Well, I must admit, this isn’t the first time someone has asked us these questions. An air purifier becomes increasingly important in your home, especially when allergy symptoms worsen uncontrollably. Whatever kind of air purifier you are using, you will enjoy much fresher air. In this topic, we will help you clear up the question of “Do I need an air purifier?” and give you the instructions to review an air purifier.
We will also tell you everything you need to know to decide if an air purifier is worth your money or not. If you find it persuasive, you should read our list of the best air purifiers.
Do air purifiers really work?
To know the reason why you need an air purifier, you should first know whether these air purifiers really work or not. It is important to know if the air purifiers are worth your money, right?
First, we should know that air pollution is a crisis today. Air pollution has reached a critical level in every country, from India to China and even the United States. And according to the US Environment Protection Agency (EPA), your indoor air quality is up to five times more polluted than the outdoor air. In some cases, the pollution can be 100 times greater. I know, it is shocking. A typical American resident spends about 90% of his or her time at home and is easily exposed to these contaminants.
So, what is the solution to this pollution? Clean the ventilation system regularly, stop using the chemicals contained in household cleaners, or wash the mold away? These things are so complicated, and you can’t just do them every week. Then, it is time to have an air purifier.
An air purifier filters out all pollutant particles in your home air, ultimately improving its quality. These four common air filter types can be found in the air purifiers that are currently on the market. These air filters, though each works differently from others, can destroy or trap pollutant particles like dust, dust mites, pollen, mold, viruses, and bacteria inside the air purifier. This filtration process only returns fresh air to your home environment.
Regardless of the type of air purifier you buy, it will help cleanse the air around you. Without the harmful particles in the air, you won’t breathe polluted air anymore. The fewer bad things you inhale, the healthier you are. For a quick way to realize which air purifier you need to work in your home, search for these two:
- A True HEPA air purifier, which uses a HEPA filter. Air purifiers that are fitted with a HEPA filter are able to capture 99.97% of particles that are as small as 0.3 microns. This includes most allergens like dust, dust mites, pet dander, bacteria, and even viruses. The HEPA filter works through a combination of three mechanisms: interception, impaction, and diffusion.
- An ionizer, which emits negatively charged ions into the air that latch on to toxins and cause them to fall from the air. This ionic air filter will leave the pollutants to fall on to the floor, or an electrostatic collection plate. You need to vacuum or clean the contaminants before it is released back to the air.
Also, if you are wondering, “Are air purifiers worth it?” or “Are air purifiers a waste of money?” you have an answer. Apparently, the air purifiers are worth buying, and they are not a waste of money if you want to invest in your health.
Now, let’s roll on to next question.
Do I need an air purifier?
Yes, an air purifier is necessary for anyone who has serious allergies or symptoms of an asthma attack. An air purifier is a must-have device for any house with pets and/or smokers. In these situations, an air purifier is totally worth it.
- You or a family member have serious allergies. As we stated clearly in this article, allergies are common and threatening as well. Without a way to avoid these allergens, you will suffer badly from allergies.
- You, or a family member, have symptoms of an asthma attack. Many people ignore the dangers of asthma. Most importantly, you could even die from a serious asthma attack.
- You have some serious problems with your pets because you hate the pet hair or pet odors. It’s probably one of the most important reasons to have an air purifier because, according to the National Pet Owners Survey conducted by the American Pet Products Association (APPA), 68% of US households own a pet.
- You, or one of your family members, are smokers. Second-hand smoke is one of the top causes of lung cancer. Admit it, no one wants this.
If you need to stay away from these troubles, the best solution is buying an air purifier. This device will help you capture the most toxic particles in the air and therefore make your life healthier.
Again, I must assure you that an air purifier is worth your money for a simple reason: you can’t live without breathing for 5 minutes. A clean air environment will help you relax and be more productive. There are many air purifiers ranging from only $50 to even $2000 to suit you, and with Breathe Quality, we will give you exactly the air purifier you need for your home. So don’t think air purifiers are expensive to own and operate. Even without these problems, you still need an air purifier.
But there is one secret that you must know before buying an air purifier: DO NOT BUY the ozone generator. There are numerous authorities that advise against using ozone generators, including the Environmental Protection Agency and the Mayo Clinic. Breathing ozone can cause lung damage and worsen existing respiratory illnesses; that’s why you need to check the air purifier with an ionic feature to see if it can meet the safe standard for ozone emission or not. Before purchasing one, ask for the manufacturer’s data on ozone levels.
List of the best air purifiers
- 1, Best Air Purifiers (Air Purifier Ranking List)
- 2, Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma
- 3, Best Air Purifiers for Bedroom
- 4, Best Air Purifiers for Baby
- 5, Best Air Purifiers for Smoke
- 6, Best Air Purifiers for Dust
- 7, Best Air Purifiers for Mold
- 8, Best Large Room Air Purifiers
- 9, Best Air Purifiers for Pets
- 10, Best Air Purifiers for Office
In Breathe Quality, we give you the best air purifier you could get, from the low cost option to the medical-grade air purifiers. To help everyone improve their lives, we give the most honest reviews so you can choose a good air purifier without hesitation. Knowing that you do need an air purifier, let’s take a look at a list and grab one right now.