Well, I must admit this isn’t the first time someone ask us these questions. An air purifier more and more becomes a necessary device in your home, especially when the allergies symptom is increasing uncontrollably. Whatever the kind of air purifier you are using, you will enjoy a much fresh air. In this topic, we will help you clear the question of “Do I need an air purifier” and give you the instructions to review an air purifier.
We will also tell you everything to decide if an air purifier is worth your money or not. If you find it persuasive, you should read our list of Best Air Purifiers 2021.
Note: If you need answer for common questions of air purifiers, please read our air purifier FAQs.
Do air purifiers really work?
To know the reason why you need an air purifier, you should first know whether these air purifiers really work or not. It is important to know if the air purifiers are worth your money, right?
First, we should know that the air pollution is a crisis today. No matter where you live, from India to China, or even in the United States, the air pollution reached a red alert. And according to the US Environment Protection Agency (EPA), your indoor air quality is up to 5 times more polluted than the outdoor air. In some cases, the pollution can be 100 times greater. I know, it is shocking. A typical American resident spend about 90% of his/her time at home, and is easily exposed to these contaminants.
So, what is the solution for this pollution? Clean the air ventilation regularly, stop using the chemicals contained in household cleaners, or wash the mold away? These things are so complicated, and you can’t just do it every week. Then, it is time to have an air purifier.
An air purifier works as a filtration to all pollutant particles in your home air, eventually improve your air quality. We will find these 4 common air filter types in the air purifiers currently being sold in the market. These air filters, though each works different from others, can destroy or trap the pollutant particles like dust, dust mites, pollen, mold, viruses and bacteria inside the air purifier. This filtration process only leave fresh air back to your home environment.
Regardless of the type of air purifier you buy, they will help cleanse the air around you. Without the harmful particles from the air, you won’t breathe polluted air anymore. The less bad things you inhale, the healthier you are. For a quick help to realize which air purifier you need to work in your home, search for these two:
- A True HEPA air purifier, which uses a HEPA filter. Air purifiers that are fitted with a HEPA filter are able to capture 99.97% of particles that are as small as 0.3 microns. This includes most of allergens like dust, dust mites, pet dander, bacteria, and even viruses. The HEPA filter works through a combination of 3 mechanisms: interception, impaction and diffusion.
- An ionizer, which emits negatively charged ions into the air that latch on to toxins and cause them to fall from the air. This ionic air filter will leave the pollutants to fall on to the floor, or an electrostatic collection plate. You need to vacuum or clean the contaminants before it is released back to the air.
Also, if you are wondering “Are air purifiers worth it?” or “Are air purifier a waste of money?”, you have an answer. Apparently, the air purifiers are worth to buy, and they are not a waste of money if you want to invest for your health.
Now, let’s roll on to next question.
Do I need an air purifier?
If you want to know “Do I need an air purifier?”, then why you need an air purifier? An air purifier is really necessary, but only for those who are under these situations:
- You, or your family member, have serious allergies. As we stated clearly in this article, allergy is common and threatening as well. Without a way to avoid these allergens, you will suffer badly from allergies.
- You, or your family member, have symptoms of asthma attack. Many people ignore the danger of asthma. Most importantly, you could even die from a serious asthma attack.
- You have some serious problems with your pets, because you hate the pet hair or pet odors. It probably one of the most reasons to have an air purifier, because according to National Pet Owners Survey conducted by the American Pet Products Association (APPA), 68% of US households own a pet.
- You, or one of your family member, is a smoker. Second-hand smoke is one of the top reasons of lung cancer. Admit it, no one wants this.
If you need to stay away from these troubles, the best solution is buying an air purifier. This device will help you capture the most toxic particles in the air, and therefore make your life healthier.
Again, I must assure you that an air purifier is worth your money for a simple reason, you can’t live without breathing for 5 minutes. A clean air environment will free your mind and enhance the productivity. There are many air purifiers ranging from only $50 to even $2000 to suit you, and with Breathe Quality, we will give you exactly the air purifier you need for your home. So don’t think air purifiers are expensive to own and operate. Even without these above problems, you still need an air purifier.
But there is one secret that you must know before buying an air purifier, DO NOT BUY the ozone generator. There are numerous authorities advise against using ozone generators, including the Environmental Protection Agency and the Mayo Clinic. Breathing ozone can cause lung damage and worsen existing respiratory illness, that’s why you need to check the air purifier with ionic feature, to see if it can meets the safe standard of ozone emission or not. Before purchasing one, ask for the manufacturer’s data on ozone levels.
List of best air purifiers in 2021
- 1, Best Air Purifiers (2021 version)
- 2, Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma
- 3, Best Air Purifiers for Bedroom
- 4, Best Air Purifiers for Baby
- 5, Best Air Purifiers for Smoke
- 6, Best Air Purifiers for Dust
- 7, Best Air Purifiers for Mold
- 8, Best Large Room Air Purifiers
- 9, Best Air Purifiers for Pets
- 10, Best Air Purifiers for Office
In Breathe Quality, we give you the best air purifier you could get, from the low cost option to the medical-grade air purifiers. To help everyone improve their lives, we give the most honest reviews so you can choose a good air purifier without hesitation.