This is the only guide you need to find the best air purifiers for baby. You could be an expectant and new parent, who is setting up the nursery for your new baby with extreme care. Learning from the pediatricians, you know that an air purifier is very important to keep the air in your baby room clean and pure.
That’s why you come to find out the best air purifier for baby in 2021, so you can make sure your baby will have the perfect environment to sleep well.
Let’s not waste countless hours of searching through any others of websites just to find the top rated air purifiers that fit your specific needs. Because in Breathe Quality:
- We do give honest reviews (both pros and cons) and a base comparison for all the air purifiers so anyone will guarantee to have the wisest choices.
- We do not (and we never) exaggerate one product just to let you click the links and buy that product blindly.
- Air purifiers are for everyone. Believing that, we will give you the best air purifiers from low-range to high-range. To know the exact price of your air purifier, make sure to hit the Check price button.
It’s true that your baby is absolutely beautiful, one of the sweetest tiny infants ever born, but they need your care a lot. We know that not everyone has time to find, research, and compare air purifiers from a huge ton of websites. We have read many other reviews in the whole Internet and rather find them outdated (some were written 2 years ago), or just copy others without showing the real benefits for your babies. In Breathe Quality, we vow to never do it.
Baby needs caring, so if you are looking for air cleaning system, you should check the criteria to make the best air purifier for baby room and nursery.
- Must be safe to use. We only list the air purifiers that are certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for electrical safety and ozone emissions, which is lower than 0.05 parts per million (ppm) in ozone emission concentration limit. Why? Higher ozone concentration can cause asthma, reduce the lung function and make it more difficult to breath deeply (according to the AAFA). Your babies need the safest air purifier possible, right?
- Should have Smart Sensor and Air Quality Display, so you can check the air quality index in your baby and nursery room easily. Some air purifiers will even constantly update the status in your smartphone’s app.
- Should have quiet operation, so the air purifier won’t interrupt your baby’s sleep at all.
- Have additional features that are nice to have in your baby room and nursery.
If you are clear with all four above rules, you are fine to purchase the best air purifier for baby and nursery. Your children are the most precious part of your life, and we wish nothing but your family’s health!
BASE COMPARISON TABLE OF BEST AIR PURIFIERS FOR BABY IN 2021
This Comparison Table of best air purifiers for baby room and nursery will help you have a quick overview of our list of Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Baby and Nursery in 2021. The factor for comparison in this table is the filter types of this air purifier. We also give the most concerned factors as room coverage and annual filter replacement. To help find the best air purifier for baby and nursery, we’ve rounded up the best devices out there today, rating them from the best possible for each price range you can afford. So be sure to check the list to the last one, so you can find the most suitable air purifier for your home.
You should remember to check the reviews in this comparison table. We will share all the knowledge about the pros and cons of each air purifier. To understand more clearly why we use this list of best air purifier for mold, mildew and virus in 2021, you should scroll to our buying guide.
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Baby in 2021
1) Rabbit Air MinusA2 – Our 2021 Recommendation for Baby and Nursery
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the best air purifier for baby available right now, still. It’s the most advanced flagship air purifier the Rabbit Air has ever released, driven by a top-notch and superior 6-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – The pre-filter is the first stage for incoming polluted air, where captures all large particles, along with dust mites and some of pet hair.
- Medium Filter – Traps large pollen, pet dander, mold and dust particles that is larger than 1 micron in size.
- Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter – Unlike traditional True HEPA Filter which could allow bacteria, mold and virus to grow over time, the Rabbit Air’s BioGS HEPA filter can prolong optimal filter efficiency and filter life of their HEPA Filter with advanced technology. It is still able to capture 99.97% of all allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles down to 0.3 microns.
- Customized Filter – Double the protection with a variety of customized filters for specific needs like Germ Defense, Pet Allergy, Odor Remover, or Toxin Absorber.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Reduces chemicals and common household odors.
- Ion Generator – The last line of defense is an ionizer to capture even the tiniest particles of pollutant and trap them into other filters. Can be switched on/off.
Talking about safety for your baby, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), with a recorded amount of ozone emission to be just 0.002 ppm (parts per million), 25 times less than the ozone concentration safety standard set forth by the CARB.
But the headline act is the advanced air cleaning system exclusively only for the Rabbit Air MinusA2. Normally, one air purifier would have 2 to 4 air filtration stages, while we can see 6 different layers of air filtration in this air purifier. Mix that all together and throw in a device, Rabbit Air MinusA2 can keep the indoor air quality in your nursery to be completely fresh and clean.
Smart features are also available in any editions of Rabbit Air MinusA2. A built-in Smart Sensor can give you the most accurate indoor air quality index in your baby room, and thanks to the Wi-Fi Enabled Connectivity function in the SPA-780N version, you can check the current status anywhere, anytime. Most importantly, the Smart Sensor enables Auto Mode, so Rabbit Air MinusA2 can adjust the fan power accordingly to assure the freshest air quality at all times.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 is ultra silent on lowest speed, with the noise level similar to the rustling leaves. Also, you can run the device 24/7, because it is an Energy Star air purifier, with lowest power consumption to be only 6 watts.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 can cover an area as large as 815 square feet, so it fits most of the households in the US. For anyone looking to set up an air purifier for their babies, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is certainly the best, without breaking your bank.
Here is the pros/cons of Rabbit Air MinusA2:
- Top-notch air filtration system
- Certified by the CARB
- Attractive design
- Great Smart features
- Ultra quiet
- Quite low fan power for the room coverage
Review: Rabbit Air MinusA2 Review.
Related post: Best air purifier 2021.
2) Airthereal ADH80 – Best Affordable Air Purifier for Baby
Just because you don’t want to spend $500 on a new air purifier for baby doesn’t mean you can’t get something good and that’s why we’ve tested rigorously for the best budget air purifier for your baby. The most affordable air purifier you should get is the Airthereal ADH80, which is meant for small baby room and nursery, thanks to its 3-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – A preliminary filter covers the True HEPA filter, to prolong the life time of the core filter, by trapping the large objects of pollutants like fur, hair and large dust.
- True HEPA filter – With the True HEPA filter, Airthereal ADH80 can capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
- Activated Carbon filter – The real power of Airthereal air purifiers is inside the carbon filter – a combination of Nano mineral, Cold catalyst, Photo catalyst and Molecular Sieve carbon. It will adsorb the odors, chemicals and smoke from the indoor air.
Airthereal makes their budget smart air purifier without any ionizer or UV-C filter to be completely ozone-free. The Airthereal ADH80 is certified by the CARB to meet the ozone emission concentration limit less than 0.05 parts per million (ppm).
The Airthereal ADH80 is one of a few air purifiers on budget with a Smart Sensor inside. With the air quality sensor, you can proactively check the air quality measurement in your baby room and nursery. The air purifier then automatically selects the correct air purification mode, providing you with the best quality at the lowest energy cost.
Airthereal ADH80 is exceptionally quiet, of course, because it is an air purifier for bedroom use. The lowest noise level is nearly the same as the whisper.
However, as the Airthereal ADH80 costs less than $100, it is recommended to use in a very small space, up to 160 square feet.
Here is the pros/cons of Airthereal ADH80:
- High-quality air filtration system on budget
- Portable size
- Certified by the CARB
- Quiet operation
- Weak fan power
Review: Airthereal ADH80 Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for allergies.
3) Vornadobaby Purio – The Only-for-Baby Air Purifier
Not all air purifiers are marketed for use in nursery and baby’s room. Then, this is the unique selling point of the Vornadobaby Purio, because it is built for baby, and anything involving this air purifier is also around giving zero contaminants in your baby’s room.
As one of the longest-standing air purifier brands in the U.S, Vornado is great at making air purifiers with advanced air cleaning innovation and expertise. The Vornadobaby Purio has a simple, but powerful 3-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – A permanent, washable pre-filter covers the True HEPA filter, to extend the life time of the core filter, by trapping the large objects of pollutants like fur, hair and large dust.
- Activated Carbon filter – Simple carbon sheet helps keep the nursery smelling fresh by adsorbing odors.
- True HEPA filter – With the True HEPA filter, this air purifier can capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles, to guarantee the clean and healthy air for your baby.
If you are looking for an inexpensive solution for your baby room, stop reading and buy the Vornadobaby Purio right now. It is simple but powerful, with a True HEPA filter to remove 99.97% of the airborne contaminants and allergens from your baby’s room.
Just like any air purifiers in our list, the Vornadobaby Purio is safe to use, with the certification of the CARB for ozone emission safety. So to say, it won’t emit ozone that can be harmful for your children.
But the unique selling point of this Vornadobaby Purio is its build for baby. As an only-for-baby air purifier, it removes any sharp edges or pinch points, and the cord is hidden and covered in a storage. There is an useful Child lock option for the air purifier’s control panel, to make sure your children don’t change the settings.
However, the Vornadobaby Purio has an Auto Mode only for “sleepy time”, as it goes at its lowest fan speed in dark conditions. Moreover, the air purifier adds white noise element to your nursery, to help your baby sleep much easier.
As a portable air purifier, the Vornadobaby Purio is suggested to be used in a space up to 125 square feet.
Here is the pros/cons of Vornadobaby Purio:
- No pinch point, finger-friendly
- Decent performance
- Certified by the CARB
- Unique Auto Mode
- Very quiet
- Quite low fan power
Review: Vornadobaby Purio Review.
4) AeraMax Baby DB5 – Asthma and Allergy Friendly Certification
The expression “cheap and cheerful” perfectly encapsulates AeraMax’s budget device. While the others in the lineup are quite or really expensive, the AeraMax Baby DB5 just, well, isn’t. But don’t take lightly on this air purifier, because it sports the same 4-stage air cleaning system like any expensive brothers of the AeraMax family.
- Activated Carbon Filter – AeraMax Baby DB5 makes use of an Activated Carbon filter like a pre-filter, to capture both large particles and household odors, pet odors, cooking odor and cigarette smoke.
- True HEPA filter – This air purifier has high efficiency of trapping 99.97% of any particles as small as 0.3 microns like pollen, ragweed and other allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores, and pet dander.
- AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment – The built-in protection right in the surface of its True HEPA filter, to prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mildew, and fungi.
- PlasmaTrue Technology – This is one kind of ionizer, which creates an ionized field to help safely remove airborne pollutants. Can be switched on/off.
The AeraMax Baby DB5 is completely safe to use, because it is certified by not only the CARB, but also the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America organization (AAFA). With these certifications, AeraMax Baby DB5 never triggers asthma conditions in your babies.
For a budget air purifier, AeraMax Baby DB5 is also the best performer with an advanced 4-stage air cleaning system, with the core is a True HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of all airborne pollutants down to 0.3 microns. This air purifier is so good, in fact, that we included it on our list of the best air purifiers for bedroom.
The Smart Sensor, named AeraSmart, is highly accurate in this AeraMax Baby DB5. It can change the fan speed automatically based on the current environment. If you find the air quality index is too high in your nursery, you can turn on the Aera+ Mode, to increase the air turnover rate, and clean your baby room much faster.
Here is the pros/cons of AeraMax Baby DB5:
- Great performance with PlasmaTrue
- Well-built for the price
- Certified by the CARB and AAFA
- Accurate Smart Sensor
- Quite noisy for a bedroom
- High power consumption
Review: AeraMax Baby DB5 Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for bedroom.
5) Levoit LV-PUR131S – Best Cheap Air Purifier for Medium Nursery
The Levoit LV-PUR131S, despite being pitched as the first and only smart air purifier of Levoit, is actually a fabulous air purifier that delivers a stunning package for a very, very low price point. Just like others in Levoit, this Levoit LV-PUR131S has a 3-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – This fine preliminary filter is effective at neutralizing airborne large objects like dust, pet dander, pet hair, mold and fungi. Remember to only vacuum it, this filter is not washable.
- True HEPA filter – A True HEPA Filter can reduce 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns all contaminant particles like dust mites, viruses, pollen, and bacteria particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This Activated Carbon filter is must-have to remove odors and smoke.
Being certified by the CARB, Levoit LV-PUR131S is another good option to get for your baby room. Levoit makes air purifiers with 100% ozone-free, because they only use the mechanical HEPA filter for air filtration system.
Not only you have the Smart Sensor in this air purifier, but you can also control the Levoit LV-PUR131S with a smartphone app. It is great to have a smart air purifier with only 1/5 the price of the MinusA2.
Levoit LV-PUR131S has a very good quiet operation. This air purifier only has 3 fan speeds, and the average noise level is lower than the library mode. Your baby won’t notice the sound when this air purifier is operating for sure.
And, with the room coverage of 320 square feet, this air purifier is much more suitable for a medium-sized nursery.
Here is the pros/cons of Levoit LV-PUR131S:
- 100% ozone-free
- Great performance
- Certified by the CARB
- Awesome smart features
- Motor becomes hot after months of using
Review: Levoit LV-PUR131S Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for smoke.
6) Coway AP-1512HH – A Powerhouse Cheap Air Purifier that Hits Hard Across the Board
This Coway AP-1512HH is the excellent air purifier, being reviewed as the best air purifier by many reputable organizations in the last few years, including Breathe Quality. Combining flagship-level specs with an unique design and a very appealing price, Coway AP-1512HH is well worth a place on the list of best air purifiers for baby and nursery.
Let’s break down the Coway Mighty’s air filtration system:
- Pre-filter – A washable pre-filter will help you capture the large particles of contaminants, from pet hair, human hair and mold.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This filter works its best to deodorize and trap harmful gas to keep your place fresh and odor-free.
- True HEPA filter – The high-performance composite True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
- Ionizer – Vital ionize boosts the cleaning power and freshens the air. Can be switched on/off.
Coway AP-1512HH is built by the No.1 air purifier company in Korea, so you can trust in the safety of the device. It is totally certified by the CARB for ozone emission safety, meeting an ozone emission concentration limit of 0.05 parts per million.
In our lab, this Coway AP-1512HH is the best performer in a low-range budget, with the incredible performance that outshines others. With great fan power, the Coway AP-1512HH can clean a room of 360 square feet quickly in just 1 hour.
Smart Sensor is available in this Coway AP-1512HH, so you can set it and forget it completely. However, the unique selling point of this air purifier is the Eco Mode, which stops the fan to save energy when no indoor air pollution is detected for 30 minutes. Coway AP-1512HH deserves the Energy Star rating, and if you want to have an air purifier running 24/7 in your nursery, this is the best affordable air purifier you can get.
Coway AP-1512HH is also very, very quiet. It can reduce the noise to the level of the rustling leaves, and you won’t even notice it running or not.
Here is the pros/cons of Coway AP-1512HH:
- Very high-quality air filters
- Best bang for bucks
- Certified by the CARB
- Amazing additional features
- The top light can’t be turned off
Review: Coway AP-1512HH Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for pets.
7) Boneco H300 – Swiss Made Natural Air Filtration Technology
Boneco H300 isn’t a budget blower, with its price point right now placing it firmly in the mid-range in terms of financial outlay, however it is one of the best air purifiers for baby because of its signature Swiss Made natural air filtration technology. Let’s have a look at the sweet 3-stage air cleaning system of this Boneco H300.
- Pre-filter – Boneco H300 has a pre-filter to help capture the large objects of pollutants, like pet hair, fur or large dust.
- HEPA filter – The core filter of Boneco system, which can remove 97% of PM 2.5 particles, like dust, pollen, hair and dust mites. You can also upgrade to a True HEPA filter, combined with Activated Carbon filter for better performance.
- Boneco Air Washer System – The textured evaporated mats turn in the water, to add moisture to the air. It also uses the water to wash the air from impurities (like dust, pollen and odors).
Just like any air purifiers in this list, the Boneco H300 is strictly tested and certified by the CARB so it is safe to use in your baby room and nursery. With only mechanical air filters, Boneco H300 won’t emit any ozone.
Seriously, you can fully trust in this Swiss air purifier for being safe, because it uses a natural air filtration process to clean the air. We call it the “Boneco Air Washer System”, which adds moisture to the air and naturally wash the impurities. Moreover, the humidifier function can keep your baby healthy, especially when the heating system always makes the indoor air becomes dry. And dry air is the culprit to more frequent sore throats, dry sinuses and stuffy noses of your babies.
Boneco H300 has an integrated Smart Sensor, but it doesn’t measure the air quality level, instead it shows the humidity level. You can also control this air purifier with your smartphone, thanks to the Bluetooth Capability function.
The air purifier is extremely quiet, as its lowest speed is quieter than whisper. Boneco H300 is recommended to be used in 540 square feet by the manufacturer, so it can fit most medium to large rooms easily. And finally, you don’t need to worry about the power consumption, as the annual energy cost of this Boneco H300 is just only $3. Yes, just $3.
Here is the pros/cons of Boneco H300:
- Natural air filtration process
- Impressive quiet operation
- Certified by the CARB
- Great Smart features
- Low power consumption
- Low fan power
- Doesn’t have True HEPA filter
Review: Boneco H300 Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for dust.
8) AIRMEGA 300S – Flagship-level on a budget
As you can probably see, the biggest air purifier is meant for big rooms. For the uninitiated, AIRMEGA 300S is the luxurious lineup of Coway, to compete in the mid-range and high-range segments. If you need an air purifier for a big nursery, you can’t miss the high-end products of one leader in the air purifier industry.
Together with the non-smart AIRMEGA 300, this air purifier consists of a general 2-stage air cleaning system.
- Pre-filter – First, the AIRMEGA 300S use a powerful washable pre-filter, which is available to help you capture large objects of contaminants.
- Max2 filter – A combination of both Activated Carbon Filter and True HEPA filter, this filter can both capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns. It also reduces more than 99% of Volatile Organic Compounds and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO.
Though being certified by the CARB for safety, this time Coway makes an air purifier without any bipolar ionizer, for completely no source of ozone emission. That being said, AIRMEGA 300S is the safest bet for your baby room in the mid-range segment.
AIRMEGA 300S uses the in-house air sensor of Coway, which is highly accurate for any changes in indoor air quality. For those who love to have the smart air purifier, AIRMEGA 300S can be controlled either via a smartphone app or voice control of Alexa. Now tracking the perfect environment for your baby is really easy.
And don’t forget the impressive quiet operation from Coway technology, because the AIRMEGA 300S can be as quiet as whisper. It also runs the same Eco Mode, to stop the fan power to save energy when detecting no airborne pollutants. Do you plan to use an air purifier 24/7 in your baby room? Then the Energy Star AIRMEGA 300S is for you.
AIRMEGA 300S has high fan power, so it can clean large rooms up to 1256 square feet with ease.
Here is the pros/cons of AIRMEGA 300S:
- Top-notch performance
- Excellent quiet operation
- Certified by the CARB
- Great Smart features
- High fan power
- App receives many negative reviews
- High cost filter replacement
Review: AIRMEGA 300S Review.
Related post: Best air purifier for mold.
9) Alen BreatheSmart 75i – Perfect for Keeping your Babies Sleep
If you’re looking for the absolute best Alen air purifier on the market today, then look no further than the Alen BreatheSmart 75i. The flagship of this company with Lifetime Warranty on products is the most feature-packed and most efficient air purifier up until now. For lifetime peace of mind, let’s look at the customized 3-stage air cleaning system of this air purifier.
- Pre-filter – A washable pre-filter to help capture the large objects of pollutants like dust, pet hair and pollen.
- True HEPA Filter – There are 4 types of True HEPA filter for you to choose from:
- Pure – The standard True HEPA filter of Alen BreatheSmart 75i, which is able to capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns pollutant particles such as dust, dust mites and pollen.
- Fresh – The next level HEPA filter will improve the first Pure, with the addition of Activated Carbon filter, to deal with the household odors and chemicals. This air filter is necessary for people who are sensitive to VOCs.
- Pet – Without the Activated Carbon filter, the Pet air filter uses the Alen’s patented Molecular Conversion Powder to ensure heavy pet odors are destroyed at a molecular level.
- Heavy Odor – Alen BreatheSmart 75i changed the Molecular Conversion Powder in the Pet air filter to make the new Heavy Odor filter, which can remove the household odors from smelly kids/teenagers, kitchen garbage, and other everyday activities.
- Ionizer – Anion is used to improve the efficiency of this Alen BreatheSmart 75i. Can be switched on/off.
The whole Alen family, especially the BreatheSmart lineup, is strictly tested and certified by many labs of the CARB for being safe. A device with a world-class support for lifetime must be totally safe to run in your baby room and nursery.
You don’t need to wonder if the air purifier is working. The laser air sensor is highly accurate, and it will let you know the status of the air quality around you. As an air purifier designed for bedtime use, Alen BreatheSmart 75i has a Sleep Mode to dim the light off without disturbing the sleep of your baby.
And why do we consider this Alen BreatheSmart 75i perfect for keeping infants sleep? This is the quietest air purifier of Alen family, with the lowest noise level just the same as the whisper, meaning it is really quiet. Even on highest speed, this air purifier only produces soothing pink noise, which will help your babies sleep faster.
Alen BreatheSmart 75i is suggested to be used in a room of 1300 square feet, by the manufacturer. It is reasonable for a high-end air purifier to perform in such large rooms, but do you really need such high performance?
Here is the pros/cons of Alen BreatheSmart 75i:
- World-class performance
- Generates soothing pink noise, very quiet
- Certified by the CARB
- Accurate laser air sensor
- Lifetime Warranty
- A bit low fan power for room coverage
- Can’t connect to Wi-Fi
Review: Alen BreatheSmart 75i Review.
Related post: Best large room air purifier.
10) Dyson HP04 – Everything your Baby Needs in One Device
If you are a perfectionist who want only one device for your baby room that covers function of three different devices, we’d be pointing you towards the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool ranges of air purifiers, specifically the latest and greatest Dyson HP04, as these devices have become famous for their excellent heating and cooling features besides the normal air purifying system.
Air purifier features of Dyson HP04 is great with an all-in-one air filter:
- True HEPA filter – With the glass HEPA filter, the Dyson HP04 is able to capture 99.97% all airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including pollen, bacteria and pet dander.
- Activated Carbon filter – Removes household odors and gases such as formaldehyde, benzene and nitrogen dioxide, thanks to tris-impregnated carbon.
We don’t need to inform you that the Dyson HP04 is the safest air purifier to use in your baby room. It is certified by both the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) for being safe and 100% ozone-free.
And that is saying nothing of the impressive heating and cooling features of this Dyson HP04. This air purifier acts like a fan, with oscillation adjustment up to 350°. The Dyson HP04 introduces a humidity and temperature sensor to constantly monitor the relative humidity and temperature within your nursery, so you can choose the proper setting to keep a perfect environment for your baby.
Back to the air purifier part, Dyson HP04 uses the high-end laser air sensor so it can even track the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) or oxidizing gases in your baby room. Of course, the Auto Mode can be enabled, to automatically change the fan power to meet the environment’s needs. You can check the air quality either from the LCD display, or by a smartphone app.
Another benefit for having a Dyson air purifier is the quiet operation, which is just the same as the sound at the library. Combines with the high fan power, this air purifier can be put far away from your babies, to keep them sleep well at night. Dyson HP04 can clean a room up to 1000 square feet easily, thanks to the unmatched fan power.
Here is the pros/cons of Dyson HP04:
- Great air purifying power
- Impressive heating and cooling features
- Certified by the CARB and AAFA
- Accurate laser air sensor
- Unmatched fan power
- Quite expensive
Review: Dyson HP04 Review.
Why you need an air purifier for your babies?
An air purifier is definitely a necessary item to have in your baby’s room, especially when you or your partner has actively allergies with airborne pollutants.
For your information, let’s check the answer for this question: Are air purifiers safe for babies?
Babies, infants and toddlers are highly vulnerable to any kinds of air pollution, and they will face a greater health risk if they continuously breathe in contaminated air.
Here are some reasons for you to make up your mind and buy the best air purifier for baby right now:
- Babies are born with an immature immune system and have underdeveloped defense mechanisms. They are more vulnerable to any types of attack, and any types of cellular damage is less likely to be recovered.
- Infants breathe at a more rapid rate than adults. They will draw in more air (and sadly, more polluted air) than any adults, so early exposure to contaminated air can cause lifelong health damage. Or worse, the sudden infant death syndrome.
- Indoor air quality is 5 times more polluted than outdoor air quality. So don’t think if you keep doors and windows closed, your babies are safe from airborne pollutants.
If one parent has allergies, there’s a 25% chance that a child will also be allergic. The risk is 60% to 70% higher if both parents have allergies. That’s why air purifiers are so important for both you and your baby.