You have discovered a mold and mildew problem inside your home, right? We believe that, because the reason you’re here is because you are trying to find the best air purifiers for mold, mildew and virus for your home. To be specific, you are facing these problems:
- You (or your family member) suffer badly from mold spore allergies.
- You don’t have a sensitivity to mold, but you know that being exposed to mold over a long period of time will cause harm to your health. And seriously, you don’t allow that.
If you answer a yes to both above problems, then it’s time you choose a best solution for mold, mildew and even virus in your home. They are all in the list of best air purifiers for mold in 2019.
UPDATED: We have updated our list of best air purifiers for mold, mildew and viruses in 06/22/2019. In Breathe Quality, we keep updating our posts whenever possible, and this update is the result of a 3-month consecutive experiment in our labs, so we can make sure that you will get the right air purifier for your mold and mildew problems. Our next update will be set for 3-6 months later, depending on the release of new products from the well-known air purifier brands. However, you don’t need to wait, because the air purifier market will never change so quickly.
Let’s not waste countless hours of searching through any others of websites just to find the top rated air purifiers that fit your specific needs. Because in Breathe Quality:
- We do give honest reviews (both pros and cons) and a base comparison for all the air purifiers so anyone will guarantee to have the wisest choices.
- We do not (and we never) exaggerate one product just to let you click the links and buy that product blindly.
- Air purifiers are for everyone. Believing that, we will give you the best air purifiers from low-range to high-range. To know the exact price of your air purifier, make sure to hit the Check price button.
Mold, mildew and virus are indeed microscopic. To deal with these tiny particles, a best air purifier for mold needs to have:
- True HEPA Filter – The most used air filter with powerful filtration process to capture up to 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns particles, including of mold, mildew and virus. Being a True HEPA filter means it is tested strictly to meet the standards of the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Activated Carbon Filter – We need this filter to remove the annoying mold odors. With a granular activated carbon adsorption, this air filter can even remove the VOCs and chemicals in mold and mildew.
- UV-C Light Filter – An additional filter of UV-C Light is highly recommended to 100% kill the mold spores. The UV-C light is used to destroy the DNA markup in the mold spores and is always the last line of defense in case your filter can’t capture the mold spores.
If you are clear with these above rules then you can now look for more information to purchase the right best air purifier for mold in 2019. Once again, we hope nothing but your health.
BASE COMPARISON TABLE OF BEST AIR PURIFIERS FOR MOLD IN 2019
This Comparison Table of best air purifiers for mold, mildew and virus will help you have a quick overview of our list of Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Mold in 2019. The factor for comparison in this table is the Filter Types of this air purifier (which must have True HEPA filter and UV-C light filter). We also give the most concerned factors as Room Coverage and Annual Filter Replacement. To help find the best air purifier for mold, mildew and viruses, we’ve rounded up the best devices out there today, rating them from the best possible for each price range you can afford. So be sure to check the list to the last one, so you can find the most suitable air purifier for your home.
Always remember to check the reviews in this comparison table. We will share all the knowledge about the pros and cons of each air purifier. To understand more clearly why we use this list of best air purifier for mold, mildew and virus in 2019, you should scroll to our buying guide.
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Mold in 2019
1) Airpura P600 – Our 2019 Winner for Mold Purification
When you find your home in extremely dangerous mold and mildew problem, this Airpura P600 is the best air purifier you can buy right now, packing the best of what Airpura – the top North American air purifier brand, has to offer.
But apart from the high-range price, let’s find out why Breathe Quality choose this flagship air purifier of Airpura to be the Best Air Purifier for Mold.
- Additional Filters – Airpura P600 is the only air purifier of this brand to deliver the TitanClean Photocatalytic oxidation, to create hydroxyls and attack the contaminants such as bacteria, mold spores and viruses, and transform them into harmless airborne particles.
- True HEPA Filter – Airpura P600 makes use of the top rated True HEPA filter in the world, a 40-sq-ft big air filter that can filter out 99.97% of any particles down to 0.3 microns in size, certainly including of the mold spores and viruses.
- Activated Carbon Filter – If you hate the odors created from mold and mildew, the powerful 18-lb carbon filter from Airpura P600 will totally adsorb them, releasing only fresh air for you.
- UV-C Light filter – With the 20-watt UV-C light bulb, the Airpura P600 holds the best UV light filter to kill all of viruses and mold spores.
The ultimate air filtration system from the Airpura P600 makes it at least $400 more expensive than the previous Airpura UV600, but it is worth your investment. This air filtration system is composed of high-quality air filters to guarantee the 100% removal of mold spores and viruses.
Its fan power has CADR rating of 560 cfm, and this Airpura P600 can deliver strong air purification in an area of 2000 square feet. Thanks to the advanced Airpura Central Air System, the air filtration to deal with mold, mildew and viruses can reach everywhere in your home.
Our only problem is the price of this high-end air purifier machine, and we recommend to use it only in the area with high level of viruses. Of course, you will have desire to have one, but if you can’t afford one, you should check the below air purifiers instead.
Here is the pros/cons of Airpura P600:
- Perfect air filtration system
- Powerful air flow with high CADR
- Overall complete finish
- Quiet operation on lowest fan speed
- No Smart Features
- High cost
Review: Airpura P600 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers in 2019.
2) GermGuardian AC4825 – The most popular Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew
We know that it’s not all about the high-cost, super spec air purifiers all the time – not everyone wants or can afford a supercar of an air purifier like the Airpura P600, so the GermGuardian AC4825 is a savior for people who need a budget air purifier for mold, mildew and viruses.
And you can put your trust in this air purifier, because it features a powerful air filtration system with all these below components:
- True HEPA Filter – The True HEPA filter can’t match the performance of high-end air purifiers in terms of the quantity and quality of filter media, but it is still certified to capture 99.97% any particles as small as 0.3 microns, including of mold spores and viruses.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Reduces odors from mold and other household odors.
- UV-C Light filter – Kills airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores.
The GermGuardian AC4825 doesn’t feature any additional filters, but with the only 3-stage air cleaning system, this air purifier has enough power to deal with your everyday mold and viruses problem. For a compact air purifier, it can clean an area of 170 square feet for you.
But the main reason you might be interested in this air purifier is because of its low price tag. For under $100, the GermGuardian AC4825 is also the most popular air purifier for mold and mildew, with more than 9200 reviews on Amazon (rated 4/5). This was also our everyday beater for air purifier, and we can say that it worked great for the price.
Of course, the limit of this GermGuardian AC4825 is its low performance for large room, as well as the annual expense of filter replacement, because you can only use the air filter for maximum of 8 months. Still, you can’t find an air purifier with same performance and great UV-C light filter like the GermGuardian AC4825 under $100, so don’t hesitate to buy this most popular budget air purifier.
Here is the pros/cons of GermGuardian AC4825:
- Great performance for the price
- Decent air filtration system
- Quite noisy at highest setting
- Lacks of Smart features
Review: GermGuardian AC4825 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for allergies.
3) SilverOnyx – Best budget Air Purifier for Mold and Viruses
If you can afford a little more than GermGuardian AC4825, sometimes only about $20, you can have the SilverOnyx – an ultimate air filtration solution from a small electronics brand in Utah. We have been amazed by the raw performance of this air purifier, and even right now, this is one of our best air purifiers for mold, mildew and viruses.
This air purifier will represent a 5-stage air filtration process, which is truly rare in this price range.
- Additional Filters – You will have a mesh pre-filter and an ionizer in SilverOnyx. With the help of the ionizer, SilverOnyx can increase the performance of the True HEPA filter a lot more. The ionizer can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – A True HEPA H13 filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens up to 0.3 microns in size and is a perfect filter for mold spores.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Neutralizes household odors and mold odors.
- UV-C Light filter – Included in a photo catalyst filter, this UV LED light can destroy contaminants like mold and germs.
You can’t believe an ultimate air filtration system, with all possible air filter types can be gathered in one low-range air purifier, right? But there is no mistake here, the SilverOnyx is able to deal with any types of mold, mildew and viruses in your home. The manufacturer’s suggested room size for this air purifier is impressive, up to 500 square feet.
This air purifier features a Smart Sensor, to help automatically adjust the air flow to ensure the highest quality air. The feature is only available in high-end air purifiers, and it gives more value to our SilverOnyx. That’s why SilverOnyx is featured as the Amazon’s Choice for several years.
Of course, there will be downsides for a budget air purifier with too many impressive key features. First, the SilverOnyx’s ionizer only releases 3 million ions/cm³, while the top ones’ ionizer can produce up to 10 million, and as a result it will limit the performance of this air purifier. Second, its CADR rating is only 83 cfm, which is quite insufficient for the large room coverage of 500 square feet. You need a lot of time for this air purifier to complete the task of cleaning a 500-sq-ft room for sure.
Here is the pros/cons of SilverOnyx:
- Amazing performance rating to kill mold spores
- Powerful air filtration process
- Smart features like Smart Sensor
- Has quiet operation
- Compact and sleek design
- Very low CADR for large room coverage
- Weak ionizer
Review: SilverOnyx Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for bedroom.
4) InvisiClean Aura II – Another Low-range Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew
The compact SilverOnyx may be the more favorite item of many people, but some will prefer the console system. This InvisiClean Aura II is the awesome update from the first version, to ensure that it will give you the complete filtration and viruses disinfection.
For a low-range air purifier, the ultimate 4-stage air filtration system is enough to deal with any mold spores that might cause allergies for you.
- Additional Filters – With the built-in ionizer, InvisiClean Aura II can trap even the smallest airborne particles. This features can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – A H13 True HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of all airborne particles, especially mold spores.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Reduces odors created from mold and mildew with ease. This air filter also acts as a pre-filter to capture large objects of contaminants such as dust and hair.
- UV-C Light filter – A decent UV-C light filter to get rid of mold spores and viruses in the air.
The core features to buy the InvisiClean Aura II over the previous SilverOnyx is because of its high performance. It has all air filter types in its air filtration system, together with a double CADR of 170 cfm. Though the manufacturer’s suggested room size for this air purifier is only 320 square feet, we can confirm that this InvisiClean Aura II will perform better than SilverOnyx in large rooms.
But the real money feature of this air purifier is its low energy consumption. We never expect an air purifying device could go as low as 3 watts for such performance. Using an InvisiClean Aura II, you will have no worry of a surprise electric bill.
Of course, the InvisiClean Aura II still doesn’t have the Smart Sensor, a fancy setting which costs you $20 more for the InvisiClean Sensa. However, we still think the InvisiClean Aura II is a better candidate for the best air purifier for mold, mildew and viruses, given the low price but high performance it has.
Here is the pros/cons of InvisiClean Aura II:
- Decent performance rating to kill mold spores at low-range
- Great air filtration process
- Good fan power with high CADR rating
- Quite noisy
- No Smart Features like Smart Sensor
Review: InvisiClean Aura Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for pets.
5) PureZone Elite – All-round Air Purifier for Mold
The next all-round air purifier (air purifier with all air filter types) in the list of best air purifiers for mold is the PureZone Elite – the flagship device of Pure Enrichment, a California-based air purifier brand.
Just like the above 2 air purifiers, you still have the ultimate air filtration system in the PureZone Elite.
- Additional Filters – Another air purifier makes use of the ionizer to increase the efficiency of capturing airborne particles. This features can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – This True HEPA filter is able to capture 99.97% of all airborne particles, especially including mold spores and other pollutants.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Reduces odors created from mold and mildew to help you breathe easier.
- UV-C Light filter – A good UV-C Light is also included in a photo catalyst filter to be used.
The PureZone Elite is one potential candidate to be selected in Breathe Quality because of its combination of all air filter types. This powerful air filtration process is the reason this air purifier can win over other air purifiers for one spot, for example the GermGuardian CDAP5500BCA. No matter how many mold spores in your house, PureZone Elite could easily eliminate all of them.
PureZone Elite also features the Smart Sensor, so you can live with it in a more comfortable way. Also, we prefer the control panel of PureZone Elite. It is simple, clear and intuitive.
This air purifier is really, really great for the quality of its own system, but its fan power is quite weak. In fact, with a decent CADR of 120 cfm to cover a small area of 190 square feet, the InvisiClean Aura II is a better air purifier. So, you only should buy this PureZone Elite when you like the concept of auto mode, or if you just prefer the tower air purifier design.
Here is the pros/cons of PureZone Elite:
- Decent performance rating to kill mold spores at low-range
- Good all-round air filtration process
- Smart features like Smart Sensor
- High noise level at highest setting
- Small room coverage: only 190 square feet
Review: PureZone Elite Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for office.
6) Biota Bot MM208 – Best bang for the buck
The Biota Bot MM208 is not a well-recognized air purifier, but it’s worth to be one of the best air purifiers for mold, mildew and viruses in 2019. To completely combat with the mold, Biota Bot MM208 is your best bet today, with an amazing performance for the price.
Of course, the price of Biota Bot MM208 doubles the previous PureZone Elite, but it is reasonable for a strong ultimate air filtration system as below.
- Additional Filters – Biota Bot MM208 is using a very proficient pre-filter. This washable pre-filter will help effectively capture large objects of pollutants and will help reduce a large amount of mold spores. Also, this air purifier has Anion Feature – an ionizer which can increase the efficiency of trapping mold spores. This ionizer feature can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – The powerful True HEPA filter to capture any microscopic particles like mold spores and even viruses.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Reduces odors created from mold and mildew.
- UV-C Light filter – The best UV-C light technology to kill the remaining airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores.
This Amazon’s Choice air purifier is the pleased purchase of more than 60 reviews, and it is easy to know the reason – its perfect 5-stage air filtration system including of all air filter types possible. The Biota Bot MM208 can kill almost all types of mold and mildew available in your home air. We have run several thorough experiments to guarantee the 100% of mold spores kill with this air purifier. Overall, on a scale of 0-10, it is hard for this air purifier to fall below 9.
Powerful filtration process is just only one advantage, the fan power Biota Bot MM208 could run is great, too. That’s why this air purifier can easily cover a large room of 430 square feet.
Like any other high-end machines, Biota Bot MM208 features a necessary Smart Sensor to automatically adjust the fan power to match the real-time air quality. In addition, you will have a neat timer and an useful LED indicator for filter replacement.
However, a slight minus is with a high fan power like that, Biota Bot MM208 will be quite noisy at the highest setting. That’s why you should not use this air purifier when you sleep.
Here is the pros/cons of Biota Bot MM208:
- Best performance rating to kill mold spores
- Powerful air filtration process
- Has Smart features like Smart Sensor
- Large room coverage: 430 square feet
- Noisy at highest setting
Review: Biota Bot MM208 Review.
7) Sharp FP-A80UW – A well-known Japanese air purifier
Sharp is a Japanese multinational corporation that designs and manufactures electronic products. Despite of its popularity among Asian regions, Sharp air purifier is not a impressive name to be heard in the U.S region. However, the quality of their products is undeniable. Today, in the list of best air purifiers for mold, mildew and virus, we will check a candidate from Sharp – Sharp FP-A80UW.
Though without the UV-C light filter as the aforementioned air purifiers, the Sharp FP-A80UW is still amazing with its air filtration system.
- Additional Filters – Sharp has an unique technology named Plasmacluster ions. Unlike the normal ionizer, these Plasmacluster ions not only just attract contaminants to make a bigger form, but these ions can also extract the protein components of mold spores and viruses. Thus these ions can decompose the protein and suppress the mold spores and viruses in the air. Can be switched on/off.
- True HEPA Filter – Combining with the wonderful Plasmacluster technology is a great True HEPA filter. This filtration process can trap 99.97% of airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns, including mold spores, mildew and other contaminant particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – A high quality Activated Carbon filter is also available to help put an end to the mold odor and chemicals.
Without the UV light filter is a disadvantage for Sharp FP-A80UW to compete in the list of best air purifiers for mold in 2019, but the Plasmacluster is really a powerful and innovative technology to deal with even the smallest impurities. This exclusive air filtration technology in Sharp air purifiers won’t trigger any types of asthma.
Also, Sharp FP-A80UW is truly powerful with an effective True HEPA filter. This well-built layer of filtration can last for up to 2 years without need of replacement, successfully reduce the cost of annual filter replacement. Without a doubt, this air purifier deserves a 9 on a scale of 0-10 for performance rating.
One more great advantage when buying Sharp FP-A80UW is the powerful fan. With a high CADR of 303 Dust/ 293 Smoke/ 360 Pollen (cfm), this air purifier have no problem at cleaning a large room of up to 454 square feet. Moreover, the Library Quiet technology from Sharp is useful to keep this air purifier quiet in real-world use.
Mentioning the additional features, we will have a stable Smart Sensor and other add-ons like Timer or LED filter replacement indicator. If there could be a reason to hesitate buying this air purifier, it must be the high price tag of a mid-range product. Anyway, we believe a good investment will give better benefits, so you need to check the price of Sharp FP-A80UW right now.
Here is the pros/cons of Sharp FP-A80UW:
- Best performance rating to kill mold spores
- Innovative and great air filtration process
- Has Smart features like Smart Sensor
- Large room coverage: 454 square feet
- Mid-range air purifier with higher cost than others
- Sometimes is out of stock
Review: Sharp FP-A80UW Review.
Related post: Best large room air purifiers.
8) GermGuardian AC9200WCA – Great Mid-range option with lower price
We normally don’t put two air purifiers of the same brand into one list of best air purifiers in Breathe Quality, to retain a sense of objectivity and fairness. But only this time, Guardian Technologies is able to bring two best air purifiers thanks to their superior UV-C light filter technology. The GermGuardian AC9200WCA is the flagship of this company in 2019, together with the GermGuardian AC9400W (which doesn’t have UV-C light filter).
This could also be the best mid-range air purifier with UV-C light filter in its air filtration system.
- True HEPA Filter – The powerful True HEPA filter to deal with 99.97% of any airborne particles down to 0.3 microns, including of mold spores and some viruses.
- Activated Carbon Filter – The pre-filter of this air purifier is attached with an Activated Carbon filter. As a result, this filter will both capture the large objects of contaminants as well as the annoying mold odors and chemicals.
- UV-C Light filter – A prominent UV-C lamp to destroy the structure of any viruses and mold spores.
As the mightiest flagship console air purifier of Guardian Technologies, GermGuardian AC9200WCA is easily able to deal with the mold, mildew and viruses. We also chose this air purifier as one of our best air purifiers in 2019, a title that we need to test rigorously for over 120 air purifiers, to make you a handy list of all the top air purifiers that you can get on the market right now, assessing what really matters to you, the buyer.
The high performance of this air purifier also comes from the great fan power of itself, with high CADR rating of 216 Dust/ 216 Smoke/ 265 pollen (cfm). It is not as good as the Sharp FP-A80UW, but the UV-C light filter is still the money feature to buy this GermGuardian AC9200WCA.
A pity that this air purifier doesn’t have the Smart Sensor, but that isn’t a hindrance to shove it away from the top rated air purifiers for mold and viruses.
Here is the pros/cons of GermGuardian AC9200WCA:
- Great performance against mold and viruses
- Powerful UV-C light filter
- Decent fan power
- Quite noisy at highest setting
- High filter replacement cost
Review: GermGuardian AC9200WCA Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for dust.
9) Rabbit Air MinusA2 – Champ in Mid-range segment
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is not a strange device for Breathe Quality’s readers at all. In fact, this is our currently best air purifier in 2019, thanks to the versatility and power of its air filters. It is also the most picked air purifier in mid-range segment, and is widely trusted by nearly 700 reviews on Amazon as the champion in mid-range segment.
Within this air purifier, you will have a perfect air filtration system as below.
- Additional Filters – The dual pre-filter and Germ Defense customized air filter can effectively trap and reduce airborne bacteria, mold spores and particles that carry viruses. Moreover, you will have a built-in ionizer in this Rabbit Air MinusA2, to further enhance the air filtration efficiency. The ionizer can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – An ultimate Advanced BioGS HEPA filter can remove 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles. Rabbit Air advances their air filter process, therefore prolong optimal filter efficiency and filter life of their HEPA Filter.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Eliminates odors from mold.
Amazing! Perfect! These words are enough to describe the actual performance of Rabbit Air MinusA2. The 6-stage air cleaning system of this air purifier, along with the Germ Defense customized air filter, is able to totally remove any elements of mold, mildew and viruses.
There are many other factors to buy this Rabbit Air MinusA2: great and beautiful design, low noise level, low power consumption and impressive customer service. This air purifier is also a smart high-end air purifier, as it has the Smart Sensor to automatically monitor the indoor air quality.
But still, this air purifier has a quite low CADR rating for its large room coverage of 815 square feet. If you plan to use the Rabbit Air MinusA2 in a smaller room, you will enjoy the fresh air a lot quicker.
Here is the pros/cons of Rabbit Air MinusA2:
- Top-notch True HEPA filter
- Outstanding filtration process
- Attractive design
- Can be mounted on wall
- Overall great performance
- No Android app for Wi-Fi version – SPA-780N
- No Timer control
Review: Rabbit Air MinusA2 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for smoke.
10) Winix T1 – A Titan Air Purifier for Mold and Viruses
Winix is not just another Asian representative just like Sharp, they have established in the United States even longer than most of the current native air purifier companies. The Winix T1, the high-end flagship of this company, is truly a must-have air purifier to deal with mold, mildew and viruses for large rooms.
So get ready to explore the last device in our list of best air purifier for mold, mildew and viruses.
- Additional Filters – The famous PlasmaWave technology of Winix, which forms a hydroxyl radicals (OH) to steal atom from molecules like viruses, bacteria, germs and mold spores, thereby destroying them in the process. Can be switched on/off.
- True HEPA Filter – This is not only the high-quality True HEPA filter that can capture 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles, it is covered with an anti-microbial coating to help prevent the growth of mold and bacteria on it.
- Activated Carbon Filter – The AOC carbon filter is able to deal with the mold odors by adsorbing it.
The Winix T1 is the best air purifier that Winix can deliver to their customers, and the flagship of one air purifier expert can’t be ignored by any means. It has a dual pre-filter with better performance than even the Rabbit Air MinusA2, and the combination of True HEPA filter and PlasmaWave technology is the best air filtration process you can have. In fact, this is also the core theory for the air filtration process of the Airpura P600, but the Winix T1 doesn’t have the UV-C light filter to match the efficiency against mold spores and viruses like the champion.
Winix T1 is a beast with high fan power, and it can easily cover a room of 1000 square feet, with a top-notch CADR rating of 450 Dust/ 450 Smoke/ 400 Pollen (cfm). In our list, this air purifier’s fan power is only behind the Airpura P600.
Winix T1 is a high-end air purifier for modern days, so it has any smart features you’ve desired for your air purifier, like Smart Sensor or even the Wi-Fi capability function. These things are unavailable in any Airpura air purifiers, so if you want it for your best air purifier for mold, you should choose the Winix T1.
Here is the pros/cons of Winix T1:
- Top-notch performance rating
- Solid built with high-quality materials
- Powerful CADR rating to clean quicker
- Smart features in a high-range device
- Low noise level for the high fan power
- High power consumption
- High cost
Review: Winix T1 Review.
What are mold and mildew? Are molds harmful for your health?
What are mold and mildew? In short, mildew is just one type of mold. And molds are fungi which not only cause damage to the surfaces they are growing on, but also release tons of spores.
Are molds harmful for your health? According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects, or none at all. However, just because you don’t have an allergic reaction to mold doesn’t mean you are immune to it. In fact, being exposed to mold over a long period of time can develop a strong allergy to anyone.
“In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children.” (Source: CDC gov website).
If you still have doubt for the effect of air purifier with mold, mildew and viruses, you can read our below articles to understand thoroughly why you need an air purifier.
Mold and mildew prevention
Killing mold with your air purifier is a good prevention. To increase the efficiency of preventing mold and mildew, you can count on these actions below.
- Fix leaks: A leaky roof or plumbing system can increase the moisture in your home and create the perfect environment for mold. Repair such leaks and dry out any wet areas immediately.
- Clean up after floods: Don’t just leave your flooded basement be, because it is a huge source of increasing moisture for mold growth. Making a post-flood cleanup is necessary in order to keep your basement dry.
- Check your air ventilation: Kitchen and bathroom are the most proper places for mold growth. Make sure your air ventilation work its best to vent moisture outside the house.
And the last but not least, you need to pick up your best air purifier for mold in 2019. Thank you for reading!
Rating Breathe Quality
- Average ratings for this post