This is the only guide you need to find the best air purifiers for baby. You could be an expectant and new parent, who is setting up the nursery for your new baby with extreme care. Learning from the pediatricians, you know that an air purifier is very important to keep the air in your baby room clean and pure.
Why you can trust Breathe Quality ☑: We’ve evaluated and measured 400+ air purifiers over the last few years to compile the most comprehensive air purifier ranking list available. If you come to find out the best air purifier for baby in 2023, you can trust our expert’s review.
Let’s not waste countless hours of searching through any others of websites just to find the top rated air purifiers that fit your specific needs. Because in Breathe Quality:
- We provide honest reviews (both pros and cons) and a base comparison for all air purifiers, ensuring that everyone makes the best decisions.
- We do not (and we never) exaggerate one product just to let you click the links and buy that product blindly.
- Air purifiers are for everyone. Believing that, we will give you the best air purifiers from low-range to high-range. To know the exact price of your air purifier, make sure to hit the Check price button.
While your kid is very adorable, he/she requires a great deal of care. We understand that not everyone has the time or determination to research and compare air purifiers across a plethora of websites. We have examined several other evaluations on the Internet and have concluded that they are either obsolete (some were written two years ago) or simply duplicate others without demonstrating the true benefits for your baby. We at Breathe Quality swear never to do so.
Because babies require attention, if you are looking for an air cleaning system, you should consider the following factors for selecting the best air purifier for baby room and nursery.
- The product must be safe to use. We only offer air purifiers that have been approved by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for electrical safety and ozone emissions that are less than 0.05 parts per million (ppm) in the ozone emission limit. Why? Increased ozone levels can aggravate asthma, impair lung function, and make it more difficult to breathe deeply (according to the AAFA). Your babies need the safest air purifier possible, right?
- Should have a Smart Sensor and an Air Quality Display, allowing you to conveniently monitor the air quality in your baby’s and nursery room. Certain air purifiers will even automatically update their status on the app on your smartphone.
- Should operate quietly, so that the air purifier does not disturb your baby’s sleep at all.
- Have additional features that are nice to have in your baby room and nursery.
If you are clear with all four above rules, you are fine to purchase the best air purifier for baby and nursery. Your children are the most precious part of your life, and we wish nothing but your family’s health!
Before you read
First, let’s take a look at how good or bad the air quality is in your area.
We must remind you that for almost everyone, you should check the best air purifier 2023, which are the most comprehensive list of the top-tier air purifiers that you can buy right now, for anything regarding indoor air quality. It also includes the air purifier ranking list, made exclusively by us, Breathe Quality.
Why do you need this list of the Best Air Purifiers for Baby? Smart features are weighted better in this list, especially the high-end Smart Sensor, which is required to automatically keep the indoor air quality at safe level. All air purifiers should be quiet for better baby’s sleep.
We provide you with a comparison table of the best air purifiers for baby in 2023. In this table, we compare the air filter types of each air purifier, as well as other important criteria such as room coverage and filter replacement (HEPA filters commonly should be replaced after 12 months of constant use).
Remember that you should check the reviews of each air purifier. We will offer all of our knowledge regarding the advantages and disadvantages of each air purifier. To have a better understanding of why we chose this list of the best air purifiers for baby, you should read our buying guide.
|Image||Name||Filter Type||Room Coverage (sq ft)||Annual Filter Replacement||Check Review||Check Price|
|Rabbit Air MinusA2||Advanced BioGS HEPA, Ionizer, Carbon Filter||815||Rabbit Air Filter||Read More|
|Blue Pure 411 Auto||Particle Filter||200+||Blueair Particle Filter||Read More|
|Vornadobaby Purio||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||125||Vornado MD1-0030 Filter||Read More|
|Levoit Core 300S||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||215||Levoit Core 300-RF Filter||Read More|
|Coway AP-1512HH||True HEPA Filter, Ionizer, Carbon Filter||360||Coway AP-1512HH Filter||Read More|
|Blue Pure 311 Auto||Particle Filter||380+||Blueair Particle Filter||Read More|
|Blueair HealthProtect 7470i||HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||500+||Boneco AH300 Pollen Filter||Read More|
|Airmega 300S||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||1256||Airmega Max2 Filter||Read More|
|Alen BreatheSmart 75i||True HEPA Filter, Ionizer, Carbon Filter||1300||Alen True HEPA Filter||Read More|
|Dyson HP04||True HEPA Filter, Carbon Filter||1000||Dyson Filter||Read More|
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Baby in 2023
1) Rabbit Air MinusA2 – Our 2023 Recommendation for Baby and Nursery
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the best air purifier for baby available right now. It’s the most advanced flagship air purifier the Rabbit Air has ever released, driven by a top-notch and superior 6-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – The pre-filter is the first stage for incoming polluted air, where captures all large particles, along with dust mites and some of pet hair.
- Medium Filter – Traps large pollen, pet dander, mold and dust particles that is larger than 1 micron in size.
- Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter – Unlike traditional True HEPA Filter which could allow bacteria, mold and virus to grow over time, the Rabbit Air’s BioGS HEPA filter can prolong optimal filter efficiency and filter life of their HEPA Filter with advanced technology. It is still able to capture 99.97% of all allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles down to 0.3 microns.
- Customized Filter – Double the protection with a variety of customized filters for specific needs like Germ Defense, Pet Allergy, Odor Remover, or Toxin Absorber.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Reduces chemicals and common household odors.
- Ion Generator – The last line of defense is an ionizer to capture even the tiniest particles of pollutant and trap them into other filters. Can be switched on/off.
Concerning your baby’s safety, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), with a recorded amount of ozone emission to be just 0.002 ppm (parts per million), which is 25 times less than the ozone concentration safety standard set forth by the CARB.
But the headline act is the advanced air cleaning system exclusively for the Rabbit Air MinusA2. Normally, one air purifier would have 2 to 4 air filtration stages, while we can see 6 different layers of air filtration in this air purifier. Mix that all together and throw in a device, Rabbit Air MinusA2 can keep the indoor air quality in your nursery completely fresh and clean.
Smart features are also available in any editions of Rabbit Air MinusA2. A built-in Smart Sensor can give you the most accurate indoor air quality index in your baby room, and thanks to the Wi-Fi Enabled Connectivity function in the SPA-780N version, you can check the current status anywhere, anytime. Most importantly, the Smart Sensor enables Auto Mode, so Rabbit Air MinusA2 can adjust the fan power accordingly to assure the freshest air quality at all times.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 is ultra-silent on the lowest speed, with a noise level similar to rustling leaves. Also, you can run the device 24/7, because it is an Energy Star air purifier, with the lowest power consumption of only 6 watts.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 can cover an area as large as 815 square feet, so it fits most of the households in the US. For anyone looking to set up an air purifier for their babies, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is certainly the best, without breaking your bank.
In our air purifier ranking list, Rabbit Air MinusA2 ranks A. However, its portability makes it our number one pick for the best air purifier for baby.
Here are the pros/cons of the Rabbit Air MinusA2:
- Top-notch air filtration system
- Certified by the CARB
- Attractive design
- Great Smart features
- Quite low fan power for the room coverage
Review: Rabbit Air MinusA2 Review.
Related post: Best air purifier 2023.
2) Blue Pure 411 Auto – Best Affordable Air Purifier for Baby
Just because you don’t want to spend $500 on a new air purifier for baby doesn’t mean you can’t get something good and that’s why we’ve tested rigorously for the best budget air purifier for your baby. The most affordable air purifier you should get is the Blue Pure 411 Auto, which is meant for small baby room and nursery, thanks to its 3-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – It’s worth noting that the fabric pre-filter of the Blue Pure 411 Auto is outside the air purifier. This is one great advantage of this pre-filter, because you can easily check the status of it to vacuum or wipe the contaminants out immediately.
- Particle filter – Instead of using a True HEPA filter, Blue Pure 411 Auto runs a polypropylene fiber filter to help capture 99% of all allergens like dust, dust mites, pet dander, pollen and fungi (HEPASilent technology).
- Activated Carbon filter – The Activated Carbon filter is added inside the Particle filter and effective against smoke, odors, gases and VOCs.
Blueair makes no compromises with its budget-friendly smart air purifier. The Blue Pure 411 Auto looks and feels premium, and it is certified by the CARB to meet the ozone emission concentration limit of less than 0.05 parts per million (ppm).
The Blue Pure 411 Auto is one of a few air purifiers on budget with a Smart Sensor inside. With the air quality sensor, you can proactively check the air quality measurement in your baby room and nursery. The air purifier then automatically selects the correct air purification mode, providing you with the best quality at the lowest energy cost.
Naturally, the Blue Pure 411 Auto is very quiet, as it is a bedroom air purifier. The quietest level is roughly identical to a whisper.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Blue Pure 411 Auto ranks A-, making it the highest-ranked air purifier on budget.
Here are the pros/cons of the Blue Pure 411 Auto:
- Budget option for smart air purifiers
- Sleek design
- Certified by the CARB
- Quiet operation
- No Child lock
Review: Blue Pure 411 Auto Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for allergies.
3) Vornadobaby Purio – The Only-for-Baby Air Purifier
Not all air purifiers are marketed for use in nursery and baby’s room. Then, this is the unique selling point of the Vornadobaby Purio, because it is built for baby, and anything involving this air purifier is also around giving zero contaminants in your baby’s room.
As one of the longest-standing air purifier brands in the U.S, Vornado is great at making air purifiers with advanced air cleaning innovation and expertise. The Vornadobaby Purio has a simple, but powerful 3-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – A permanent, washable pre-filter covers the True HEPA filter, to extend the life time of the core filter, by trapping the large objects of pollutants like fur, hair and large dust.
- Activated Carbon filter – Simple carbon sheet helps keep the nursery smelling fresh by adsorbing odors.
- True HEPA filter – With the True HEPA filter, this air purifier can capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles, to guarantee the clean and healthy air for your baby.
If you are looking for an inexpensive solution for your baby room, stop reading and buy the Vornadobaby Purio right now. It is simple but powerful, with a True HEPA filter to remove 99.97% of the airborne contaminants and allergens from your baby’s room.
Just like any air purifiers in our list, the Vornadobaby Purio is safe to use, with the certification of the CARB for ozone emission safety. So to say, it won’t emit ozone that can be harmful for your children.
But the unique selling point of this Vornadobaby Purio is its build for baby. As an only-for-baby air purifier, it removes any sharp edges or pinch points, and the cord is hidden and covered in a storage. There is an useful Child lock option for the air purifier’s control panel, to make sure your children don’t change the settings.
However, the Vornadobaby Purio has an Auto Mode only for “sleepy time”, as it goes at its lowest fan speed in dark conditions. Moreover, the air purifier adds white noise element to your nursery, to help your baby sleep much easier.
As a portable air purifier, the Vornadobaby Purio is suggested to be used in a space up to 125 square feet.
Though the Vornadobaby Purio only gets B- on our air purifier ranking list, it is the only air purifier that we have measured that is specifically designed for a baby’s room.
Here are the pros/cons of the Vornadobaby Purio:
- No pinch point, finger-friendly
- Decent performance
- Certified by the CARB
- Unique Auto Mode
- Very quiet
- Quite low fan power
Review: Vornadobaby Purio Review.
4) Levoit Core 300S – Best Cheap Air Purifier for Medium NurseryPreviously in our list: Levoit LV-PUR131S.
The new Levoit Core 300S has surpassed the previous Levoit LV-PUR131S as the best air purifier for nursery at a significantly cheaper price point. Once again, this Levoit Core 300S has a three-stage air purification system.
- Pre-filter – This fine preliminary filter is effective at neutralizing airborne large objects like dust, pet dander, pet hair, mold and fungi. Remember to only vacuum it, this filter is not washable.
- True HEPA filter – A True HEPA Filter can reduce 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns all contaminant particles like dust mites, viruses, pollen, and bacteria particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – The new ARM formula Activated Carbon filter is an absolute necessity for odor and smoke removal.
Levoit Core 300S is another excellent option for your baby room, as it is CARB and Energy Star approved. Levoit manufactures ozone-free air purifiers by utilizing simply a mechanical HEPA filter for air filtering.
Not only does this air purifier include a Smart Sensor, but you can also operate it via a smartphone app. It’s fantastic to have a smart air purifier for a fraction of the cost of the MinusA2.
Levoit Core 300S operates quietly. This air purifier has only three fan settings and operates at a lower noise level than the library mode. Without a certain, your infant will not notice when this air purifier is functioning.
Additionally, with a 215-square-foot room coverage, this air purifier is considerably more ideal for a medium-sized nursery. Levoit Core 300S actually has even slightly better fan power than the old Levoit LV-PUR131S.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Levoit Core 300S ranks A+.
Here are the pros/cons of the Levoit Core 300S:
- 100% ozone-free
- Great performance
- Certified by the CARB and Energy Star
- Awesome smart features
- Only has dust sensor
Review: Levoit Core 300S Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for smoke.
5) Coway AP-1512HH – A Powerhouse Cheap Air Purifier that Hits Hard Across the Board
This Coway AP-1512HH is an excellent air purifier, being reviewed as the best air purifier by many reputable organizations in the last few years, including Breathe Quality. Combining flagship-level specs with an unique design and a very appealing price, the Coway AP-1512HH is well worth a place on the list of best air purifiers for baby and nursery.
Let’s break down the Coway Mighty’s air filtration system:
- Pre-filter – A washable pre-filter will help you capture the large particles of contaminants, such as pet hair, human hair and mold.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This filter works its best to deodorize and trap harmful gases to keep your place fresh and odor-free.
- True HEPA filter – The high-performance composite True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
- Ionizer – Vital ionize boosts the cleaning power and freshens the air. Can be switched on/off.
The Coway AP-1512HH is built by the No.1 air purifier company in Korea, so you can trust in the safety of the device. It is totally certified by the CARB for ozone emission safety, meeting an ozone emission concentration limit of 0.05 parts per million.
In our lab, the Coway AP-1512HH is the best performer in a low-range budget, with the incredible performance that outshines others. With great fan power, the Coway AP-1512HH can clean a room of 360 square feet quickly in just 1 hour.
Smart Sensor is available in the Coway AP-1512HH, so you can set it and forget it completely. However, the unique selling point of this air purifier is the Eco Mode, which stops the fan to save energy when no indoor air pollution is detected for 30 minutes. The Coway AP-1512HH deserves the Energy Star rating, and if you want to have an air purifier running 24/7 in your nursery, this is the best affordable air purifier you can get.
The Coway AP-1512HH is also very, very quiet. It can reduce the noise to the level of the rustling leaves, and you won’t even notice it running or not.
Here are the pros/cons of the Coway AP-1512HH:
- Very high-quality air filters
- Best bang for bucks
- Certified by the CARB
- Amazing additional features
- The top light can’t be turned off
Review: Coway AP-1512HH Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for pets.
6) Blue Pure 311 Auto – Best Air Purifier in Quiet Operation
Moving on to the Blue Pure 311 Auto, you will have the best air purifier for bedroom at the moment, thanks to its ultra quiet operation. It also sports the same 3-stage air cleaning system as its little brother, but its performance can deal with any baby’s room or nursery you need.
- Pre-filter – The fabric pre-filter is the symbol of the whole Blue family, which can trap any large particles before they contact the Particle filter.
- Particle filter – Instead of using a True HEPA filter, Blue Pure 311 Auto runs a polypropylene fiber filter to help capture 99.97% of all allergens like dust, dust mites, pet dander, pollen and fungi (HEPASilent technology).
- Activated Carbon Filter – The Activated Carbon filter is added inside the Particle filter and effective against smoke, odors, gases and VOCs.
The Blue Pure 311 Auto is completely safe to use, because it is certified by the CARB. With this certification, Blue Pure 311 Auto never triggers asthma conditions in your babies.
As the bigger brother of the Blue Pure 411 Auto, the Blue Pure 311 Auto is the best performer in bedroom, capturing 99.97% of all airborne particles down to 0.1 microns. The HEPASilent technology allows the air purifier to run as quietly as 23 decibels (dB), and we believe it is near completely silent.
The Smart Sensor is highly accurate in this Blue Pure 311 Auto. It can change the fan speed automatically based on the current environment. It can detect both dust and gas, so your baby will be sure to have a good night.
Here are the pros/cons of the Blue Pure 311 Auto:
- High quality, powerful and smart
- Small and minimal design
- Certified by the CARB
- Accurate Smart Sensor
- High annual filter cost
Review: Blue Pure 311 Auto Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for bedroom.
7) Blueair HealthProtect 7470i – High-end performance with Portability
Blueair HealthProtect 7470i isn’t a budget blower, with its price point right now placing it firmly in the high-range in terms of financial outlay, however it is one of the best air purifiers for baby because of its sheer powerful air filtration system. Let’s have a look at the simple 2-stage air cleaning system of this Blueair HealthProtect 7470i.
- Pre-filter – For best performance, you’re required to clean the pre-filter regularly. It can trap large objects of pollutants, to prolong the life time of the Smart Filter.
- Smart Filter – The most advanced filter technology of Blueair, it can remove airborne pollutants and allergens such as pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, fine smoke particles and more. It is covered by activated coconut shell carbon, to adsorb chemicals, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), and annoying household odors from cooking, smoke, and pets.
As with the other air purifiers on this list, the Blueair HealthProtect 7470i has been rigorously tested and approved by the California Air Resources Board to ensure its safety for use in your baby’s room and nursery. The Blueair HealthProtect 7470i produces no ozone, which is harmful to infants.
We must choose the Blueair HealthProtect 7470i due to its superior air filtration system and its performance against all forms of airborne allergens. HEPASilent Ultra is the brand name for the company’s next-generation air cleaning technology. The Blueair HealthProtect 7470i utilizes electrostatic charge and mechanical filtration to adhere ultra-fine particles to the filter. This technology is 99.97 percent successful in removing airborne particles as small as 0.1 microns.
Once trapped, the combination of electrical charging and high air flow kills viruses and bacteria – which also helps prevent any bacterial growth within the air purifier itself. Such technology is named GermShield, and it is always available, even when the device is on standby.
The Smart Sensor of this Blueair HealthProtect 7470i is also top reason to buy one. It can track anything from PM10 to PM1, and it will adjust fan speed accordingly to the environment. You can also control this air purifier with your smartphone or Alexa voice commands.
The air purifier is extremely quiet, as its lowest speed is quieter than whisper. Blueair HealthProtect 7470i is one of the quietest air purifiers of this company.
While the Blueair HealthProtect 7470i ranks A on our air purifier ranking list, we prefer it over its larger brother because it is half the size and features casters for easy movement from room to room.
Here are the pros/cons of the Blueair HealthProtect 7470i:
- Fantastic, powerful HEPASilent Ultra
- Impressive quiet operation
- Certified by the CARB
- Great Smart features
- Has casters
- Big size
Review: Blueair HealthProtect 7470i Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for dust.
8) AIRMEGA 300S – Flagship-level on a budget
As you can probably see, the biggest air purifier is meant for big rooms. For the uninitiated, Airmega 300S is the luxurious lineup of Coway, to compete in the mid-range and high-range segments. If you need an air purifier for a big nursery, you can’t miss the high-end products of one leader in the air purifier industry.
Together with the non-smart Airmega 300, this air purifier consists of a general 2-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – First, the Airmega 300S use a powerful washable pre-filter, which is available to help you capture large objects of contaminants.
- Max2 filter – A combination of both Activated Carbon Filter and True HEPA filter, this filter can both capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns. It also reduces more than 99% of Volatile Organic Compounds and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO.
Though being certified by the CARB for safety, this time Coway makes an air purifier without any bipolar ionizer, for completely no source of ozone emission. That being said, Airmega 300S is the safest bet for your baby room in the mid-range segment.
The Airmega 300S uses the in-house air sensor of Coway, which is highly accurate for any changes in indoor air quality. For those who love to have the smart air purifier, the Airmega 300S can be controlled either via a smartphone app or voice control of Alexa. Now tracking the perfect environment for your baby is really easy.
And don’t forget the impressive quiet operation from Coway technology, because the Airmega 300S can be as quiet as whisper. It also runs the same Eco Mode, to stop the fan power to save energy when detecting no airborne pollutants. Do you plan to use an air purifier 24/7 in your baby room? Then the Energy Star AIRMEGA 300S is for you.
The Airmega 300S has high fan power, so it can clean large rooms up to 1256 square feet with ease.
Here are the pros/cons of the Airmega 300S:
- Top-notch performance
- Excellent quiet operation
- Certified by the CARB
- Great Smart features
- High fan power
- App receives many negative reviews
- High cost filter replacement
Review: Airmega 300S Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for mold.
9) Alen BreatheSmart 75i – Perfect for Keeping your Babies Sleep
If you’re looking for the absolute best Alen air purifier on the market today, then look no further than the Alen BreatheSmart 75i. The flagship of this company with Lifetime Warranty on products is the most feature-packed and most efficient air purifier up until now. For lifetime peace of mind, let’s look at the customized 3-stage air cleaning system of this air purifier.
- Pre-filter – A washable pre-filter to help capture the large objects of pollutants like dust, pet hair and pollen.
- True HEPA Filter – There are 4 types of True HEPA filter for you to choose from:
- Pure – The standard True HEPA filter of Alen BreatheSmart 75i is able to capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns pollutant particles such as dust, dust mites and pollen.
- Fresh – The next level HEPA filter will improve the first Pure, with the addition of Activated Carbon filter, to deal with household odors and chemicals. This air filter is necessary for people who are sensitive to VOCs.
- Pet – Without the Activated Carbon filter, the Pet air filter uses the Alen’s patented Molecular Conversion Powder to ensure heavy pet odors are destroyed at a molecular level.
- Heavy Odor – Alen BreatheSmart 75i changed the Molecular Conversion Powder in the Pet air filter to make the new Heavy Odor filter, which can remove household odors from smelly kids/teenagers, kitchen garbage, and other everyday activities.
- Ionizer – Anion is used to improve the efficiency of the Alen BreatheSmart 75i. Can be switched on/off.
The whole Alen family, especially the BreatheSmart lineup, is strictly tested and certified by many labs of the CARB for being safe. A device with a world-class support for lifetime must be totally safe to run in your baby room and nursery.
You don’t need to wonder if the air purifier is working. The laser air sensor is highly accurate, and it will let you know the status of the air quality around you. As an air purifier designed for bedtime use, the Alen BreatheSmart 75i has a Sleep Mode to dim the light off without disturbing the sleep of your baby.
And why do we consider the Alen BreatheSmart 75i perfect for keeping infants sleep? This is the quietest air purifier of Alen family, with the lowest noise level just the same as the whisper, meaning it is really quiet. Even on highest speed, this air purifier only produces soothing pink noise, which will help your babies sleep faster.
The Alen BreatheSmart 75i is suggested to be used in a room of 1300 square feet, by the manufacturer. It is reasonable for a high-end air purifier to perform in such large rooms, but do you really need such high performance?
In our air purifier ranking list, the Alen BreatheSmart 75i only ranks B+, but its Lifetime Warranty and quiet operation save it a position as the best air purifier for baby.
Here are the pros/cons of the Alen BreatheSmart 75i:
- World-class performance
- Generates soothing pink noise, very quiet
- Certified by the CARB
- Accurate laser air sensor
- Lifetime Warranty
- A bit low fan power for room coverage
- Can’t connect to Wi-Fi
Review: Alen BreatheSmart 75i Review.
Related post: Best large room air purifier.
10) Dyson HP04 – Everything your Baby Needs in One Device
If you are a perfectionist who want only one device for your baby room that covers function of three different devices, we’d be pointing you towards the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool ranges of air purifiers, specifically the latest and greatest Dyson HP04, as these devices have become famous for their excellent heating and cooling features besides the normal air purifying system.
The air filtration system of the Dyson HP04 is great with an all-in-one air filter:
- True HEPA filter – With the glass HEPA filter, the Dyson HP04 is able to capture 99.97% all airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including pollen, bacteria and pet dander.
- Activated Carbon filter – Removes household odors and gases such as formaldehyde, benzene and nitrogen dioxide, thanks to tris-impregnated carbon.
We don’t need to inform you that the Dyson HP04 is the safest air purifier to use in your baby room. It is certified by both the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for being safe and 100% ozone-free.
And that is saying nothing of the impressive heating and cooling features of this Dyson HP04. This air purifier acts like a fan, with oscillation adjustment up to 350°. The Dyson HP04 introduces a humidity and temperature sensor to constantly monitor the relative humidity and temperature within your nursery, so you can choose the proper setting to keep a perfect environment for your baby.
Back to the air purifier part, the Dyson HP04 uses the high-end laser air sensor so it can even track the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) or oxidizing gases in your baby room. Of course, the Auto Mode can be enabled, to automatically change the fan power to meet the environment’s needs. You can check the air quality either from the LCD display, or from a smartphone app.
Another benefit of having a Dyson air purifier is the quiet operation, which is just like the sound at the library. Combines with the high fan power, this air purifier can be put far away from your babies, to keep them sleeping well at night. The Dyson HP04 can clean a room up to 1000 square feet easily, thanks to an unmatched fan power.
The Dyson HP04 is ranked B- in our air purifier ranking list.
Here are the pros/cons of the Dyson HP04:
- Impressive heating and cooling features
- Certified by the CARB and AAFA
- Accurate laser air sensor
- Quite expensive
- Low fan power
Review: Dyson HP04 Review.
Why you need an air purifier for your babies?
Infants breathe at a more rapid rate than adults. They will draw in more air (and sadly, more polluted air) than any adults, so early exposure to contaminated air can cause lifelong health damage. Or worse, the sudden infant death syndrome.
Indoor air quality is 5 times more polluted than outdoor air quality. An air purifier is a must-have device to make sure your indoor air quality is good.
Are air purifiers safe for babies?
Not every air purifier is safe for your babies. While most air purifiers are necessary for baby’s room, you need to choose the safest air purifiers which are certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), to meet an ozone emission concentration limit of 0.050 parts per million.
An air purifier is a must-have in your baby’s nursery, even more so if you or your partner suffer from active allergies to airborne contaminants. For more information, let’s check the answer to this question: Are air purifiers safe for babies?
Babies, infants and toddlers are highly vulnerable to any kinds of air pollution, and they will face a greater health risk if they continuously breathe in contaminated air. Babies are born with an immature immune system and have underdeveloped defense mechanisms. They are more vulnerable to any types of attack, and any types of cellular damage is less likely to be recovered.
If one parent has allergies, there’s a 25% chance that a child will also be allergic. The risk is 60% to 70% higher if both parents have allergies. That’s why air purifiers are so important for both you and your baby.