new carbon filter is thicker, so it is much more effective than the former one. It can assist in removing small particles, thereby extending the life of the True HEPA filter. Also, it can adsorb the majority of chemicals, smoke, odors, and dangerous gases.
With this level of performance, it’s understandable why the Coway AP-1512HHS has received several certificates and honors, including the British Allergy Foundation Seal of Approval.
Plus, the noise level is really low, so this air purifier is really quiet. Additionally, the Smart Sensor ensures that the Coway AP-1512HH always operates at a low level with almost no noise. You may use this air purifier continuously through the night to keep allergies and asthma at bay.
With a great CADR rating of 246 Dust/ 233 Smoke/ 240 Pollen (cfm), this Coway AP-1512HHS can cover up to 360 square feet.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Coway AP-1512HHS ranks A+.
Here are the pros/cons of the Coway AP-1512HHS:
- Amazing performance rating
- Better air filter than the former
- Smart Features like Smart Sensor and Eco Mode
- Low annual cost
- 3-year warranty
- Still one dust sensor
Review: Coway AP-1512HHS Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for baby.
6) Levoit Core 600S – The Best Air Purifier for Allergies ($300)Previously in our list: Honeywell HPA300.
Levoit Core 600S completely wins the position of the best allergen remover from the old Honeywell HPA300, with strong performance for the price, great smart features as well as an economical annual cost.
We know you don’t need a flashy air purifier, but the Levoit Core 600S is truly powerful with its air filtration system.
- Pre-filter – Using the mesh preliminary filter, Levoit Core 600S is able to capture most of the large objects like dust, hair, lint, fibers and pet fur at the first stage of its air filtration process.
- True HEPA filter – Levoit Core 600S uses a H13 True HEPA Filter to reduce 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, and bacteria particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – The custom high-efficiency Activated Carbon filter (ARC formula) is especially effective for cooking smells and pet odors in a multi-pet household. It also extends the life of the filter by chemically decomposing molecules trapped within the Activated Carbon Filter, which prevents oversaturation and second-hand pollution.
Commonly, to bring down high-end air purifier specs into the low-range segment, most of the air purifier manufacturers need to sacrifice either the fan power or the air filter’s quality. However, Levoit shows us that we can have a high-end air purifier at low cost, still packing with high fan power and H13 True HEPA filter.
With an amazing CADR rating of 373 Dust/377 Smoke/437 Pollen (cfm) and a 4X ACH, this air purifier will clean your room in minutes. This fan power is on par with even mid-range devices, like the Blueair Classic 405 or Alen BreatheSmart Classic. Levoit Core 600S can clean any room up to 600 square feet.
The best part, the Levoit Core 600S is a smart air purifier. With its patented laser sensor, the Levoit Core 600S can quickly detect changes in your indoor air quality, and react immediately.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Levoit Core 600S ranks A+.
Here are the pros/cons of the Levoit Core 600S:
- True HEPA Filter with a high performance rating
- High fan power
- Smart features
- Only 2-year warranty
Review: Levoit Core 600S Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for pets.
7) SHARP FX-J80UW – The Best Air Purifier for Allergies ($400)
Another great air purifier you can buy to deal with allergies and asthma problems is the Sharp FX-J80UW. It is a premium air purifier with an amazing air purifying performance, as well as great smart features. For a multinational company, at least we should expect some good products like this Sharp FX-J80UW.
Sharp FX-J80UW is designed to effectively remove all types of allergens and asthma triggers with the powerful 3-stage air cleaning system:
- Activated Carbon Filter – It helps reduce pet odors and smoke, as well as some common household chemicals.
- True HEPA Filter – The True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns particles like pollen, dust, pet dander, smoke, germs, bacteria, viruses, odors, mold, and fungus.
- Plasmacluster Technology – This technology is one kind of ionizer, which can further reduce the amount of pollutants. Can be switched on/off.
Sharp’s HEPA filter is considered as the most popular HEPA filter being used in any air purifier companies that can’t afford making in-house air filter. The air filter is tested rigorously to meet the standards of H13 True HEPA filter. Therefore, the Sharp FX-J80UW can eliminate 99.97 percent of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns with ease. Combining with the patented Plasmacluster technology, the efficiency of the Sharp FX-J80UW can be higher.
Moreover, the True HEPA filter in this air purifier can last up to 2 years. For an air purifier with high CADR rating of 334 Dust/ 324 Smoke/ 361 Pollen (cfm), the air filter’s life is truly impressive. Quick remind that the Sharp FX-J80UW is verified by the AHAM, so it can easily deal with rooms up to 500 square feet.
The Sharp FX-J80UW is very quiet on its lowest speed, and the Smart Sensor can help keep the noise level down. Its dual laser air sensors are highly accurate, because it can even detect smoke particles.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Sharp FX-J80UW ranks A+.
Here are the pros/cons of the Sharp FX-J80UW:
- Top-notch performance
- High-quality True HEPA filter
- Advanced air filtration process
- Smart features
- Only 1-year warranty
Review: Sharp FX-J80UW Review.
Related post: Best large room air purifiers.
8) Winix XLC – The Best Air Purifier for Allergies ($500)
Do you think the Sharp FX-J80UW is the air purifier with the highest fan power? Well, if you have larger rooms, the Winix XLC justifies even more power. In fact, the new air purifier has nearly the same fan power as our top pick, and it is verified by both the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) and Energy Star for its performance.
Winix XLC still runs the signature 4-stage air cleaning process of the company.
- Pre-filter – The polluted air must pass through a mesh pre-filter. This pre-filter will capture the large objects of contaminants, such as pet hair and even some kinds of pet dander and skin. It is washable.
- Activated Carbon Filter – The air filter can adsorb household odors from cooking, pets, and smoke and reduce VOCs.
- True HEPA filter – The True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% of allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles, as small as 0.3 microns.
- Winix PlasmaWave – This technology is somehow an ionizer, which can further reduce the amount of pollutants. Can be switched on/off.
While most air purifier brands choose to combine all air filter types into an all-in-one air filter, Winix still sticks with the tradition. The latest Winix XLC is an amazing air purifier for its raw performance, and its air filtration system can remove 99.97% of pollutant particles as small as 0.3 microns, and it can deal with even strong odors which can trigger asthma.
Without a doubt, the Winix XLC runs quietly, with a noise level of only 27 dB, which is quieter than a whisper, and you can barely hear anything coming from this device.
This air purifier has a CADR rating of 355 Dust/ 400 Smoke/ 400 Pollen (cfm) and can cover a space of 620 square feet. The power of the Winix XLC can rival even the Airmega’s flagship.
Finally, with this Winix XLC, we have a fantastic Smart Sensor. Numerous studies have established that its sensor is the most precise and quickest on the market. It will always inform you of the current state of the air quality in your vicinity and adjust the fan speed automatically to compensate.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Winix XLC ranks only B+, with an S- in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the Winix XLC:
- High-end performance
- Smart features, with dual air sensors
- Better energy consumption
- Large room coverage
- The annual filter cost is too high
- Only 2-year warranty
Review: Winix XLC Review.
9) Rabbit Air A3 – Designed for Dealing with Allergies and Asthma
The latest flagship Rabbit Air A3 replaces its own predecessor to be the best air purifier for allergies and asthma. It doesn’t have as high performance as the HealthProtect 7770i, but it costs a bit lower, and it has its own customized filter for allergies and asthma.
Remaining on our list of the best air purifiers for allergies in 2023 is the old champion – the Rabbit Air MinusA2. It won’t go off the list easily, as you can see.
For the performance, this Rabbit Air A3 packs an unique 6-stage air filtration system to guarantee the best protection against allergies and asthma.
- Pre-filter & Medium Filter – The polluted air must pass through dual pre-filters, which capture all large particles, along with dust mites and some of pet hair. The first pre-filter is washable and permanent.
- Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter – It is a True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% of all allergens, bacteria, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles down to 0.3 microns. Rabbit Air advances their air filter process, therefore prolong optimal filter efficiency and filter life of their HEPA Filter.
- Customized Filter – Double the protection with a variety of customized filters for specific needs like Germ Defense, Pet Allergy, Odor Remover, or Toxin Absorber.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Eliminates household and cooking odors, tobacco smoke and exhaust fumes and VOCs.
- Ion Generator – Rabbit Air A3 has ionizer technology to trap even the tiniest particles of pollutant back into other filters. Can be switched on/off.
When shopping for an air purifier to treat your health problems (allergies and asthma), you must consider both the quantity and quality of the air filters contained in this device. Generally, the more filters, the more steps there are for removing allergens from the air. A typical air purifier has three or four steps of air cleansing, however the Rabbit Air A3 features six stages and five mechanical layers of air filters.
In addition to the standard pre-filter, the Rabbit Air A3 has an extra medium filter (a HEPA-type filter) to remove as many airborne toxins as possible. Even if these contaminants get past the double pre-filters, they will not pass through the Rabbit Air A3’s high-quality True HEPA filter. It has a high efficiency of trapping 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.3 microns. And, thanks to dual pre-filters, it can last up to 12 to 18 months, which is longer than standard True HEPA filters.
The Rabbit Air A3 Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter is constructed with high-grade granular activated carbon, which outperforms the most common thin layer of activated carbon in cheap products. Chemicals, smoking, and ordinary household odors may all be eliminated successfully. If you have severe allergies to your pets or to cigarette smoke, you should pick either the Pet Allergy or Odor Remover Customized Filter, which will work in conjunction with the carbon filter of your Rabbit Air A3. With up to double filtration against all sorts of chemicals, smoke and odors; the Rabbit Air A3 ensures that you will no longer suffer from allergies or asthma problems.
It has higher performance than its predecessor, with a CADR rating of 262 Dust/ 257 Smoke/ 315 Pollen (cfm). The Rabbit Air A3 is a high-end air purifier with smart features, which could support you in dealing with allergies and asthma.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Rabbit Air A3 ranks A, with a better performance ranking of A+.
Here are the pros/cons of the Rabbit Air A3:
- Better performance than its predecessor
- Unique wall-mountable design
- Advanced Air Filtration process
- Smart Features
- 5-year warranty
- Low CADR for room coverage
Review: Rabbit Air A3 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for dust.
10) IQAir HealthPro Plus – Ultimate Solution for Allergies and Asthma Problems
Another medical-grade air purifier is in our list of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma. With over 50 years of experience, IQAir is really a monument to air cleaning innovation and competence. It is safe to say that with the IQAir HealthPro Plus, allergies and asthma will be a thing of the past (of course just in your house, and only for airborne allergies).
We expect no less than a top-notch 3-stage air filtration system from this IQAir HealthPro Plus. This proves to be the most dependable technology in the world for filtering out all of these contaminants and improving fresh home air quality.
- Pre-filter – The Micro-particle filtration is the preliminary elimination of the micro-particles such as pollen, pet dander, and mold spores that is drawn in through the air intake.
- V5-Cell Gas & Odor filter – Next, you will experience the powerful V5-Cell Gas & Odor filter (exclusively for IQAir air purifiers). With both high quality granular activated carbon adsorption and pelletized chemisorption, this filter will destroy any harmful VOCs and chemicals. Moreover, the average filter life is about 2 years, effectively reducing the cost of filter replacement.
- True HEPA Filter – IQAir uses an unmatched HyperHEPA filter which can capture 99.97% down to 0.3 microns particles and even 95% of particles down to 0.003 microns.
There should be no more contention over IQAir air purifiers’ world-class performance rating, particularly the flagship IQAir HealthPro Plus. This air purifier incorporates the most advanced strong HyperHEPA filter H13, which outperforms the IQAir GC MultiGas‘s powerful filter H11. It embodies what the majority of air purifier consumers desire: flawless fresh air purification.
You are well aware that this is a high-priced air purifier, but IQAir has done all it can to justify the price. Even the pre-filter is capable of capturing 55% of particles as tiny as 0.3 microns. It will contribute to the efficiency improvement of the upcoming HyperHEPA filter, which is a non-woven glass microfibre, non-offgassing True HEPA filter capable of filtering out even the tiniest ultra-fine particles. Most significantly, the average filter life of this True HEPA filter is roughly four years, making it without a doubt the world’s greatest HEPA technology to date.
You should now understand why the Swiss company claims that its IQAir HealthPro Plus is the “#1 Rated room air purifier for allergies & asthma.” Additionally, their V5-Cell is an excellent option for dealing with various chemicals, smoke, and smells.
With an impressive CADR rating of 300 cfm and up to 776 cfm, the IQAir HealthPro Plus is a beast for an area of 1125 square feet.
We’ll skip the Smart Sensor introduction because, like many other high-end air purifiers, the IQAir HealthPro Plus lacks an Auto Mode preset. Apart from that, we cannot find anything negative about the IQAir HealthPro Plus, which is an all-in-one solution for allergies and asthma.
In our air purifier ranking list, the IQAIr HealthPro Plus only ranks B-, but we must assure you that its HEPA filter is on par with the Austin Air HealthMate Plus, and they’re the ultimate solution in capturing allergens.
Here are the pros/cons of the IQAir HealthPro Plus:
- Perfect performance rating
- Well-built with highest quality materials
- Remarkable Technology and Fan Power
- Impressive quiet
- 5-year warranty
- High-range segment machine
- No Smart Sensor
Review: IQAir HealthPro Plus Review.
If you have a problem with smoke, or if the primary trigger for your asthma is anything connected to smoke or smells, you should instead use the IQAir GC MultiGas. Although this air purifier’s HyperHEPA filter is inferior to that of the IQAir HealthPro Plus, it is strong enough to outperform all other True HEPA filters. The bottom line is that its Cartridge-based Activated Carbon filter performs at an unmatched level of excellence. This filter’s ABS plastic construction is of the finest quality and is capable of removing hazardous chemicals, formaldehyde, smoke, smells, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Related post: Best air purifiers for office.
What are allergies?
An allergy is a sensitivity in your immune system. It is common and can’t be cured. Hay fever, allergic asthma, food allergies, and sensitivities to airborne allergens are the most frequent types of allergies. Sneezing, coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, dizziness, fever, watery eyes, and stomach problems are all possible symptoms of airborne allergens.
Dust, dust mites, pollen, mold, fungal spores, pet dander, pet hair, and tobacco smoke are all examples of airborne allergies. The size of these airborne particles ranges from 0.3 microns to several microns.
What is asthma?
Loss of breath, dizziness, wheezing, and coughing are just a few of the signs of an asthma attack, which may be quite harmful for individuals who suffer from the condition.
Asthma is a common respiratory disorder that affects both adults and children. It can be inherited or developed during life. When an asthmatic sufferer’s airways to the lungs become restricted and irritated, an asthma attack ensues. Asthma attacks are mostly triggered by pollutant particles such as pollen and dust, as well as chemicals such as paint fumes and tobacco smoke.
Why is air purifier necessary for allergies and asthma?
An air purifier can capture most of airborne contaminant particles as small as 0.1 microns that cause allergies and asthma, thanks to its air filter (mostly HEPA filter). Without contacting these allergens, you will be free of allergies and asthma somehow.
Terminology and Definition
For the complete air purifier buying guide in 2023, you can read here.
Pre-filter – A necessary component of air purifiers equipped with HEPA-style filters. The pre-filter collects big particles of dust and pet dander, extending the life of the main filter. The majority of pre-filters are washable and reusable and are designed to last a lifetime.
True HEPA Filter – This is the highest standard air filter you can get for a best air purifier. In order to carry this label, the filter must meet strict regulations set by the United States Department of Energy (DOE) and capture at least 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. A true HEPA filter needs to be replaced after 6 months to 1 year, and you should use a suitable replacement for your air purifiers.
Activated Carbon (or Charcoal) Filter – This filter can adsorb odorous particles and gases. That’s why it can remove the smells produced by smoke, pets, cooking, chemicals, etc.
Ionic Filter (or Ionizer) – This filter emits negative ions to charge small particles like dust, pollen and bacteria and collect them into a plate.
UV-C Light – The Ultra Violet light destroy bacteria and virus by sterilizing them. The UV-C Light (UV Light type C) is harmless to humans.
Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter – A technology from Rabbit Air, to help prolong the life of the main True HEPA filter.
ACH – Abbreviation for “Air Changes Per Hour,” this value indicates how frequently the device can swap the air in a room with clean, fresh air each hour.
CADR – Stands for “Clean Air Delivery Rate”, tells exactly how well an air purifier can clean the air within a particular size room.
Each year, over 50 million Americans suffer from various sorts of allergies, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). And it is capable of causing death! Additionally, allergies cost more than $18 billion annually.
These numbers won’t lie, you can keep reading the allergy facts from the AAFA’s website.
Because you are allergic or have asthma, you must have searched for tens of thousands of strategies to assist you manage or even cure your allergies. After that, you discover there is no cure. There is no cure. And one of the most recommended strategies for preventing allergies and asthma nowadays is to discover the finest allergy air purifiers.
Most of the causes of allergies and asthma are airborne contaminant particles, which can be reduced ultimately with a best air purifier for allergies and asthma.
Keep in mind that the more effectively you can eliminate airborne pollution particles, the better your life will be free of allergies and asthma.
Important Note: Allergies and asthma are caused by a variety of factors, not simply airborne particles. As a result, air purifiers cannot be used in place of other essential therapies.
The list of the best air purifier for allergies and asthma is updated to version 2.0, you can see the changelog here.
We hope you find our list of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma useful. Wish you a long and healthy life. Many thanks!