You’ve noticed an issue with mold and mildew in your house, correct? We believe this because you’ve come here looking for the best air purifiers for mold, mildew and virus in your home. To be specific, you are facing these problems:
- You (or a family member) are severely allergic to mold spores.
- You are not allergic to mold, but you are aware that prolonged exposure to mold can be harmful to your health. And seriously, you don’t allow that.
- You hate viruses.
Why you can trust Breathe Quality ☑: We’ve evaluated and measured 400+ air purifiers over the last few years to compile the most comprehensive air purifier ranking list available. If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then it’s time you choose the best solution for mold, mildew and even virus in your home. They are all in the list of the best air purifiers for mold in 2023.
* Important: The new nCoV corona virus, which caused the global outbreak COVID-19, is spread primarily via respiratory droplets – the liquid released from someone’s coughing, sneezing and talking. You should remember that the virus doesn’t float in the air for a long time, therefore an air purifier isn’t much helpful at dealing with the new corona virus. To protect yourself, you should get a face mask, and make sure to wash your hands whenever possible with soap or alcohol. In addition, please check the CDC website for any accurate information about COVID-19.
Let’s not waste countless hours of searching through any others of websites just to find the top rated air purifiers that fit your specific needs. Because in Breathe Quality:
- We provide honest reviews (both pros and cons) and a base comparison for all air purifiers, ensuring that everyone makes the best decisions.
- We do not (and we never) exaggerate one product just to let you click the links and buy that product blindly.
- Air purifiers are for everyone. Believing that, we will give you the best air purifiers from low-range to high-range. To know the exact price of your air purifier, make sure to hit the Check price button.
Mold, mildew and viruses are indeed microscopic. To deal with these tiny particles, the best air purifier for mold needs to have:
- True HEPA Filter – The most used air filter with powerful filtration process to capture up to 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns particles, including mold, mildew and viruses. Being a True HEPA filter means it is tested strictly to meet the standards of the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Activated Carbon Filter – We need this filter to remove the annoying mold odors. With a granular activated carbon adsorption, this air filter can even remove the VOCs and chemicals in mold and mildew.
- UV-C Light Filter – An additional filter of UV-C Light is highly recommended to 100% kill the mold spores. The UV-C light is used to destroy the DNA markup in the mold spores and is always the last line of defense in case your filter can’t capture the mold spores.
If you are clear on these above rules then you can now look for more information to purchase the best air purifier for mold in 2023. Once again, we hope nothing but your health.
BASE COMPARISON TABLE OF BEST AIR PURIFIERS FOR MOLD IN 2023
First, let’s take a look at how good or bad the air quality is in your area.
We must remind you that for almost everyone, you should check the best air purifier 2023, which are the most comprehensive list of the top-tier air purifiers that you can buy right now, for anything regarding indoor air quality. It also includes the air purifier ranking list, made exclusively by us, Breathe Quality.
Why do you need this list of the Best Air Purifiers for Mold? The top reason we need to separate this list is because the air purifiers for mold, mildew and viruses must have UV-C light filter to break the DNA markup in the mold spores, thus destroy the microorganisms.
We provide you with a comparison table of the best air purifiers for mold, mildew and viruses in 2023. In this table, we compare the air filter types of each air purifier, as well as other important criteria such as room coverage and filter replacement (HEPA filters commonly should be replaced after 12 months of constant use).
Remember that you should check the reviews of each air purifier. We will offer all of our knowledge regarding the advantages and disadvantages of each air purifier. To have a better understanding of why we chose this list of the best air purifiers for mold in 2023, you should read our buying guide.
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Mold in 2023
1) GermGuardian AC9600W – OUR 2023 WINNER FOR MOLD AND VIRUSES PURIFICATION
The GermGuardian AC9600W is the latest Guardian Technologies’ flagship model, and it is also our winner for the best air purifier for mold, thanks to its outstanding UV-C light filter technology. Its performance ranking is the highest among all other air purifiers in this list, because it shares the same power from its previous flagship brother.
- True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon Filter – GermGuardian AC9600W uses an all-in-one mechanical air filter to remove 99.97% of any airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and bacteria. The carbon filter reduces odors from pets, smoking, cooking along with many VOCs emitted from a variety of household products and chemicals.
- UV-C Light filter – A prominent UV-C lamp to destroy the structure of any viruses and mold spores.
As Guardian Technologies’ most powerful flagship console air purifier, the GermGuardian AC9600W takes no effort in dealing with mold, mildew, and viruses. Its UV-C light filter works with TiO2 and destroy the structure of airborne mold and mildew, rendering them useless.
The new flagship air purifier also has great performance with a high CADR rating of 267 Dust/ 255 Smoke/ 271 Pollen (cfm). It is verified by both the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) and Energy Star, so it is highly recommended to use.
Unlike the previous AC9200WCA, the GermGuardian AC9600W features a Smart Sensor, to help you monitor the air quality automatically. Though it doesn’t have as many smart features as the TruSens Z-3500, it has better performance ranking at S-. The overall ranking of the GermGuardian AC9600W is B.
Here are the pros/cons of the GermGuardian AC9600W:
- Impressive performance against mold and viruses
- Powerful UV-C light filter
- Great fan power for the price
- Energy Star rating
- Smart Sensor
- 3-year warranty
- Quite noisy at highest setting
- High filter replacement cost
Review: GermGuardian AC9600W Review.
Related post: Best air purifier 2023.
2) AIRTHEREAL APH260 – The Best Budget Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew ($100)
In the lowest-range around $100, the Airthereal APH260 meets all requirements to be the best budget air purifier for mold and mildew. Why? For a low-range air purifier, its 7-in-1 air filtration system is enough to deal with any mold spores that might cause allergies for you.
- Additional Filters – Airthereal APH260 uses a pre-filter, to trap the largest particles like fur, hair and large dust. It also comes with an ionizer, to positively charge air pollutants, neutralizing them. Can be switched on/off.
- True HEPA filter – With the True HEPA filter, this air purifier can capture 99.97% of as small as 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
- Activated Carbon filter – The real power of Airthereal air purifiers is inside the carbon filter, as a combination of Nano mineral, Cold catalyst, Photo catalyst and Molecular Sieve carbon. It will adsorb odors, chemicals and smoke from the indoor air.
- UV-C light filter – Adds deeper level of air sanitation with the UV-C light bulb, to kill viruses, mold spores and bacteria. You should change the bulb every 5 years.
The main reason to buy the Airthereal APH260 over any other budget air purifier is its high performance. It has all air filter types in its air filtration system, together with a double CADR rating of 152 cfm. Though the manufacturer’s suggested room size for this air purifier is only 355 square feet, we can confirm that the Airthereal APH260 performs well even in larger rooms.
The true selling point of this air purifier is its Smart Sensor, which is great especially in this price range. It can monitor the real-time indoor air quality by automatically adjusting the fan power.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Airthereal APH260 ranks B-.
Here are the pros/cons of the Airthereal APH260:
- High-end filtration system
- Low-range budget
- High fan power
- Lightweight for a console air purifier
- 2-year warranty
- High energy consumption
Review: Airthereal APH260 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for pets.
3) TCL Breeva A5 – The Best Air Purifier for Mold and Viruses ($150)
If you can spend somewhat more than the Airthereal APH260, you can get the new TCL Breeva A5 – an ultimate air filtering solution for dealing with mold and virus problems. We have been blown away by this air purifier’s raw performance, and it is now one of our best air purifiers for mold, mildew, and viruses.
This air purifier will represent a 5-stage air filtration process, which is truly rare in this price range.
- Additional Filters – You will have a fine pre-filter and an ionizer in this TCL Breeva A5. With the help of the ionizer, the TCL Breeva A5 can increase the performance of the True HEPA filter a lot more. The ionizer can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – A True HEPA H13 filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens up to 0.3 microns in size and is a perfect filter for mold spores.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Neutralizes household odors and mold odors.
- UV-C Light filter – Destroys bacteria and other microorganisms like viruses or mold spores.
You can’t imagine an ultimate air filtration system that includes every imaginable air filter types can be included in a single low-range air purifier, can you? However, make no mistake, the TCL Breeva A5 is capable of eliminating any form of mold, mildew, or virus in your house. The air purifier is certified by both AHAM and Energy Star for its valuable performance.
This air purifier has a Smart Sensor that assists in automatically adjusting the air flow to maintain the maximum possible air quality. Moreover, the TCL Breeva A5 has a Wi-Fi capability feature, so you can control this air purifier much easier. These functions are commonly represented on higher-end air purifiers, and TCL Breeva A5 has them.
However, the TCL Breeva A5 will cost a little more than the Airthereal APH260. In our air purifier ranking list, the TCL Breeva A5 ranks B+.
Here are the pros/cons of the TCL Breeva A5:
- Amazing performance rating to kill mold spores
- Respectable air filtration system
- High-end smart features
- Unique design
- High annual filter replacement cost
- Only 1-year warranty
Review: TCL Breeva A5 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for bedroom.
4) GermGuardian AC5109W – The Best Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew ($200)
While the GermGuardian AC9200WCA has better performance ranking than this GermGuardian AC5109W, the current price of the GermGuardian AC5109W makes it a better option. It’s not strange to find two air purifiers from Guardian Technologies in the list of the best air purifier for mold, mildew and viruses. The GermGuardian AC5109W is a lifesaver for those in need of a decent air purifier that kills mold, mildew, and viruses.
And you can trust this air purifier since it is equipped with a robust air filtering technology that includes the following components:
- Additional Filters – There is an ionizer in this GermGuardian AC5109W, which increases its efficiency at trapping contaminants. The ionizer can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – The True HEPA filter is certified to capture 99.97% any particles as small as 0.3 microns, including of mold spores and viruses.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Reduces odors from mold and other household odors.
- UV-C Light filter – Kills airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores.
The GermGuardian AC5109W features more air filters than its brother, and with its 4-stage air cleaning system, this air purifier has enough power to deal with your everyday mold and virus problems. It was supposed to be a flagship-tier air purifier, so it shares the same performance and smart features as the GermGuardian AC9600W.
At its lower price tag, you might be interested in this GermGuardian AC5109W. Its CADR rating of 258 Dust/ 254 Smoke/ 291 pollen (cfm) is also verified by both the AHAM and Energy Star. The new air filter’s quality doesn’t match the current flagship, but it’s very near.
GermGuardian offers a Smart Sensor, so you can run it effectively in any room up to 400 square feet. There is no need to change the setting, as the air purifier can automatically adjust the fan speed according to the real-time indoor air quality.
In our air purifier ranking list, the GermGuardian AC5109W ranks B, with an A+ in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the GermGuardian AC5109W:
- Great performance for the price
- Smart features
- Energy Star rating
- 3-year warranty
- Filter replacement cost is a bit high
Review: GermGuardian AC5109W Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for allergies.
5) InvisiClean Claro – The Best Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew ($250)
With a new update of a honeycombed Activated Carbon filter and H13 True HEPA filter, the InvisiClean Claro takes the position as the best air purifiers for mold, mildew and viruses from its predecessor. To completely combat the mold, InvisiClean Claro is your best bet, with an amazing performance for the price.
With its strong ultimate air filtration system, the InvisiClean Claro is another all-round air purifier in the list.
- Additional Filters – InvisiClean Claro has a separate pre-filter to remove large particles like dust and pet dander. It also includes an ionizer, to positively charge air pollutants, neutralizing them. Can be switched on/off.
- True HEPA filter – The core filter of this air purifier (H13 graded), efficiently removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, like dust, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander, pollen and fungi.
- Activated Carbon filter – The honeycombed Activated Carbon filter can adsorb smoke, odors, gases and even Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in household products.
- UV-C light filter – InvisiClean Claro uses ultra violet light to kill mold spores, bacteria and viruses.
The flagship of InvisiClean deserves a position as the best air purifier for mold, mildew and viruses with a perfect 5-stage air filtration system including of all air filter types possible. The InvisiClean Claro features the best things of its brand, showing off good performance for the price, and an impressive UV-C light filter.
Furthermore, the powerful filtration process is a plus; the InvisiClean Claro’s fan power is good for the price, with a CADR rating of 200 cfm. It is recommended for usage in a 375 square foot room with a 4 air changes per hour rating.
The InvisiClean Claro doesn’t lack of the required Smart Sensor like its predecessors, so it can automatically adjusts the fan power to meet the current air quality. The air purifier can also display the indoor temperature and humidity, which is a plus to deal with mold and mildew.
In our air purifier ranking list, the InvisiClean Claro ranks B, with a B+ in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the InvisiClean Claro:
- Good performance for the price
- All-round air filtration system
- High fan power
- Smart Sensor
- 3-year warranty
- Quite noisy in Turbo Mode
- Raw performance isn’t the best
Review: InvisiClean Claro Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for baby.
6) Medify MA-50 – The Best Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew ($300)
While the GermGuardian AC9200WCA has better performance ranking, the Medify MA-50 has better pricing and nearly the same capability on all fronts. It is also an all-round air purifier (air purifier with all air filter types), and its fan power is typically better.
- Additional Filters – Another air purifier makes use of the ionizer to increase the efficiency of capturing airborne particles. This feature can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – This True HEPA filter is able to capture 99.97% of all airborne particles, especially mold spores and other pollutants.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Reduces odors created from mold and mildew to help you breathe easier.
- UV-C Light filter – A good UV-C light is also included in a photo catalyst filter to be used.
With the combination of all air filter types, the Medify MA-50 has a very good performance ranking in Breathe Quality list. This powerful air filtration process is the reason this air purifier can beat other air purifiers in the same price range, even the GermGuardian AC9200WCA with higher price tag. No matter how many mold spores are present in your home, the Medify MA-50 can effortlessly eradicate them all.
This air purifier is fantastic for its own system’s quality, and its fan power is very impressive at 271 Dust/ 276 Smoke/ 322 Pollen (cfm). Good fan power has always been the strength of a Medify air purifier, and the Medify MA-50 isn’t an exception.
However, the Medify MA-50 lacks Smart Sensor, which is a serious downside of this product, especially in this price range.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Medify MA-50 ranks C, with an A- in performance ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the Medify MA-50:
- Decent performance ranking to kill mold spores at low-range
- Good all-round air filtration process
- High fan power
- Lifetime warranty
- Annual filter cost is high
- Lacks of smart features
Review: Medify MA-50 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for office.
7) TruSens Z-3500 – The Best Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew ($350)
TruSens is an air purifier group of the ACCO Brands Corporation, a big corporation that manufactures home and office products in the U.S. Its flagship – the TruSens Z-3500 is the best air purifier of this company, with the exclusive PureDirect technology and DuPont air filter, which is truly a force to deal with all problems of mold, mildew and viruses.
What could you get from the signature air filtration system made only for TruSens?
- Additional Filters – TruSens separates the pre-filter from the carbon filter, to make it washable and permanent. The pre-filter is the first stage of the air cleaning system, and captures large particles such as dust and pet hair.
- True HEPA filter – The True HEPA Filter that captures 99.97% down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles.
- Activated Carbon filter – Can remove certain gases and odors from the air, as well as many types of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- UV-C light filter – Using UV sterilization, the TruSens can kill 99.8% of hazardous germs and bacteria in the air. It also reduces the growth of odor-causing microbes on the surface of the filter.
TruSens’ DuPont air filter is a powerful blend of True HEPA and UV-C light filtration, providing one of the greatest levels of UV-C light filtration available. TruSens’ UV sterilization kills 99.8% of dangerous germs and bacteria in the air, protecting you against all types of airborne viruses.
With a CADR rating of 200 Dust/ 191 Smoke/ 208 Pollen (cfm), the TruSens Z-3500‘s design and high fan power enable it to cover a space up to 750 square feet (cfm). Despite its high fan power, the TruSens Z-3500 is exceptionally silent thanks to its Sleep Mode, which reduces noise to the level of a whisper.
TruSens Z-3500 is also special because it packs with a signature SensorPod – a remote air sensor to detect accurately the air quality index where you concern the most. It can take accurate air quality measurements within 49 feet, and respond to the air purifier in less than 5 seconds.
In our air purifier ranking list, the TruSens Z-3500 ranks A-, and together with its non-smart version, this is the UV-C light air purifier with highest ranking.
Here are the pros/cons of the TruSens Z-3500:
- Design-wise build
- Amazing performance for dealing with mold and viruses
- High-end smart features
- Advanced dual flow technology
- Really noisy on highest speed
- Low fan power
- 2-year warranty
Review: TruSens Z-3500 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for dust.
8) Vornado PCO575DC – The Best Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew ($500)
Vornado is a well-known manufacturer of residential fans and air purifiers in the United States, well known for their patented Silverscreen technology. Their latest flagship – the Vornado PCO575DC is the strongest solution for air cleaning, and we believe that it should remain on the list of the best air purifiers for mold, mildew and virus.
Using both a UV-C light filter and a patented titanium dioxide screen, the Vornado PCO575DC can go beyond HEPA limit to trap any virus particles smaller than 0.3 microns. Let’s check its air filtration system.
- Additional Filters – Vornado PCO575DC has a permanent, washable pre-filter to cover the True HEPA filter, extending its life time by trapping the large objects of pollutants like fur, hair and large dust. It also packs the Silverscreen technology, which is actually the Photo Catalytic Oxidation process, greatly support the UV-C light filter in breaking down the VOCs into harmless molecules.
- True HEPA Filter – Combining with the wonderful Plasmacluster technology is a great True HEPA filter. This filtration process can trap 99.97% of airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns, including mold spores, mildew and other contaminant particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – A high quality Activated Carbon filter is also available to help put an end to the mold odor and chemicals.
- UV-C light filter – The UV sterilization of Vornado PCO575DC is the best way to deal with mold, mildew and viruses.
Vornado PCO575DC could be the most affordable solution for using the Photocatalytic oxidation process in its air filtration system. It not only safely destroys any mold spores, mildew and viruses, but also breaks down any Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) molecule into harmless molecules, like H2O and CO2.
Additionally, the Vornado PCO575DC is extremely powerful due to its True HEPA filter. This well-constructed layer of filtration is comprised of high-quality materials and may last up to a year. Without a doubt, this air purifier gets a minimum rating of 9 on a 0-10 scale for performance.
Another significant benefit of purchasing the Vornado PCO575DC is the powerful fan. It boasts the highest air changes per hour rating, and can clean your room up to 12 times per hour (ACH rating). It is really, really incredible, because other air purifiers can deliver just 5X ACH. Its CADR rating is acceptable with 175 Dust/ 166 Smoke/ 192 Pollen (cfm).
In terms of additional features, we will have an accurate Smart Sensor and other add-ons like Sleep Mode or LED filter replacement indicator. The Vornado PCO575DC also has an Energy Smart technology, to be 80% more energy efficient, so you can easily forget your electricity bill.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Vornado PCO575DC ranks B. Its little brother – the Vornado PCO373DC has a better performance/price ratio, which ranks B+.
Here are the pros/cons of the Vornado PCO575DC:
- Impressive innovation in the air filtration system
- The best way to kill mold, mildew and viruses, with Silverscreen technology
- Impressive high ACH rating
- Energy Smart is great feature
- 10-year warranty
- Low CADR rating for the price
Review: Vornado PCO575DC Review.
Related post: Best large room air purifiers.
9) Rabbit Air MinusA2 – The Best Air Purifier for Mold and Mildew ($600-$700)
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is not a strange device for Breathe Quality’s readers at all. In fact, this was our previous best air purifier, thanks to the versatility and power of its air filters. It is also the most popular air purifier in the mid-range segment, and is widely trusted by reviewers as the champion in the mid-range segment.
Within this air purifier, you will have a perfect air filtration system as shown below.
- Additional Filters – The dual pre-filter and Germ Defense customized air filter can effectively trap and reduce airborne bacteria, mold spores and particles that carry viruses. Moreover, you will have a built-in ionizer in this Rabbit Air MinusA2, to further enhance the air filtration efficiency. The ionizer can be shut off.
- True HEPA Filter – An ultimate Advanced BioGS HEPA filter can remove 99.97% down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold and fungi particles. Rabbit Air advances their air filter process, therefore prolonging the optimal filter efficiency and filter life of their HEPA Filter.
- Activated Carbon Filter – Eliminates odors from mold.
Amazing! Perfect! These words are enough to describe the actual performance of the Rabbit Air MinusA2. The 6-stage air cleaning system of this air purifier, along with Germ Defense customized air filter, is able to totally remove any elements of mold, mildew and viruses.
There are plenty more reasons to purchase the Rabbit Air MinusA2: its stunning appearance, low noise level, low power usage, and exceptional customer service. This air purifier is also a smart high-end air purifier, as it is equipped with a Smart Sensor that monitors the interior air quality automatically.
But still, this air purifier has a quite low CADR rating for its large room coverage of 815 square feet. If you plan to use the Rabbit Air MinusA2 in a smaller room, you will enjoy the fresh air a lot quicker.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 ranks A, and this is the only air purifier in this list without a UV-C light filter. That’s why even when the Rabbit Air MinusA2 has the highest ranking, we still select the GermGuardian AC9600W as the best air purifier for mold and viruses.
Here are the pros/cons of the Rabbit Air MinusA2:
- Top-notch True HEPA filter
- Outstanding filtration process
- Attractive design
- Can be mounted on wall
- Overall great performance
- Quite low fan power
Review: Rabbit Air MinusA2 Review.
Related post: Best air purifiers for smoke.
10) Airpura UV600 – Top-notch Solution for Mold Purification (>$800)
When you find your home in extremely dangerous mold and mildew problem, this Airpura UV600 is the best air purifier you can buy right now, packing the best of what Airpura – the top North American air purifier brand, has to offer.
But apart from the high-range price, let’s find out why Breathe Quality choose this flagship air purifier of Airpura to be the Best Air Purifier for Mold in high-range segment.
- Additional Filters – Airpura UV600 is the only air purifier of this brand to deliver the TitanClean Photocatalytic oxidation, to create hydroxyls and attack the contaminants such as bacteria, mold spores and viruses, transforming them into harmless airborne particles.
- True HEPA Filter – Airpura UV600 makes use of the top rated True HEPA filter in the world, a 40-sq-ft big air filter that can filter out 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size, certainly including of the mold spores and viruses.
- Activated Carbon Filter – If you hate the odors created by mold and mildew, the powerful 18-lb carbon filter from Airpura UV600 will totally adsorb them, releasing only fresh air for you.
- UV-C Light filter – With the 20-watt UV-C light bulb, the Airpura UV600 holds the best UV light filter to kill all viruses and mold spores.
The ultimate air filtration system from the Airpura UV600 is at least $400 less expensive than the previous Airpura P600, but it is about 99.98% power of the flagship. This air filtration system is composed of high-quality air filters to guarantee 100% removal of mold spores and viruses.
With a CADR rating of 560 cfm, this Airpura UV600 can effectively purify the air in a 2000-square-foot space. The sophisticated Airpura Central Air System ensures that air filtration for mold, mildew, and viruses reaches every room in your home.
Our only criticism is the hefty price of this high-end air purifier unit, which we recommend for utilizing in areas with a high virus population. Of course, you’ll want one, but if you’re unable to purchase one, you should consider other air purifiers.
In our air purifier ranking list, the Airpura UV600 ranks C, but its raw performance is simply the best in this list. In fact, you can’t get a more powerful air purifier with a UV-C light filter than this Airpura giant.
Here are the pros/cons of the Airpura UV600:
- Perfect air filtration system
- Powerful air flow with high CADR
- Overall complete finish
- Quiet operation on lowest fan speed
- No Smart Features
- High cost
Review: Airpura UV600 Review.
What are mold and mildew?
Molds are fungi that not only harm the surfaces on which they develop, but also emit massive amounts of spores. Mold must gain nutrients from other organic substances, but unlike animals which “eat”, mold absorbs nutrition.
Mildew is a sort of mold. It is distinguished from mold largely by its color: molds appear in shades of black, blue, red, and green, whereas mildew is white.
Are molds harmful for your health?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), exposure to damp and moldy conditions can result in a range of health impacts or have no effect at all. However, simply because you are not sensitive to mold does not mean you are immune to it. Indeed, prolonged exposure to mold may cause anybody to acquire a severe allergy.
Mold, mildew and viruses are extremely dangerous for humans’ health. “In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children.” (Source: CDC gov website).
If you’re still unsure about the air purifier’s influence on mold, mildew, and viruses, you may read our following articles to fully understand why you need an air purifier.
1, Do air purifiers work for mold?
2, Do air purifiers work for viruses?
Eliminating mold using an air purifier is an excellent method of prevention. You may rely on the following activities to boost the effectiveness of mold and mildew prevention.
- Fix leaks: A leaking roof or plumbing system may increase the amount of moisture in your house, fostering the growth of mold. Repair any leaks quickly and dry up any moist areas.
- Clean up after floods: Do not abandon your flooded basement, since it is a significant source of increased moisture for mold growth. Cleaning up after a flood is vital to keep your basement dry.
- Check your air ventilation: The kitchen and bathroom are ideal environments for mold growth. Ascertain that your air ventilation system is performing optimally in terms of venting moisture outside the house.
The list of the best air purifier for mold is updated to version 2.0, you can see the changelog here.
And last but not least, you need to pick up your best air purifier for mold in 2023. Thank you for reading!